It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senator Barry Goldwater UFO Files Now posted (Very Interesting-so far)

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Arizona Senator Barry Goldwater’s collection of 143 pages of UFO letters has now been posted. Goldwater, a USAF reserve General, who also sat as the Chairman of the Senate Intelligence Committee had a long standing interest in the UFO subject.

The collection of letters include many letters that talk about his attempt to get access to the “blue room” at Wright Patterson Air Force Base where he was told by his long time friend General Curtis Lemay that he couldn’t go in and Goldwater certainly couldn’t go in either. The collection also contains letters with UFO researchers such as Ron Regehr, Dr. Steven Greer, Dr. James McDonald, Lee Graham, and Don Berliner. There is also a key letter written to Goldwater by Marie Galbraith who directed the “best Available Evidence” report that was prepared for Laurance Rockefeller in 1996.

Source to story link: news.exopoliticsinstitute.org...
Link to the PDF library: www.theufochronicles.com...
Direct link to the website! (the PDF's here): www.presidentialufo.com...

I just started drilling down in. Fun stuff. Looking forward to other digging also. Lets see what was on his mind.

ENJOY!! (they promise more are to follow from his stuff and others.. very INTERESTING!

edit on 3/5/2012 by anon72 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by anon72

Thanks for posting this.

I tried to view some of the files, but they're really difficult to read since they are so blown up and you have to keep scrolling over and down. This is going to take a awhile. You'd think they'd have used a better method so you could view the entire page at once.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Afterthought

I agree. I am not to computer savy. Maybe someone will come along and aide us all out.

Very interesting though. He went after info Head On. No doubt about it.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by anon72

Just one problem....some of the fonts used in the letters were not invented at the time these were allegedly written.

EDIT: Ok so i lost the document with times new roman.....the other problem which i brought up later is the spacing of the lines, text and margins.

Typewriters do not print perfect lines over and over again for ever.
edit on 5-3-2012 by loves a conspiricy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by loves a conspiricy

Please demostrate. Don't just post a "hit" of your OPINION (at this time, unless otherwise proven).

I will wait. I am sure you went off to build up your info/arguement.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by loves a conspiricy
reply to post by anon72

Just one problem....some of the fonts used in the letters were not invented at the time these were allegedly written.

could you give us a example ?

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 08:25 AM
link   

I have no idea what you're talking about.
I just got through reading all the letters on the first page and the fonts seem legitimate for that time. What page are you noticing different/modern fonts?

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by anon72

Well, we all know the hammer on a typewriter never hits the same place, ie the lines are never perfectly straight because of this.

Also the letters will vary in density, as it depends how hard you hit the key. The harder you hit it, the darker the letter.

Lines and margins dont line up.

This is written/composed on a computer

The only available fonts were Courier, Helvetica, Univers, and Letter Gothic

The letters are not written on a typewriter, therefor they arent real. As computers, and printers were not invented for some time after the 60s

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Lines and margins don't line up? Can you please elaborate on this?

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Isn't the letter to Ms. Remaley done in Courier?
edit on 5-3-2012 by hebegbes because: spelling

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Can you not see??

On a computer the lines are straight 100% of the time. Like on here, the lines and margins remain equal at all times.

With typewriters, the paper was fed by a wheel not by pressing enter, and starting a new line.
You scrolled the hammer bit back to the beginning, and rolled the paper down for the next line.

Of course during the process the paper may twist slightly, moving the margins, and lines off a touch.
The next line would not be perfect as like on a computer.

The hammers with the letters on were not precision engineered, they had a certain amount of movement. You could mess up lots of the letters by putting in a new ink ribbon and catching a hammer. The hammers were about 3 inches long (from key to paper), they would bend if you hit the key hard. This would throw the letter out of alignment, so whenever you hit it....it wasnt quite on the line or in the margin.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Can you not see??

Get rid of the attitude, jerk.

The letter looks fine to me. I have worked with plenty of typewriters in my time. Some are better than others. The better models are going to be more exact. You think the government was working with less than stellar equipment? I don't think so.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by hebegbes

This one is courier i think, but not written on a typewriter as you would expect in 1967.

My main issues arent with the font, they are with the method in which they were written, on a computer.

I did see a Times New Roman font somewhere amongst the images, il have a look and post it

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   

oooh got a lively one here haha
Just saying as i posted a copy of a document written on a typewriter, and a copy of a document from this thread. The differences are fairly obvious....to me at least

I too have used many typewriters. Most of these letters arent from the government, they are from nobody's or other outside organizations.

Typewriters have tale tale signs.....clearly you dont see them or the lack of them

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   

I have to disagree with you. You admit that it's Courier, yet your post claims that the fonts weren't invented yet ... well, that's your first argument shot down. And I have seen plenty of documents prepared on actual old typewriters. Old enough myself to have used quite a few in the legal business, and I can tell you, when a Will or other legal document was prepared even on the old ones, they looked very good and professonal. The lines lined up fine. As Afterthought says, some are better than others.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Take a look at this memo typed in 1967.

Although it's typed on paper that has lines, you can easily see how clean it is and does follow evenly spaced lines.
webofdeception.com...

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   
I am done here.....good luck with this

Hope you all become very rich from discovering such irrefutable evidence for aliens

I see it for what it is.....so my input isnt welcome....as per usual lol

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   

I am done here.....

Wait! Going so soon?
You aren't even going to comment on the typed letter I offered as proof to debunk your typewriter expertise?

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Afterthought

Take a look at this memo typed in 1967.

Although it's typed on paper that has lines, you can easily see how clean it is and does follow evenly spaced lines.
webofdeception.com...

Ok last one then

This is written on a typewriter, you are right.
The lines arent evenly spaced. As you get into the document the lines become unaligned. Some text sits directly on the line, others just above or just below.

The document i posted is perfect....lines are all equal, margins are aligned. Not a bit of deviation. Which with your evidence, confirms what ive been saying. Done on a computer

Maybe i just have a better eye for this sort of thing

Anyways, i cant be on here all day so il leave you experts to it

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   

The document i posted is perfect....lines are all equal, margins are aligned. Not a bit of deviation.

How are you able to determine this when there are no lines on the paper and we aren't even able to see the outside edges of the paper?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join