It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should Omega males/females end their existence before they kill?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 07:41 AM
link   
I ask this today because after doing so much studying on this subject I simply see no happy ending if you're of this rank. It's terrifying to think that you have only a -5% chance of ever finding a mate out of all the billions on this planet. Many killers and school shooters were also of the Omega rank. No matter what these guys do they'll always be unloved nobodies society belittles. Once these Omega people realized this cold-hard-fact they were free of societies morals, basically they could kill without feeling anything now. Evolution unfairly screwed over these poor souls.

Do you think they have a right to kill? Life betrayed them so it's only natural to dispose of the enemy which just so happens to be human life.

(Btw: Alpha and Beta's probably won't comprehend the existence of Omega men/women. I'm sure to get typical posts like "it gets better" or "things change".........in truth this only proves you lack understanding of an omega existence. If you just so happen to be of such low rank IT DOESN'T GET BETTER! There is no god, no spirituality, no love to save Omega people. Quantum life simply turned it's back on them.)

Please don't post if it's going to be unscientific. Last thing I want to see is GOD will save them or the cheesy power of love will save the day.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Alyssa

Well, Alyssa...

To be fair, why don't you provide us with some links or additional information about what or who an Omega is?

I ask you for this, as you ask us not to judge or provide unsubstantiated replies. Show me what you would consider a good source on what/who an Omega is.

Peace
edit on 3/5/2012 by freakjive because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Why would they want to end their existence when there is so much entertainment to be had?

Most people can't identify them, or if they do, don't realize what it means. Not much anyone can do about it anyway.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Cheer up mate, things will get better

Sorry couldn't help myself, but seriously people that shoot up schools, shoot up schools, because there is something wrong with them. What you are insinuating is basically all serial killers psychopaths and "losers" etc are like this because they are "Omega"?

The only bad "omega" i know of is "omega shenron" from dragon ball gt lol!
Look some people don't do well socially, i believe they are called sociopaths?

Im not the most cherished and loved member of society don't do too good in social situations does this mean im an "omega male"? NO....simply no!

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by freakjive

Nothing wrong with being an omega, i am one and have had many relationships, an omega can "assume" an alpha role when needed, for instance when the need arises to get a specific mate(since women generally prefer alphas), an omega male are just as resourceful if not more than an alpha male, the difference being they have less need of upholding an ego, and are less reliant on other people to accomplish their task.

Edit: When it comes to women, i generally prefer Omega females as well, as i find alpha females(those bossy, successful and "beautiful" types) generally unattractive since i prefer shy, innocent and "cute" females and i doubt i am the only one with this preference. That said, i do not know if Omega males generally prefer Omega females over Alphas as well, although it seems even Omega females prefer Alpha males (which is sad, but probably a product of our sick society)

Omega male
The polar opposite of the Alpha Male. Omega Males can have friends and close acquaintances but prefer to accomplish things on their own without the help of a group. Omega Males generally don't belong to any cliques and have no desire to be the leader or most outstanding of said clique. Omega Males have relations with people from all groups and carry a resourcefulness and cunning (sometimes strength) to get a job done with their own skill. This being said, an omega male can have great pride without it manifesting as "ego." (There are always exceptions. An Alpha Male MUST absolutely be perceived by his peers as the toughest, most popular, and smartest. An Omega Male cares little for this recognition...but knows that he is all those things and more. Alpha males must have the support of his "boys." This can be the foundation for many shallow and superficial relationships. An Omega Male needs support from time to time, but has few true friends who know him intimately and generally shuns shallow acquaintences. Two sides of the same coin....both being very effective in accomplishing goals.

www.urbandictionary.com...
edit on 5-3-2012 by NeoVain because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-3-2012 by NeoVain because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Damn nvm. I always thought of myself as an alpha but may be an omega as per the definition. Wow.
edit on 5-3-2012 by Snoopy1978 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 08:05 AM
link   
I have no understanding of what you are posting. If it involves classification of people based upon psychological values I would have to state that psychology is an inexact science as such, and is perpetually evolving. Am I to understand that people like Ted Bundy, Jeffery Dahlmer etc are Omega types, or are they just individuals who could have used a good switching when they were growing up to instill some moral values? S& F for bringing this to my attention, as I will definitely put some study into it.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alyssa
I ask this today because after doing so much studying on this subject I simply see no happy ending if you're of this rank. It's terrifying to think that you have only a -5% chance of ever finding a mate out of all the billions on this planet. Many killers and school shooters were also of the Omega rank. No matter what these guys do they'll always be unloved nobodies society belittles. Once these Omega people realized this cold-hard-fact they were free of societies morals, basically they could kill without feeling anything now. Evolution unfairly screwed over these poor souls.

Do you think they have a right to kill? Life betrayed them so it's only natural to dispose of the enemy which just so happens to be human life.

I'm going to be "unscientific" here - everything isn't either God or science

Why would you assume, that because someone is "free" of morals, that means they're going to kill? Not everyone is violent without morals. Why would all other people be enemies?

Why would no one ever love them?

If they can kill without feeling anything (pychopath comes to mind), why would they even bother. Why would society even bother to belittle them

Why wouldn't they just live and let live?

After reading NeoVain's description, I see nothing wrong with Omega people. They even sound less argumentative, thus easier to get along with.

Many women would love this type of man.

I like Neo's description much better than the ideas that you've put forth
edit on 5-3-2012 by snowspirit because: re read Neo's description

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Snoopy1978

Yes, I must revisit this myself.

I may have just had my daily education.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alyssa
There is no god, no spirituality, no love to save Omega people. Quantum life simply turned it's back on them.)

Please don't post if it's going to be unscientific. Last thing I want to see is GOD will save them or the cheesy power of love will save the day.

They are omegas just because? There is no "just because" and that illustrates your ignorance in the matter. There are reasons people are the way they are, and that is a lot more scientific than what you give it.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Can't we just be humans yet?

Why must we constantly subscribe to being divided?

Look, everyone wants to be different. Why lump yourself in a group that is touted as being less succsessful in relationships?

The only reason I can gather is to get sympathy from others, I only feel sorry for myself...

All well, I have already added to two other "nice guy" threads. This is the third, though I like the "new" name you are using, don't have to pretend to be nice anymore!

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Consider this perspective of a population of 10 people.

(Alpha) 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 (Omega)

10 removes itself or is removed.

(Alpha) 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 (New Omega)

After enough time, the question will arise again and 9 offs itself or is offed.

(Alpha) 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 (New Omega)

This will continue until it's just 1 and 2. What next? A true Alpha recognizes that given the right circumstances, it could/would be the Omega.

This is why we are destroying the environment that sustains us, because we see a species or just a den of some species, and declare them "less worthy of that space/resource" and remove them. This mindset (no matter who is enacting it) always ends in self destruction for the group that thought it was strengthening itself.

Who says finding a mate is the reason to live and thus if no mate could be secured, no quality life could be sustained? In all your studies, did you consider whether the problem doesn't lie with the Omega, but with the environment that doesn't openly and easily recognize and support different ways of being? How many childless/partnerless people have been incredible contributors to the people and world around them? How many of those who find mates do little more than drain the efforts of others?

Recognition of even the smallest portion of the tapestry of our network of life is critical to avoid self destruction over the long term (even if in the short term it gives the *appearance* of being better). Kinda like pushing a vehicle too hard... it may get you there faster for a while, but it's liable to blow the whole thing up before you get where you want to go.

All of that said... there is no Alpha or Omega. They are one and the same just divided by an illusion of separation. What is the "Alpha" cell or organ in your body? What is the Omega? Certainly there are portions you feel you could operate without... and this is true, but the body will still be incomplete and unable to operate at full potential. The Alpha is the Omega and the Omega is the Alpha. Any attempt to eradicate a portion is simply self harm.

Namaste
edit on 2012/3/5 by ErgoTheConfusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by ErgoTheConfusion

A good illustration why eugenics couldn't work.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   

edit on 3/5/2012 by hhcore because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   
First this:

(Btw: Alpha and Beta's probably won't comprehend the existence of Omega men/women. I'm sure to get typical posts like "it gets better" or "things change".........in truth this only proves you lack understanding of an omega existence. If you just so happen to be of such low rank IT DOESN'T GET BETTER! There is no god, no spirituality, no love to save Omega people. Quantum life simply turned it's back on them.)

Then this:

Please don't post if it's going to be unscientific...

Classic...

Sure... off yourself. No more Omega genes in the gene pool.

/s

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Alyssa

so you're saying they can't get an upgrade?
[as per the transhumanist doctrine you're peddling]

frankly i think it's the alpha males that are the threat, and dangerous killers,
aren't they the ones starting conflicts all the time?

edit on 5-3-2012 by DerepentLEstranger because: added edit and comment

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Alyssa

The subject heading for this post made me think it was going to be about alien/human hybrids living among us. Turns out, way fewer starchildren, but still... doesn't really make sense.

From what I can gather, Omega-type personalities are, essentially, people who are completely disinterested in traditional/stereotypical Alpha/Beta behavior dynamics. Yeah?
Regarding relationships wouldn't the characteristics of Omega personalities make them compatible with other Omega personalities? (and I'm working under the assumption that just as there are Alpha/Beta men and women, there would also be Omega men and women)

Quite a few of the descriptions of Omega personality types that I came across described them as "Lowest of the low" or "the weakest". For the most part, all of the descriptions that included either of those statements were written couched in language that would suggest the author was an Alpha personality. Or at the very least a Beta wholly devoted to the Alpha/Beta paradigm. Which I think makes sense, because if Omega personalities weren't interested in fitting into either an Alpha or Beta personality, that would be incomprehensible just by being so incompatible with their mindset.
But, I also think the whole concept of Alpha/Beta/Omega over-simplifies human interaction by a pretty large margin.

As for any sort of notion that Omega personalities are somehow more likely to become killers, especially to link them to serial killers (I'm really unclear if you're suggesting that or not). Beyond all of the extenuating circumstances, like undiagnosed mental illness, that could cause someone to commit murder(s)... There's also the issue that a disproportionate number of serial/spree killers tend to be considered incredibly charming, and are textbook sociopaths. You could include cult leaders who have inspired their members to murder and/or commit suicide. These traits, particularly charm, seem to occur most frequently in Alpha types. Wouldn't it make more sense that a hyper-Alpha would be a higher risk of separating from humanity and becoming unfeeling killers?

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   
I wish you all the fortune of running into a true alpha male/female. You will either be captivated or you will recoil from the dynamo.

new topics

top topics

join