It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

footage from Area51 hangar showing UFO and aliens ?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Ignoring the absurdity of this moronic video.....

What does the fact that there is an audience here that allows ignorant stuff like this to go on for pages and pages say about the community as a whole?

Folks, don't be upset that there are videos out there like this that make us all look like morons, instead be upset that the collective ignorance in our community has created the environment where ignorant things like this even grow legs....

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by NeoVain

Guess you ignored my last post, a watermarked hoax been pushed as real alien footage and you belive anything that guy has posted

edit on 7-3-2012 by aivlas because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Charizard
Well, though a bit of searching, I found two more uploads of this same clip on youtube.

Starred. Thanks for posting.

Would you mind explaining how you searched? Did you just use keywords or is there any tool (like Tineye in relation to still photos) which assists doing reverse searches for a video?

(I've found the earlier videos on Youtube and elsewhere myself using keywords in the light of your post, but wondered how you found them yourself).

Personally, I think the method used to find the older videos is probably more interesting than the background to this particular video... I've spent more time than is entirely justifiable tracing back videos like this one, so am always on the look-out for a new tool or technique that saves some time.

Edit to add: I've just found "Vechos" at the link below, which claims to be the "World's First Reverse Video Search Engine". I'll have a look at that later. Could be useful in the future.
Vechos : World's First Reverse Video Search Engine

Of course, not paying attention to videos on Youtube whose origins aren't even stated by the uploader would save even more time....

Incidentally, I addressed that last point in a thread a while ago:
Keeping your eye on the ball

Originally posted by IsaacKoi
Do others share my difficulty in keeping their eye on the ball, in terms of keeping focused on the most significant UFO evidence or working on things that may actually help ufology in the longer term?

It's just too tempting to get distracted and amuse outselves by looking into the lastest trivial hoax or Youtube video rather than doing the (frankly, often pretty tedious) work that could add something more meaningful to issues relating to UFO reports...

edit on 7-3-2012 by IsaacKoi because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by NeoVain
reply to post by Charizard

All of that said, I do not believe this is real in the sense that it is an actual alien craft in a hangar at Area 51 (or any other super secret facility).

Good post, thank you for the research, this is the kind of posts we need more of.

Just curious about the last part. Why not? Do you not believe in UFO:s or aliens generally, or if you do, does it not fit the description of how one would look, according to your own views?

Or is there something about the footage you deem unbelievable or poorly done, some kind of flaw revealing it as a hoax?

Just wondering.

You can rule out these people from YouTube that post 10-20 videos of "ufo's" as being an outlet for disclosure. If it were genuine, it means it would have been picked up somewhere else, as they comb the net looking for videos they can pass off to boost their view count.

If it were a legitimate video, there would be an accompanying story, or lack thereof.

For instance, if a YouTube channel popped up with just one download/video, even that would add more weight to it. But I suppose for widespread dissemination of something secret, the video would be sent to media outlets, if ignored, made available in downloadable format linked from either forums or social media.

You do realize people looked into this topic before youtube right? Youtube is not needed for the dissemination of information , it is a place for people to try and get views, hits and subscribers. It is less reliable than the MSM. Worse than...

Every person on their is either looking for popularity or payment, and there are no controls to stop them. It is not even an efficient means of disseminating information because anything relevant cannot be verified by the viewer, no one sources their work.

YouTube, is entertainment. That's it..

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

It is also a very good place to spread information at a low cost(free) and get worldwide coverage. The perfect place if you want to disclose something anonymously: create account, upload, post link on various forums with disposable, untraceable accounts.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Charizard

Thank you that post was very valuable.

I have successfully found 3 other instances of this video on youtube, although sadly, the original seems to be removed by the user: www.youtube.com...

Reference saying this was the original: www.youtube.com...

Uploaded by Redstagm the 16:th jan 2011
source: www.youtube.com...
orgnl: www.youtube.com...

This instance is heavily edited, with offset colors and a different soundtrack, however the upload date is interesting.

Also the source he mentions is interesting, as it was uploaded the day before on the 15:th of jan 2011 by ztech618, but seem to be the same clip as in the OP of this thread, although with the correct description.

Both these versions seem to have the original text attached which seem to be the one you quoted. This description is interesting as it basically fits like a glove around my earlier predictions on this clip, and certainly would be plausible. In the comments section of both these clips we can see further attempts at debunking it, none of them successful, most of them easily debunked themselves (like checking the behind the scenes disc of Battle L.A, which i admittedly have not done since i do not have access to it, but this was debunked by others in the comment section that did already. Feel free to verify this if you have access to this DVD.)

To summarise: the original clip may or may not have been longer and with more details, was uploaded to youtube by the user sometime before january 16:th 2011 but was removed for unknown reasons. The currently oldest version of the clip on youtube seem to be from the 15th of jan 2011(if anyone find an older instance, please add it to this thread). There are alot of debunking attempts at this clip, none of them successful so far. The clip is not CGI, but maybe some kind of human construct, which would be very expensive to do and it would make no sense to do it for the sole purpose of making this clip. If it is a human construct, it was most likely made for a different purpose. Conclusion: This footage is either real, or depicts a craft most likely made as a movie prop for some movie production, which has not yet been released. This movie was apparently in the making sometime before th 15:th of january 2011. Unless we can find out what movie/tv-series this might be, it is most likely real. Indeed, if the whole Bob Lazar story is actually real, and if some footage where ever to leak from S4, this is pretty much what it would look like, and the stated reason for the leak is pretty plausible as well, even if the penalty was death.

There is a slim chance it was constructed for some other purpose than a movie as well, but considering the obvious costs attached, it was at least something other than making this short poor quality clip, since if this "hoax clip" was the sole purpose, at least a higher quality camera would most probably be used, and there should be a higher quality, longer version available as well. Therefore, I would consider the chance of this being the reason to be less than it actually being real.

edit on 7-3-2012 by NeoVain because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by NeoVain
reply to post by boncho

It is also a very good place to spread information at a low cost(free) and get worldwide coverage. The perfect place if you want to disclose something anonymously: create account, upload, post link on various forums with disposable, untraceable accounts.

Yes I stated that in my reply. However, someone disclosing one video or a few on the same subject anonymously, is far different than some posting 10 videos of clouds titled "OMG UFO 2012 nwo/illuminati".

You remember how much attention Jerusalem hoax got? It doesn't take much to make them half what look credible.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by NeoVain

I think that was the first post I have ever starred you on.

Nice breakdown.

I believe below is what people are referring to from Battle LA, but it is the only available angle from the trailer, I don't have the bonus section of the DVD so I can't provide anything more than that.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by IsaacKoi

I used the service at vechos.com on the originally downloaded flv clip from the op, it was too big at 2.6 mb, so cropped it with emicsoft flv converter(free) to get it under 2 mb, tried again and vechos swallowed it. Got no interesting hits though, just some eminem music videos and some dr. dre... cropped it again at different points to get a different part of the movie, used vechos on it again, still no luck.. other music videos. Conclusion: vechos.com... sux.

reply to post by boncho

Good job boncho, for others, that pic is taken from this clip, at 2:08

The similarities are vague at best, three pods with similar colour, but in a different configuration and size. They also does not seem to be part of a alien craft, but rather inside a building in this movie. Still, a correlation might be present, like the moviemakers being influenced by this ship in IRL(maybe they know something we don´t), or maybe it is just a coincidence. Further footage from this movie could be interesting to analyze, although i doubt there is any correlation.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   

IsaacKoi

Starred. Thanks for posting.

Would you mind explaining how you searched? Did you just use keywords or is there any tool (like Tineye in relation to still photos) which assists doing reverse searches for a video?

Thank you. I didn't really do anything special, though. At first I just searched "glowing alien face" on youtube and then on Google images to see if I could find anything that looked like what we see in the video (I had suspected that it was from one of the various sci-fi TV series or movies that has come out over the past few years). When I didn't find anything there, I went to Google Video, since they provide videos from various sites, not just youtube, to see if I could find this clip uploaded on another site, perhaps with an explanation of the origin.

I did a search for "Area 51 captured UFO" and around the 4th page or so I spotted the clip, uploaded by a different user on Youtube located here. I took a peek at the tags he used for the video, and noticed he described it as a "triangular craft", so I did another search for "triangular UFO Groom Lake" (or something along those lines) and eventually came across one or two more uploads of the same clip.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   
The sounds in this video are not all live. Example: You can hear a exact panning jet sound.
This and some other things sounds too much like a movie fx sound library.
It's to clear and to much hifi. I think most of the sounds are overdubs.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Netshade

Indeed the sounds themselves MAY be for obfuscation purposes only, (or they might not), however i still think the actual footage is the most interesting i have ever seen of what might be an actual alien craft... yet.

I would love to know what movie this is taken from, or some other kind of credible debunk to take place here. Not likely to happen though, since this is placed in the hoax bin

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join