It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Newest Attack On Women By Politicians!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   
It seems to me that our government is on the attack. Their newest target being women. This is the newest bill being put forth by Glenn Grothman a Senator from Wisconsin. He is accusing single mothers of child abuse. What have these women such as me done. Well they have had children out of wed lock *gasp*! Yes according to him because I raise my children by myself I am a child abuser!

www.huffingtonpost.com...

SB507 would require the Child Abuse and Neglect Prevention Board to emphasize that non-marital parenthood is a contributing factor to child abuse and neglect.

Heres a great video of Grothman speaking for his Bill which shows hes a complete idiot.

Grothman about his bill

Some interesting tid bits from the video

"Birth control is easy to access and cheap"
"vast majority of children out of wedlock not accidents"
"government is pushing single mother life style"

Another interesting fact about Senator Grothman he was against Sex Education in schools because teachers would encourage students to be gay.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   

edit on 5-3-2012 by QUANTUMGR4V17Y because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   
He said 'contributing factor'. Being a single mother is also the number one indicator of poverty. You are taking the guy out of context and being a liberal alarmist. The Huffington Post makes me sick.

Settle down,Im sure you are a great mother. Most people have alot of trouble as a single parent esp[icially if they do not have extended family or friends that help out. It is only logical to assume that being a single parent is a contributing factor to neglect and abuse.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Speaking as someone who was raised in a single parent home ( a father) the abuse and neglect stopped the day we became a single parent family...also my father got NO support from the government or the wealthy side of the family.

some much for logic eh?

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   
I have a thread that I made in this section a while ago that said this would come
Time for me to bump that thread perhaps

Be on the lookout in THIS SECTION US Political Madness First Page!

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by theubermensch

Why do you think that he specifically wants to go after single parents as a contributing factor. There are many contributing factors that far out weigh this. This man has a questionable attitude towards women. If this is not obvious to other ppl than im at a loss.

Just a little back information here is another bill he co authored.

www.wiawh.org...

This bill repealed the ability for anyone who’s been discriminated on the job to plead their cases in circuit court.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by theubermensch
He said 'contributing factor'. Being a single mother is also the number one indicator of poverty. You are taking the guy out of context and being a liberal alarmist. The Huffington Post makes me sick.

Settle down,Im sure you are a great mother. Most people have alot of trouble as a single parent esp[icially if they do not have extended family or friends that help out. It is only logical to assume that being a single parent is a contributing factor to neglect and abuse.

So only one contributing factor, if this bill passes, goes to jail? There are many contributing factors to becoming a single parent. So, being a conservative, if you have a child and your hubby dies, should you go to jail?
Inquiring minds want to know.
Read the bill before calling names.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by jrkelly77

Why do you think that he specifically wants to go after single parents as a contributing factor. There are many contributing factors that far out weigh this. This man has a questionable attitude towards women. If this is not obvious to other ppl than im at a loss.

Just a little back information here is another bill he co authored.

www.wiawh.org...

This bill repealed the ability for anyone who’s been discriminated on the job to plead their cases in circuit court.

I think he has a problem with 'social walfare' more than a problem with women. If you paid for your own child and have not taken money from the State to help you raise your child then I would say he thinks you are swell.

Its about the welfare state.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaWhiz

So only one contributing factor, if this bill passes, goes to jail? There are many contributing factors to becoming a single parent. So, being a conservative, if you have a child and your hubby dies, should you go to jail?

China has a one child policy. I think Amerika needs to do something about its spending. How can the state afford to support single mothers when the country is bankrupt. Amerika is in the red. There is no money. Do you think you can borrow forever?

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Stop criminalizing the poor. Welfare costs a fraction of what other government programs cost.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaWhiz

China has a one child policy. I think Amerika needs to do something about its spending. How can the state afford to support single mothers when the country is bankrupt. Amerika is in the red. There is no money. Do you think you can borrow forever?

First this is about a bill that will throw a single parent in jail for being a single parent, not about parents having one child. BTW you support the pail baby method over welfare? Really?
There is money and a lot of it goes to pork projects designed to support corporate privatization, which limits jobs and removes small business leaving people with nothing but corporate jobs which are cut daily for their financial bottom lines. That idealism is leaving families homeless in the streets on an unprecedented scale. With no money for start ups and corporate Amerika having laws passed to stop true competition, your solution is to have families die in the streets for a tiny buck. Please, kill some of these new world order agenda pork spending like dirt farmers being paid not to plant while Monsanto takes away family farms and I would rethink what you said. But please don't start with this welfare is the road to hell garbage when we spend more money in this country disenfranchising our citizens for corporate t & a.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by jrkelly77
It seems to me that our government is on the attack. Their newest target being women. This is the newest bill being put forth by Glenn Grothman a Senator from Wisconsin. He is accusing single mothers of child abuse. What have these women such as me done. Well they have had children out of wed lock *gasp*! Yes according to him because I raise my children by myself I am a child abuser!

www.huffingtonpost.com...

SB507 would require the Child Abuse and Neglect Prevention Board to emphasize that non-marital parenthood is a contributing factor to child abuse and neglect.

Heres a great video of Grothman speaking for his Bill which shows hes a complete idiot.

Grothman about his bill

Some interesting tid bits from the video

"Birth control is easy to access and cheap"
"vast majority of children out of wedlock not accidents"
"government is pushing single mother life style"

Another interesting fact about Senator Grothman he was against Sex Education in schools because teachers would encourage students to be gay.

it is NOT the government...it is the republicans and the blue dog democrats (DINO's...democrats in name only)...and for the vast majority of americans, this isn't even an issue to be concerned about. let's face it, when the republicans are in power, the bottom 95% suffer. and the evidence???....congressional records on actual votes. but i know that takes a little bit of time to read, and why do that when you have FOX NEWS and right-wing radio.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by jrkelly77

edit on 5-3-2012 by aboutface because: Too much personal info

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   

This is so laughable i do not know where to begin. Is the guy really a politician? If so, i wonder if any of our American members voted for him? (if so, i bet they aren't feeling good about it now).

The problem is though that he seems to actually believe this drivel. Can you not try and have him declared insane or unfit for office?

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Its easy to have a knee-jerk reaction reaction to a statement like this,but the guy does(partialy) have a point:If you are a single mother raising a child all alone,without the help of any family and support network,it can be hellishly hard+stressful.I know,i lived it. I split from my first husband due to him turning out to be a raving alcoholic who refused to work.Growing up poor and being a school drop-out due to untreated clinical depression,my work options were limited to lowpaying jobs.So,in order for me to afford some one to look after my kid when i was at work,i had to take a second job to pay this woman,so that i could work in the first place..leaving me almost no time except some Saturday evenings+Sundays to realy spend quality time with my daughter.I never abused my child,and she was always well-fed, properly clothed,and supervised by a responsible and caring adult-but our relationship did suffer,we just are not close on the level my younger kids and i are-because they are my kids from my second husband husband,and in this marriage i was able to stay at home,and devote my time to them entirely.......I dont agree that being a single mother is a high-risk factor for physical abuse,as long as she stays single,or at least is EXTREMELY careful when selecting a boyfriend/husband -in fact,in my country,the worst abuse cases,where kids got killed even,always it turned out to be the mother's live-in boyfriend,or a husband,and most times,NOT the biological father of the kid.......The solution:i would say state-subsidised help centres,where low-paid,ran-ragged- from stress+overwork single moms+their kids can be helped in a variety of ways.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by aboutface

Aboutface, I do feel for you. But this is not what this bill is saying. The bill will put you in jail because it will state that you are a possible risk to your kids just because you are a single parent. Wost still is the fact that if charged, your own story here could be used against you to prove you are not a fit parent because your children were a target due to your divorce by your own admission.
Please read the bill and stop going for the sales pitch given in the video.
A very good example to note here is this:
Remember the Frivolous Lawsuits Bill they passed? I was for it. I then watched Hot Coffee and what got my attention was the guy towards the end who also voted for this bill. A dr. made a terrible mistake during an operation that almost killed him and left him disabled and he could not sue. He told the guy "Yeah, I voted for that bill but MY lawsuit isn't frivolous!"
Moral: We didn't read that bill before it became law, now we all suffer for it.
Please Aboutface, as a single parent, read the bill before it becomes law. I don't have children because I can't have them, but would die if someone told me the state could take them just because I had no husband.
edit on 5-3-2012 by DaWhiz because: syntax

edit on 5-3-2012 by DaWhiz because: wrong word

edit on 5-3-2012 by DaWhiz because: (no reason given)

edit on Mon Mar 5 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: changed quote to REPLY TO

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Do you think you can borrow forever?

In your own currency, with the power of the printing press?
Yes.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by DaWhiz

I do have mornings when one coffee will just not do it. I guess I did stall one the one point of sexual abuse risk. Will definitely have another listen.

Jailing someone for being a single parent? What planet are we on again?

new topics

top topics

join