It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Bitter History Of The Man-Made God

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by drivers1492
reply to post by ellieN

I believe he is referring to the Uratu or Kingdom of Van. This link can get you started if you are interested in looking up more information.

en.wikipedia.org...

Thank you...will check this out...

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by drivers1492
reply to post by Annee

I can see how a personal experience would have more merit indeed. I personally have no issue with the idea that this jesus character may have existed. I don't believe he was divine. It seems to be a trend in ancient texts to embellish on facts which are written about. Right along with simply making things up from thin air. But, at the same time I cannot dismiss them since there is a reason why those stories took hold to our societies. If it was simply a need to give understanding where there was none or to show direction in what some see as a life without I don't know.

Ahhhhhhhhh - - - I do not dismiss Jesus - - anymore then I dismiss Johnny Appleseed - - who was a real person - - who's legend is a myth.

There was a real Jesus (actually quite a few) - - - but the one of legend/myth - - - was most likely the Political Dissident Jesus.

Let's go further. Here is the first and second visions of Joseph Smith. What does it sound like to you? (he was known as a seer before forming a religion)

1. "The Lord heard my cry in the wilderness"- - "and while in the attitude of calling upon the Lord a pillar of light above the brightness of the sun at noonday came down from above and rested upon me and I was filled with the spirit of God and the Lord opened the heavens upon me and I saw the Lord."

2. ". . . while engaged again in prayer, a light suddenly began filling his room. Within the light there appeared an angelic being. "His whole person was glorious beyond description, and his countenance truly like lightening."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I do believe we are a created race. Who created us is the question. I do believe we are and always have been monitored and watched over. But not by a mystical omnipotent god in the religious sense.

<< 1  2   >>

join