It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jewish Commandments To Commit Genocide On The Amelekites..

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by borntowatch

Originally posted by theubermensch

Nice half a story, the question is why did God want that alien inbred nation destroyed??

My theory is that God is Satan.

He isnt cool at all. And he has some kind of complex.

If the Philistines had of triumphed then we all might be worshipping Dagon right now. Dagon is cool.

and I bet that the person in in the picture in your post is really you

and I will flag this as well to high light your anti christian anti God agenda

Hey look you changed your avatar, why was that. Why did you go from a pretty girl to Hitler Mr theubermensch

and then your name meaning "Over man" yet here you are becoming a slave to a minor invalid deity and suggesting others follow. See I see you want to be the ubermensch to humanity in servility (slavery) to a minor god who history has relegated to insignificance.

I on the other hand choose Jesus so I can be servant to humanity, an underman if you will. In service to the GREAT and Wonderful God in a relationship with Him. Not slavery.
Go figure, hey!
edit on 5-3-2012 by borntowatch because: (no reason given)

I change my Avatar alot. The hot chick in my avatar was Kate Ellis,she is a hot politician that I would really like to have sex with. I changed it because I was in a thread where a guy told me to make him a sandwich. Seems that some people are thinking I am Kate Ellis
So the Cartman avatar should be better,nobody will think Im Eric Im hoping. I have a thread on Kate Ellis,she has been my avatar since I did the thread. I also do some Hitler related threads and Im interested in Hitler. My avatar before Kate Ellis was Donald Duck reading Mein Kampf.

grr

And I really hope your 'relationship' with god works out. Jesus loves you but not in that way if you know what I mean. But have fun servicing him hey.

Im sticking with Dagon.
edit on 6-3-2012 by theubermensch because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60
reply to post by borntowatch

The law MUST be satisfied.
What you are proposing is that whatever people wrote in a book, God must abide by, where by writing it, they have cast a spell over God, which He has no power to break free from.

Enjoy your minor deity's.
And you also.
edit on 5-3-2012 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth disappear, not even the smallest detail of God's law will disappear until its purpose is achieved.

Guess who said that???

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Nice half a story, the question is why did God want that alien inbred nation destroyed??

My theory is that God is Satan.

He isnt cool at all. And he has some kind of complex.

If the Philistines had of triumphed then we all might be worshipping Dagon right now. Dagon is cool.

and I bet that the person in in the picture in your post is really you

and I will flag this as well to high light your anti christian anti God agenda

Hey look you changed your avatar, why was that. Why did you go from a pretty girl to Hitler Mr theubermensch

and then your name meaning "Over man" yet here you are becoming a slave to a minor invalid deity and suggesting others follow. See I see you want to be the ubermensch to humanity in servility (slavery) to a minor god who history has relegated to insignificance.

I on the other hand choose Jesus so I can be servant to humanity, an underman if you will. In service to the GREAT and Wonderful God in a relationship with Him. Not slavery.
Go figure, hey!
edit on 5-3-2012 by borntowatch because: (no reason given)

I change my Avatar alot. The hot chick in my avatar was Kate Ellis,she is a hot politician that I would really like to have sex with. I changed it because I was in a thread where a guy told me to make him a sandwich. Seems that some people are thinking I am Kate Ellis
So the Cartman avatar should be better,nobody will think Im Eric Im hoping. I have a thread on Kate Ellis,she has been my avatar since I did the thread. I also do some Hitler related threads and Im interested in Hitler. My avatar before Kate Ellis was Donald Duck reading Mein Kampf.

grr

And I really hope your 'relationship' with god works out. Jesus loves you but not in that way if you know what I mean. But have fun servicing him hey.

Im sticking with Dagon.
edit on 6-3-2012 by theubermensch because: (no reason given)

Yeah I thought you were a little crazy speaking about accepting slavery from a Sumerian god. Now I know you want to have sex with a politician male or female pretty or not, confirms my opinion.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 12:48 AM
link   

You wouldnt have sex with Kate Elis???????????????

Thats the craziest thing Ive ever heard.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 02:19 AM
link   
reply to post by theubermensch

I should have contributed more though.

I read through the wikipedia article that you quoted from extensively in your OP. Then it struck me that we are currently in the Purim season, which celebrates the 'remembering' of Amalekites through the Haman story of Esther.

The article mentioned the opinions of Elliott Horowitz. He wrote a book called: Reckless Rites: Purim and the Legacy of Jewish Violence, Published by Princeton University Press and copyrighted, © 2006. The introduction can be read here: BETWEEN REPHIDIM AND JERUSALEM

The Purim celebration and the Book of Esther seem to be a decisive watershed between those people who consider Judaism to be greatest thing ever and those who consider it as something to be put behind us, as yet another relic from a less enlightened past.

The rabbis had a cautious inclination about this problematic commandment yet seemed to have a sustained attachment to it. They simultaneously suppress Amalek and let him grow. In their reading of the story of Purim—a story of Jewish peril and ultimate salvation from the hands of the wicked Haman who plots to kill them in the city of Shushan in Persia at the end of the first exile—the rabbis stress linking Haman (who is called an Agagite) to Amalek, thus making the command of genocide a part of Jewish ritual and liturgical life and arguably the centerpiece of the Purim celebration. For the rabbis, Purim gives Jews occasion to fulfill the commandment to destroy Amalek by publicly hearing the biblical words "remember to forget" Amalek, the perennial enemy of the Jews. The rabbis include the biblical passages about Amalek in the public Torah readings on Purim and thus Amalek and the genocidal command to destroy him remains deeply embedded in Jewish consciousness.

- - underlining mine- - from a review of Horowitz's book at The American Historical Review

And the timing of the annual AIPAC gathering in Washington DC during Purim season doesn't give me a good feeling, seeing as the main topic of discussion is "existential threat to Israel by Iran" and what the US "must do about it".

The possible cast for this year's Purim masquerade:

Iran=Haman and Amalek
Obama=King Ahasuerus
AIPAC=Queen Esther
Netanyahu=Mordecai receiving the king's seal to decree war in "self defense" with the full backing of the empire.

edit on 6-3-2012 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 06:42 AM
link   

I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth disappear, not even the smallest detail of God's law will disappear until its purpose is achieved.

Guess who said that???
Nobody.
It is an interpretation you have made from the Jesus sayings in the Gospels and have made into a slogan to support you view on the Old Testament being the Law that God must follow.
Jesus said his (meaning Jesus') words would not pass away. You took Jesus out and put in: The God of (or, The creation of . . .) the writers of the Old Testament.
edit on 6-3-2012 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 07:06 AM
link   

reply to post by Azadok

Noah was told to take two of all flesh , man is flesh , so two of all the races were taken aboard the ark.
This is just pure blatant racism, and I have no other way to describe it, or the ability to say that this is only my opinion. You leave no room for doubt about the nature of how you regard people, that you allow for some people to be considered humans, and all else are classified by you as being animals.

How is it racism , it is no different then God killing off the peoples of the land , like the Amelekites in to Israel for their interbreeding , God had a plan for Christ to come from a pure bloodline. If taking two of all flesh aka all the races is racist then you are calling God a racist , I just pointed put his truth

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 07:09 AM
link   
reply to post by pthena

The article mentioned the opinions of Elliott Horowitz. He wrote a book called: Reckless Rites: Purim and the Legacy of Jewish Violence
I've gotten through the first eleven paragraphs of Elliott Horowitz's introduction, and intend to read the rest once I get some coffee in me, but this is really a good explanation of how the term, Amelekite is used and I recommend everyone to force yourself to read it, so you are not ignorant, and not persuaded into evil by people who prey on the ignorant.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 07:12 AM
link   
reply to post by pthena

TextThe possible cast for this year's Purim masquerade: Iran=Haman and Amalek Obama=King Ahasuerus AIPAC=Queen Esther Netanyahu=Mordecai receiving the king's seal to decree war in "self defense" with the full backing of the empire.

That's funny stuff good observation .

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 07:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Azadok

I just pointed put his truth

Making naked assertions is not the same as "pointing out the truth".
If you want to "point out" what you believe, you should break down the relevant OT verses and show how they, word for work, support your theses.
The general impression I get from reading Genesis is that two of each species would have been more than fulfilled by the eight mentioned persons from Noah's family, and that all other living beings who 'drew breath' died.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 07:26 AM
link   

TextMaking naked assertions is not the same as "pointing out the truth".
reply to post by jmdewey60

You know I have seen many of your posts and you seem like an intelligent person. That being said if only eight souls made it on to the ark how do we have the genetic diversity we have today. The statement perfectly explains Gods plan Noah waserfect in his generations for Christ to come from and take two of all flesh aka all the races aligns with the diversity of people on earth today.

You do realize how foolish it sounds to anyone with a scientific mind of you try to explain man today with your account of the flood . It does not make sense scientifically so their fore it creates confusion and babble , this is Satans realm not Gods, God is not the author of confusion , Satan is.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Azadok

It seems odd to me that something so sensible
as you make your theory out to be
is only coming from a single person, yourself,
making everyone else in the world the agents of Satan,
since they do not support the same theory as you do.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   

And yeah,I figure it couldnt hurt to look at other Gods. Its interesting if nothing else.

There is a good reason that it doesn't hurt to look at the 'older' gods. No one in this day and age expects you to belong to any particular ideological sect of any 'old god' cult. No one inquires into whether you are orthodox Dagonite or heterodox Dagonite. The Grain Firsters won't burn you at the stake for being a Fish Firster.

Suppose for a moment, that I happen to be a Semenist, will I be forbidden to speak in public because I happen to believe that the dew precedes the grain? Not likely.

Before ever Moses learned the new cult name YHWH, Abraham already made treaties with Philistines. As was the custom, Abraham called on El as witness while the Philistine called Dagon to witness. It was understood that the same chief god was called by different names. Peoples and cultures that want to get along behave in that way. People wanting to be exclusive and separate, especially when some special holiness is involved, act and talk as if their particular god is "one and only". That way, not getting along with others becomes a virtue as far as they are concerned.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by pthena

Originally Moses would have had that same sort of spirit towards the gods, is in when he fled from Egypt and lived with Jethro and married his daughter, he ran across a god while tending the flocks, who was actually the Midianite god who Jethro was the priest of. Yahweh had to convince Moses that he was actually the same god that Abraham knew.
Once the Yahweh cult properly took hold, with the installation by David, of the presence of Yahweh on mount Zion, people (under direction from the Zion Mount Cult priests) lost this sort of concept and went about denying the existence of God outside their own temple construct.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   

reply to post by Azadok

It seems odd to me that something so sensible
as you make your theory out to be
is only coming from a single person, yourself,
making everyone else in the world the agents of Satan,
since they do not support the same theory as you do.

You do realize that the vast majority of the world will whore after Satan because of their lack of understanding Gods word . That being said if you get out your Strongs concordance and look up the Hebrew word for flesh it is talking of the flesh of a person more so than animals . To properly divide the word of God you have to go back to the original languages .

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Azadok

. . . Hebrew word for flesh . . .

Genesis 6:13
So God said to Noah, "I am going to put an end to all people, for the earth is filled with violence because of them. I am surely going to destroy both them and the earth.

Here the word for flesh in Hebrew is translated as people, in the NIV.
So what are we to conclude from this?

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   

reply to post by Azadok

So God said to Noah, "I am going to put an end to all people, for the earth is filled with violence because of them. I am surely going to destroy both them and the earth.

And God did not destroy the whole world because Noah was perfect in his generations so he repented from the idea of total destruction and destroyed all but two of all flesh except for certain animals . Don't know what to tell you , the verses are what they are and science backs my version . Again this is also why so many different cultures have their versions of the flood , because the story was passed down orally until the people's were scattered at the tower of Babbel . Then this story was spread to all the world with their new languages only to be written down and passed along orally in those languages.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   

The Phillistines also worshiped a bee.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   

reply to post by Azadok

Perhaps... "the word became people, and dwelt among us"?

Interesting concept if you think about it

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by pthena

pthena says:

This Yahweh character demands the utter destruction of all who read what you wrote. Then his wrath will be satisfied. Wonderful character there! And he's the default "one and only god" for all of Western and Mid-East society.

I like your idea of exploring other gods.

If anything the OP should be covered with dirt from the neck down, and stoned with jagged rocks from seaside. BUT my lord and savior Yeshua commands me to love this man and try to show him the error of his ways.

I find your selfishness and egocentrism equally deplorable...

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join