It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massive Sunspot & Flare can trigger a massive Earthquake in the coming week.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Hey Guys,

I don't know if this topic was posted, but I did not find it anywhere. Recently sunspot 1429 produced a x1 class flare, the geomagnetic storm will arrive March 6 or 7. Last year, on March 11, 2011 Japan Experienced a big 9.0 mag Earthquake/ Tsunami. Causing deaths of thousands and as well as destroying towns. This sunspot is so massive, I have a strong feeling, it can have an impact on those tectonic plates once again, or somewhere else on Earth. Also, the X flare that has been thrown at Earth, might also cause distortion in the Earth magnetic fields. Sunspot 1429 will face Earth in 2 days, I am thinking it will unleash another x flare in few days, probably stronger than the x1. We will have to stay tuned to this one. Its a giant sunspot. Also, we are due for a big Earthquake somewhere, we at least get 2 big earthquakes every year around the magnitude of 8-9 at major populated areas. We have not yet experienced any strong Earthquakes lately, the last one was Japan March 11,2011. I hope nothing happens, but I feel this is the most likely scenario to occur in the next comings days. Stay tuned.

Recently I looked at the sun, SOHO images.

spaceweather.com...

Big sunspot AR1429, which emerged on March 2nd, is crackling with strong flares. The strongest so far, an X1-class eruption, occurred just this morning, March 5th at 0413 UT. NASA's Solar Dynamics Observatory recorded the extreme ultraviolet flash:

edit on 5-3-2012 by storm2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 07:29 AM
link   

edit on 5-3-2012 by storm2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Could you possibly show some evidence linking sun spots, solar flares, cme's etc... linked to earthquakes? or is it just a feeling you have? I'm not doubting, I just didn't think there was any evidence linking the two things together.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Yeah, I still fail to see how CMEs can trigger earth quakes.
2nd. Sorry, I hate writing that, but I have nothing else to say right now.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by NoNameBrand
Could you possibly show some evidence linking sun spots, solar flares, cme's etc... linked to earthquakes? or is it just a feeling you have? I'm not doubting, I just didn't think there was any evidence linking the two things together.

well a solar flare delivers a glancing blow to the Earths magnetic field. Also, I have similar taught as this link bigwobblenews.blogspot.com...

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Unusually warm here in my area 90006 zip code. Feels like its in the 80s and not 59f like being reported.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by NoNameBrand

there is some info on this thread about flares and earthquakes.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 08:04 AM
link   
The problem is not if will trigger a massive earthquake the problem is the group of sunspots around 1209,when facing Earth.

Could be or could not be,hard to say.A massive flare is very concerning for satellites and electric grid on Earth.

They don't know either.

But I think we will see next days.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Imagine a solar flare as a fan blowing. It doesn't brings air, but charged particles. These particles can penetrated the magnetosphere and hit the earth. The most of them are shielded by the magnetosphere, but many hit us directly. When they hit, they bring waves of particles electrically charged, very similar to the waves inside your microwave oven(sort of). These particles hit the ground and can heat the tectonic plaques. Even though the heating is not that high it can be enough to move these plaques slightly, causing so, an earthquake. Its hard to say it will or it will not happen, but its possible and plausible that sun flares may "cause earthquakes"

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Just FYI, the solar flares are basically the same as HAARP produces, it can cause unpredictable reactions...

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   
I did post about the flare last night but you have an interesting take on it. Here is the link to the thread with more info on the flare.

I am going to link your thread into mine so that people will see it and read it from there. It will be interesting to see if a major quake or a signifigant one takes place. I have always believed their could be a coincidence between the two.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by usmc0311
I did post about the flare last night but you have an interesting take on it. Here is the link to the thread with more info on the flare.

I am going to link your thread into mine so that people will see it and read it from there. It will be interesting to see if a major quake or a signifigant one takes place. I have always believed their could be a coincidence between the two.

Thanks man, but this sunspot is huge, I haven't tracked lately, bec sunspot activity was little bit down past few days, but suddenly picked up again. If the sunspot is still actively increasing, it will produce a x4 or x5 flare. I dont know if the sunspot is decaying or not, but if have any info on that, please let me know. Thanks, good look out.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by storm2012

It is quite large. I believe it is a bit older and may be decaying but we shall see. The sun has been quiet lately even with alot of sunspots. We'll just have to wait and see what transpires as this thing turns twoard us.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by thecrippler

HAARP can create auroras now??

Wow!

If you haven't worked it out yet, that is an absurd statement. It would be like saying the light in your living room is the same as the sun because it produces light.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   
sunspot is getting bigger , cant wait to see what it shoots out.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by storm2012

This is interesting.
S&F for you.
I am going to keep a close eye on this thread!

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 08:19 AM
link   
awww wow, this is a beauty, its growing , growing and growing. look at this beast sunspot AR1429

edit on 6-3-2012 by storm2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   
She's deffinitely becoming more active. This was just put out by spaceweather.com.

www.spaceweather.com...

CHANCE OF FLARES: Today, NOAA forecasters estimate a 75% chance of M-class solar flares and a 30% chance of an X-flare from big sunspot AR1429.The active region is slowly turning to face Earth, so if any such eruptions do occur, they are increasingly likely to be geoeffective. Solar flare alerts: text, phone.

AURORA WATCH: High-latitude sky watchers should be alert for auroras on March 6th and 7th. Sunspot AR1429 has hurled two CMEs into space since it emerged over the weekend. Neither cloud is heading directly toward Earth, but both could deliver glancing blows to our planet's magnetic field. NOAA forecasters say there is a 30% to 40% chance of polar geomagnetic storms during the next 24-48 hours.

Even before the CMEs arrive, auroras are already dancing around the Arctic Circle

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Guys x5 flare just happp, radio blackouts are deff possible, a huge geomagnetic storm on way, maybe even power outages. Stay tuned

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join