It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Bitter History Of The Man-Made God

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   
The modern "God", as defined by man, is a ruthless tyrant, and man a blind race of sheep. I will keep this short, as I don't feel like providing specific examples. Those of you who have read the Bible, or are familiar with its stories...you who remain utterly faithful to the literal interpretation of its fables...you are the ones I am addressing. You are the blind ones, the ones who believe in the man-defined God (despite the fact that man, as he is, could never hope to understand God) and the ones who will know what I'm talking about as I explain this. This pertains strictly to the Bible and to the Judaic religions, and any other materials or faiths contradicting or debating the Bible without religious expertise are irrelevant to the matters this thread discusses. Onward:

God is a tyrant, and unworthy of our worship (not that we need to worship ANYTHING).

Here is my justification in stating this. God arrogantly created man without the knowledge of good and evil, then demanded that they obey a rule which requires the knowledge of good and evil, then kicked them out when they fail to do so as a result of being inadequately equipped to deal with the issue. Not stopping there, he proceeded to cast Satan out into the same world as them, so that no matter what they did, they would fall into the same trap again and again.

Afterwards, God kills a bunch of people for not paying any attention to him, then plays with them, testing to see what kind of depraved acts they are willing to commit to save their own skins from "damnation", before going "PSYCHE! got ya! "

Then God sends his only son to be killed in order to save the people, tricking them into accepting his gift of absorbing all sin, then demanding payment in the form of eternal servitude...the alternative being the fiery pits of hell for all of forever.

And in the end, he will completely ransack the earth, killing half of his blindly devoted servants and making the other half question his sanity, before sending his son back saying, "Did you miss me?" and destroying anyone who ever questioned him. Unless they beg like dogs, of course.

This is the God we have been encouraged to worship for centuries. A loving God, yet a malicious and jealous God. A contradictory, egotistical, whimsical, and highly vindictive all-mighty being.

Is this the entity we are supposed to put our faith in? One that, for all of his power, can think of no other way to erase our sins or redeem our souls than to kill his own son and demand that we serve him for all of eternity?

I call troll. And if you disagree, then you choose to remind faithfully blind. Me, I was given brains for a reason. I'm not choosing ignorance. And let me make it clear that this description (which I firmly believe to be accurate) applies to man's definition of God. The God we are lead to worship these days is not truly a god, but man's definition of God. I do not worship a definition. I do not worship a sloppily drawn, crumpled, half burnt image...which is what man's version of God amounts to. I don't even believe that the true god desires to be worshiped. I believe that given the choice, the true god would rather have us love each other than Him/Her/It. Because if all it leads to is wars, then why exist at all?

I believe in a god...but not the god that is being pushed upon us by our peers. This is a god who has been constructed, drawn, colored in, and defined by the very men who worship him. Man, who has crippled and despoiled both the world and him/herself. I don't worship man's ideals, or anything that has been interpreted by man.

I trust in the true god, not this malicious, vindictive tyrant which the Bible itself says is "jealous and angry."

Jealousy and anger are not symptoms of true love. And any omnipotent, omniscient and benevolent being would know this.

Wake up, and recognize the true god...the one within you.

Namaste

edit on CMondayam111156f56America/Chicago05 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

edit on CMondayam020257f57America/Chicago05 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   
If there is a god in me why can't I walk on water?

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   
wow,even a child would of asked or observed the same things yoiu mentioned ,yet,"adults",blindly believe in santa claus,tooth fairy, and the likes,out of fear?conditioning? it is so claer these things you spoke about,makes no sence at all.im glad i am not the only one who has consider these things,what is the porpuse of a god? and is that enforce worship really free will? thank you for the posting.a god that condems for the very same things he exersices.
edit on 5-3-2012 by bumpufirst because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by hukney
If there is a god in me why can't I walk on water?

You may be one of those people I referred to when I mentioned the "sheep faithful to the fables of the Bible".

Also, because you are of a vibrational density which doesn't allow for the relationship or awareness of the energetic/vibrational interaction required to be supported by the structure of the molecular compound of which water is comprised.

Does that answer your question? If not, then the simple answer is because you are still just Homo Sapiens. The god within us is asleep. Why? Because of religion, and because we belief science, which is the equivalent of a four year old, holds all of the answers...when in truth, it barely knows anything about our universe.

Try watching Stan Lee's Superhumans, or maybe studying the Tibetan monks. Mentally petty people do not walk on water, because their hearts are not trained for it.
edit on CMondayam141433f33America/Chicago05 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Its the perfect illusion, the perfect lie. Hundreds of different religions swearing to authenticity, a direct link to God.
At best, bits and pieces of truth swimming with lies invented centuries ago.
What gets me, is that so little rational thinkers are created after studying our history and comparing it to today.

The years that I searched by reading the bible and many different translations, the times spend in different denominational churches and otherwise, my conclusion was only that I am the only direct link to God, not the men that wrote the bible or the men that translated it.

When there are disasters, and many die, the ones that survived were spared because of God? Never mind that those that perished had infants among them. Where is the reasoning in that? God picks and chooses who's going to live, and bases in on what? Faith? What about babies and children?

If the world would only strip down all the layers added over the years and years of dogma and man's desire to control, maybe just maybe we would behold a Creator, a scientist, an architect and NOT an emotional, jealous, human-like God.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Good job Des!
Woulda posted the same nearly word for word long ago but had no desire to be ripped apart by loones. Didn't want to remove hope for the emotionally challenged either.S&F

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   
I believe in a higher power but I don't know what it is. Every single organized religion the God exhibits properties of men.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Just try pointing out the thousands of contradictions in the "good book" outside a church one time! Best have your tennies on though. Afraid trying to save them is a fail though, as their religions burn it in their skulls that we are the ones who need saved!
edit on 5-3-2012 by ajay59 because: (no reason given)

A little side note for the thumpers, Lilith was the first woman, not Eve!

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Starchild23
The modern "God", as defined by man, is a ruthless tyrant, and man a blind race of sheep. I will keep this short, as I don't feel like providing specific examples. Those of you who have read the Bible, or are familiar with its stories...you who remain utterly faithful to the literal interpretation of its fables...you are the ones I am addressing. You are the blind ones, the ones who believe in the man-defined God (despite the fact that man, as he is, could never hope to understand God) and the ones who will know what I'm talking about as I explain this.

God is a tyrant, and unworthy of our worship (not that we need to worship ANYTHING).

Here is my justification in stating this. God arrogantly created man without the knowledge of good and evil, then demanded that they obey a rule which requires the knowledge of good and evil, then kicked them out when they fail to do so as a result of being inadequately equipped to deal with the issue. Not stopping there, he proceeded to cast Satan out into the same world as them, so that no matter what they did, they would fall into the same trap again and again.

Afterwards, God kills a bunch of people for not paying any attention to him, then plays with them, testing to see what kind of depraved acts they are willing to commit to save their own skins from "damnation", before going "PSYCHE! got ya! "

Then God sends his only son to be killed in order to save the people, tricking them into accepting his gift of absorbing all sin, then demanding payment in the form of eternal servitude...the alternative being the fiery pits of hell for all of forever.

And in the end, he will completely ransack the earth, killing half of his blindly devoted servants and making the other half question his sanity, before sending his son back saying, "Did you miss me?" and destroying anyone who ever questioned him. Unless they beg like dogs, of course.

This is the God we have been encouraged to worship for centuries. A loving God, yet a malicious and jealous God. A contradictory, egotistical, whimsical, and highly vindictive all-mighty being.

Is this the entity we are supposed to put our faith in? One that, for all of his power, can think of no other way to erase our sins or redeem our souls than to kill his own son and demand that we serve him for all of eternity?

I call troll. And if you disagree, then you choose to remind faithfully blind. Me, I was given brains for a reason. I'm not choosing ignorance. And let me make it clear that this description (which I firmly believe to be accurate) applies to man's definition of God. The God we are lead to worship these days is not truly a god, but man's definition of God. I do not worship a definition. I do not worship a sloppily drawn, crumpled, half burnt image...which is what man's version of God amounts to. I don't even believe that the true god desires to be worshiped. I believe that given the choice, the true god would rather have us love each other than Him/Her/It. Because if all it leads to is wars, then why exist at all?

I believe in a god...but not the god that is being pushed upon us by our peers. This is a god who has been constructed, drawn, colored in, and defined by the very men who worship him. Man, who has crippled and despoiled both the world and him/herself. I don't worship man's ideals, or anything that has been interpreted by man.

I trust in the true god, not this malicious, vindictive tyrant which the Bible itself says is "jealous and angry."

Jealousy and anger are not symptoms of true love. And any omnipotent, omniscient and benevolent being would know this.

Wake up, and recognize the true god...the one within you.

Namaste

edit on CMondayam111127f27America/Chicago05 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

I do agree to a point here. While your justifications proves false, Your complaining about the christian concept of GOD. Not only have you denounced the Christians view on God but fail to percieve others views on God.

So in turn i question your agenda. You say you dont follow the bible because its in error, and yet you quote from it. WHY?

As far as good and evil, And the Tree of life. From the books ive been reading There never was a tree of knowledge. Nor was there any rules to follow concerning the tree of life. Much less having them eat from it. Also God never kicked Adam and Eve from eden they left of their own accord to start another eden.

And as far as jesus goes, he was never sent here to stop sin or absorb sin. Thats just dumb. His goal, his message was intended for for the whole planet. His goal was to teach the planet about God. To uplift society from the barren soul that does not recognize God.

His message rang true until it was perverted.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Haites

Not only have you denounced the Christians view on God but fail to percieve others views on God.

I have indeed denounced their views on God. However, I do not fail to perceive other views. In fact, it was these other views (Ra Material, The Keys of Enoch, and other sources) that have opened my eyes to the fallacies of the Judaic view.

I support, for instance, Buddhism and Taoism...they do not require service to a higher being that will torment them for all of eternity if they do not comply, and they do not require man to deny or hide from his true nature. They simply encourage man to realize the true nature of the world (albeit from a certain vantage point) and IMPROVE upon himself, not deny what he is.

You say you dont follow the bible because its in error, and yet you quote from it. WHY?

I included in my original post only ONE quote from the Bible...and that was to invalidate it. My reasons are clear, if you read the post.

As far as good and evil, And the Tree of life. From the books ive been reading There never was a tree of knowledge. Nor was there any rules to follow concerning the tree of life. Much less having them eat from it. Also God never kicked Adam and Eve from eden they left of their own accord to start another eden.

The books you have been reading are clearly not the Bible, and therefore irrelevant. I speak strictly of the Bible, not these books which evidently contradict every word in it. According to the Bible, there was a tree, there were rules regarding that tree (including their partaking of it) and God did cast them out...though not as punishment. The word "punish" was never mentioned, nor any synonyms.

And as far as jesus goes, he was never sent here to stop sin or absorb sin. Thats just dumb. His goal, his message was intended for for the whole planet. His goal was to teach the planet about God. To uplift society from the barren soul that does not recognize God.

Once again, you take this not from the Bible, which is what I speak of, but other books that have no bearing upon the message in this thread.

It is specifically stated in the Bible, as is repeated in Judaic faith (I have recently witnessed cards produced by children to this effect) that Jesus died for our sins, in order to purge our race. If you call that dumb, you essentially call all of Judaism dumb...not that I object, although I find it ironic, considering you have claimed my justifications to be false.

While your justifications proves false

Yes, his goal (according to the Bible) was to uplift the spirit of man as a whole...and he did so by spreading the Word of God, which culminated in his death, according to the plan of God. The Bible is clear on this, as are the descendant religions of Judaism.

His message rang true until it was perverted.

His message was a riddle, and we were (and still are) incapable of grasping this concept. We have defined God, and in doing so, falsified Him/Her/It. God is not human...God is beyond human, in every way. So how is it that human words, human concepts, human minds can grasp something that is not, and never was, human...or of the human world?

I hope this answers your "rebuttal".

edit on CMondayam363650f50America/Chicago05 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by ajay59
Just try pointing out the thousands of contradictions in the "good book" outside a church one time! Best have your tennies on though. Afraid trying to save them is a fail though, as their religions burn it in their skulls that we are the ones who need saved!

A little side note for the thumpers, Lilith was the first woman, not Eve!

If you wouldn't mind, I'd like you to post evidence to this effect.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by ajay59
Good job Des!
Woulda posted the same nearly word for word long ago but had no desire to be ripped apart by loones. Didn't want to remove hope for the emotionally challenged either.S&F

Who in the world is Des? I am Starchild23, and none other.

With that said, I have no fear of "loones". Those who wish to live in a delusional world because of their fragile hearts can easily close the window. No one has to read this thread...although I sincerely hope they will.
edit on CMondaypm595918f18America/Chicago05 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   
I do believe in the ONE

That everything is energy and we are all of the ONE.

That there are multitude of layers and sub-layers - - - and sub-creators. That everything is really a created illusion.

I will never refer to it as God.

edit on 5-3-2012 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

What do you call it, then? What do you refer to it as?

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

What do you call it, then? What do you refer to it as?

Just Energy or Energy Consciousness or the ONE.

I've been in forums for about 20 years. I have found that even a hint of "God" - - - brings the Believers out of the shadows with "grip like" talons that latch on - - - and insist I'm a Believer in denial. I am not.

Even using the word Consciousness is a risk - - and makes some Believers get all frothy at the mouth insisting its just another word for "God" - - and again I am really a True Believer in denial. Again - I am not.

I think it is something that occurred/occurs naturally through multitude of endless eternity.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Everything is a cycle, because that is the natural process of the consciousness that we call God.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

Everything is a cycle, because that is the natural process of the consciousness that we call God.

That is your belief.

I never said anything cycled.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

I think it is something that occurred/occurs naturally through multitude of endless eternity.

True, you never said "cycle" specifically, but that is the only logical pattern that would be eternal...

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

True, you never said "cycle" specifically, but that is the only logical pattern that would be eternal...

Why is "cycle" logical? There is also "linear".

What is a thought? Does it "cycle" or does it continue forward?

If you want to use the label "God" - - that is your choice.

If you want to think in "earth terminology" - - that is also your choice.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Why is "cycle" logical? There is also "linear".

"Cycle" means circular. A circle IS linear. It simply never ends.
edit on CMondaypm000034f34America/Chicago05 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join