It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Avatar upload: Step by step instructions with pictures (2012)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Casandra

It won't let me do it on my I pad because I do not have an adobe flash player which apple blocks out on these machines . If it was not so expensive I would use my iPad as a she pad then toss it

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Just bumping this thread so the new members can see it

I also wanted to add this link here: Avatar creations

There are a lot of avatars there to pick from. You can also request one, so be sure to stop by if you're not sure which avatar to use.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Another link worth checking out: The Unofficial Avatar Repository

Drop your avatar, pick a song, and wait one week.

Druid42's explanation of the concept:

Originally posted by Druid42

To be exclusive to ATS, members need to submit their avatars that they want included in the next video sequel. That said, post here with the avatar you want included. The first video will be posted 1 week from now, and will include all the avatars that members have dropped here.

Second up on the list, is when you post, pick the song that you think would best suit the ATS theme. I'll use it for the background music.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Casandra,
Thank you for posting this thread! I have an IPad as well and it was very hard to figure out how to upload my avatars.. Being successful (finally!!) in getting them uploaded..not once have I been able to get them sized right! So literally every avatar I've had on ATS, people have to look at the bottom left corner of my avatar when I'm posting lol. So my question is to you, or anyone, can someone PLEASEEE help me resize my new one so it fits in my avatar box properly?!? I'd really respect it if someone could help me!!

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Katharos62191

This should work

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by semperfortis

HOLY MOLY YOU ARE AMAZING!!! Many many thanks to you semperfortis!!!!
Thank you, thank you and thank you again!!

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Anytime

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Thank yoU! I hope!

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   
I have made a complete mess of things. The picture i used is too big and i attempted to re-size it but apparently that did not do anything.

Wow i can't even post an image properly. Any help would be much appreciated.
edit on 11-10-2012 by Runciter33 because: (no reason given)

ETA - I don't like how my overall profile is not at full length either, think that may have something to do with me messing around with the background option in the tools menu. I am hopeless with these types of things.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Runciter33

For an Avatar

For a Background Image

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Thank you semperfortis. It looks better, but for some reason even though i selected the background image, it is still coming up as an avatar.

ETA- I'll use it as is, good enough for now. Not sure i want stretched out one anyhow.

Thanks again.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 04:37 AM
link   
ok actually this is really annoying, i'd like to know how to make in a full background image, or an avatar somehow. I've been playing around trying to fix it, but to no avail. If anyone has some suggestions i'd love to hear them.

Thanks.

ETA - nevermind. Seem to have figured it out the avatar, background image doesn't work however.
edit on 12-10-2012 by Runciter33 because: (no reason given)

and another ETA - guess i should have read further down the thread, where semper explains about background images.

Thanks again for taking the time to size the picture, it is very much appreciated.

Peace. ~
edit on 12-10-2012 by Runciter33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   
thanks a bunch! I have been wrestling with this since forever!
now I have a pretty picture to look at

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   

This is what I got after I did the upload. How do I get the picture from here to a post?

Holy cow I did it!!! never mind! Thanks for all the great info!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

STAR AND FLAG FOR YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
edit on 27-10-2012 by ascension211 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Wanted to give you 1000 stars, but it won't even let me give you one, so I decided to find another way to this. I am also going to post this url in general chit chat, it was extremely helpful to me.

Much love,

Ascension211

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Semperfortis,
You helped me out last time, is there any way you could help me resize this one as well??
The last one was perfect!

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Try this one:

edit on 2-11-2012 by Casandra because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   
So, is picture uploading still not working for macs? Every time I try to upload, whether it's a 3 kb icon, or the various images I've wanted for avatar/background, I get the same error message. I'll post a screenshot of what it looks like below:
s13.postimage.org...

I've shaved the dimensions of all my images using online-image-editor.com, and the file formats are either jpg or png. So.... any ideas?
edit on 2-11-2012 by Son of Will because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Thank you so much Casandra!
That is perfect!!

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Son of Will

Make sure the file size is less than 500k.

Also if you are running any add ons to your browser, disable them one by one - as some will interfere or block the upload process.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join