It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Its unusually hot for 5 in the morning.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Hi from Phoenix.

So if these earthquakes destroy California does that mean I'm going to have some ocean front property?

Should I buy some hurricane insurance?!?

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by stewiegriffin
Hi from Phoenix.

So if these earthquakes destroy California does that mean I'm going to have some ocean front property?

Should I buy some hurricane insurance?!?

Some say a comet will fall from the sky.
Followed by meteor showers and tidal waves.
Followed by fault lines that cannot sit still.
Followed by millions of dumbfounded dip*****.

Here in this hopeless f****** hole we call LA
The only way to fix it is to flush it all away.
Any f****** Time. Any f****** day.
Learn to swim, I'll see you down in Arizona bay.

Words to live by...

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by SwissMarked

have you noticed that when you check the temperature outside lately it doesn't seem to at all feel like what is being shown...
Yes, I have noticed when it felt warmer than the thermometer indicated it was. I chalked it up to a psychological thing.... with it being nearly 60 degrees in February, it felt like it was warmer than that because it is shirtsleeve weather in the winter.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   
That is because a phenomena like microwave phenomena is producing ,heating our bodies,lately,but the type of fields producing this are a little bit different,I guess.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

If you think global warming is going to put an orange tree in Pennsylvania, then you need to brush up on your information.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox

If you think global warming is going to put an orange tree in Pennsylvania, then you need to brush up on your information.

Since global warming is a bunch of BS, I'm not so sure that I need to do that much brushing.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy
It was 23 degrees this morning in Eastern PA.

Didn't feel all that warm to me. I'm all for global warming, too bad it is a scam. It would be nice to have an orange tree in the backyard. That, and a miniscule heating bill to pay.

Oh, the shorter drive to the beach would be nice too.
edit on 5-3-2012 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

There is nothing about a global warming caused by evaporations from fuel but there is a a real climatic change happening. You have to be blind to not see the anomalies happening in the weather.

It is about very quick and sudden changes in temperature and days from different seasons mixing up. Like you may have a warmup after a cold winter and you may have snow inbetween an already warmer spring with a sudden change in temperatures.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   

So you are publicly admitting that you don't care to understand a topic that you are claiming is bs?

So you just don't want to claim it is bs so you don't have to hurt your brain by taking in factual information?

Ignorance on this site knows no bounds.

"I don't believe in UFOs because I just don't want too"

see, that is easier then I thought.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Im in PA too, I have to agree the temps have to be off. When I was outside the other day my hands turned purple and the skin started to crack and bleed. Its never been that cold around here, and then a day later im outside in shorts and a t-shirt like its a spring day.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Imtor

Originally posted by butcherguy
It was 23 degrees this morning in Eastern PA.

Didn't feel all that warm to me. I'm all for global warming, too bad it is a scam. It would be nice to have an orange tree in the backyard. That, and a miniscule heating bill to pay.

Oh, the shorter drive to the beach would be nice too.

There is nothing about a global warming caused by evaporations from fuel but there is a a real climatic change happening. You have to be blind to not see the anomalies happening in the weather.

It is about very quick and sudden changes in temperature and days from different seasons mixing up. Like you may have a warmup after a cold winter and you may have snow inbetween an already warmer spring with a sudden change in temperatures.
Yes, climate changes. We have had Ice Ages and warming periods between them for a long time.

If you want to talk about anecdotal evidence, I remember in the 1990's we had a cold spell where the temps went as low as 29 below zero here in PA. Does that mean we had an Ice Age? Of course not.
Similarly, I have photos of my father and grandfather outdoors in December in the mid 1950's, wearing t-shirts. Did global warming take hold then? No, it didn't. The average temperature has changed very little lately, and it isn't nearly as warm as it has been during past warming periods.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by dreamfox1
Here in Los Angeles it feels like its 80 degrees.
edit on 4/5/2011 by dreamfox1 because: (typo)

Is there something wrong going on here because my neighbor is also outside in shorts and a tshirt complaining of the same thing. Feels like a mini heat wave. Area is 90006
edit on 4/5/2011 by dreamfox1 because: (no reason given)

Just about 40 miles or so from you, out in Temecula at 5 am it was about 45F; felt like about 45F. Now, at 9 am, it's 60F and feels like about 60F.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   
There have been hundred of quakes in the california area, maybe there is going to be a big quake in LA.

Maybe it is related the heat you feel with the big quake coming.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

So you are publicly admitting that you don't care to understand a topic that you are claiming is bs?

Not at all, you are just putting words in my mouth. I have taken in a lot of information over the years, how and why do you presume to know what studies I have undertaken in this field? I suppose that you are a meteorologist or a climatologist and no one has room for an opinion on this, a hotly debated subject that has had learned men posting falsified information to try to prove that global warming exists?

I don't know what kind of hair or stick (or whatever) has gotten crossways in a place it shouldn't be that you are so damned antagonistic with me, but I'm not a hater, so I don't really get it.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Ignorance on this site knows no bounds.

You are correct.
Some things are self-evident.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Brandon88

Im in PA too, I have to agree the temps have to be off. When I was outside the other day my hands turned purple and the skin started to crack and bleed. Its never been that cold around here, and then a day later im outside in shorts and a t-shirt like its a spring day.

It was the 25th that it was insanely cold here... I was installing lights for a buddy of mine and actually had to go inside for about 20 minutes after being outside for 3-5 minutes because I couldn't feel my hands at all anymore... when I checked my Weatherbug app it said it was like 34 and the "Real Feel" was 27 with the wind...

I generally shovel show in shorts and a tshirt and actually had layers on that day and have never been that cold even when I worked in a refrigerated warehouse and would go into the blast freezers... and like you said... felt like it was in the 60's all week leading up and the couple days after that...

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 08:03 AM
link   

You are talking about one year, while every year in the last maybe 12 years is warm for its time like now in early spring, there is still enough reserve of cold air to make the temperatures drop very low but overall it's getting warmer.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Imtor

You are talking about one year, while every year in the last maybe 12 years is warm for its time like now in early spring, there is still enough reserve of cold air to make the temperatures drop very low but overall it's getting warmer.
Actually, I am talking about millions of years. Millions of years with temperature swings that might take 10,000 years or so to complete a cycle.

So twelve years amounts to nearly nothing.

Worrywarts that suppose that our human existence is causing an effect on our climate....and even sillier, supposing that we could possibly reverse any trend in climate change!
We are but tiny specks on a planet. It would be truly arrogant to imagine that we humans could even come close to an engineering feat like that.

Check this out: All humans move to Texas.

It puts things into perspective. Every human on the planet Earth could move to the great State of Texas, have 1,000 square feet of their own private space.....and there would be room to spare!

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Since global warming is a bunch of BS, I'm not so sure that I need to do that much brushing.

YOu said it yourself, you don't need that much brushing. But your outdated answers prove otherwise anyways.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   

First off pictures of family in PA in shorts is a local weather phenomenon and has no bearing on global temperatures.

If you can't tell the difference between local weather events and global climate, then you don't know enough to participate in these debates or form an opinion.

Secondly, if you want to use the natural cycles excuse, then you need to answer one simple question:

What drives those natural cycles?

Third,

The everyone can fit into Texas debate was debunked 10 years ago.

Fitting and supporting are two different things. Everyone can fit into Texas, but Texas certainly can't support 6 billion people.

Its a silly point really. You need space for food, water, place to work, place to go to school.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   

If you can't tell the difference between local weather events and global climate, then you don't know enough to participate in these debates or form an opinion.
First, you need to read all of my posts in this thread. You presume a lot. If you REALLY think that I don't know the difference, then you are the one that doesn't seem to know something.

And when you become a mod, you will still find that your reason that you use will STILL not be enough to stop my participation.

First off pictures of family in PA in shorts
As for this, shorts were not mentioned..... And you totally did not comprehend my post. My point was that anecdotal evidence from one year to the next or even one decade to the next , MEANS nothing....globally or in a time frame that means anything in a climatic change model. If you didn't understand that, I can't help you any further with that. And you are going to presume to tell me that I have no business in the discussion?

What drives those natural cycles?

There is one source of energy for our good Earth (discounting the heat of the Earth's core, which is negligible in this discussion) and that is the SUN. Solar radiation output varies and the length of the cycles are yet to be determined completely. We know about 22 year cycles ( and you will tell me 11 years ). The other things that affects Earth mean temps are greenhouse gases and cloud cover.

Fitting and supporting are two different things. Everyone can fit into Texas, but Texas certainly can't support 6 billion people.
As for this, what goes on up there in your head??? You must be touched, to think that I am saying that Texas could support the Earth's population. My guess is that you are quite aware of what I meant and are being disingenuous. Why do I think that? Maybe because I was just making a point about the size of the EARTH and its human population. As in:

It puts things into perspective.
and:

We are but tiny specks on a planet.
Are you a troll...or just pretending?

edit on 6-3-2012 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join