It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is a One World Government Necessary?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   
One world government is dangerous for one BIG reason; it may be benevolent today. But without other governments to keep checks and balances, they could easily turn against the people on the whole. I don't mean checks and balances in the way of an America policing the world... although that is an option. I mean also that people would have nowhere else to go. World government would mean there would be no place on Earth not affected by it. Right now, at least those with the means to do so are able to leave countries that are tyrannical. Chinese immigrants coming to the US in shipping containers would be an example. They come here to get away from China. Once a one world government is in place, where would we "ship" ourselves? There is nowhere "better" because we're all stuck. We NEED different governments to give people options.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Is a One World Government necessary?

No.

Is OWG the natural progression of any civilization?

Yes!

When we decide to grow up, learn how to ensure personal liberties are protected and take responsibility for ourselves rather than needing a government to do it all for us, we will see a new step forward into a much more enlightened society.

A while ago I authored a thread that touched on this topic. Take a look. OWG...I'm Game

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
NWO regular way of doing things is to make you think that there is nothing wrong with their plans.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by babybunnies
NWO regular way of doing things is to make you think that there is nothing wrong with their plans.

NWO and One World Government is not the same thing.

NWO - - is the conspiracy Illuminati fueled paranoia version of a group of power elites.

One World Government - - is a natural progression reality.
edit on 8-3-2012 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by sheepslayer247
. . . . and take responsibility for ourselves rather than needing a government to do it all for us, we will see a new step forward into a much more enlightened society.

This doesn't even happen in small groups.

Any group I've been in - - from PTA to Women in Business to Spiritual Drum Circle - - - is dependent on its leadership.

The success of the group is always dependent on its leadership.

I have never been in any group that worked on equal participation. It just doesn't happen.

"Idealism" is a nice word. It just isn't reality.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Being able to take personal responsibly for ourselves, and working together as people through our government to provide all of our basic humans needs can coexist.

Once our basic human needs are not an issue we can use our resources to work towards bigger and better things.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by sheepslayer247
reply to post by Annee

Being able to take personal responsibly for ourselves, and working together as people through our government to provide all of our basic humans needs can coexist.

Once our basic human needs are not an issue we can use our resources to work towards bigger and better things.

Won't happen.

Responsible people will always take care of themselves and be leaders. People with the passion to lead - - will always feel the need to lead. And greed will always raise its head.

The rest will follow. Some will follow earnestly - - some will move like a sloth - - some will need a kick in the butt.

People are different.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Look at the governments around the world today.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join