It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Time Line

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 04:29 AM
link   
Would like to thank ATS for been here. I have just been going through my ATS time line (posts/threads) and realized how ignorant I was before i came to this site.

I first found this site in 2004, but was only interested in UFO's and never visited anywhere else. I then decided to join in 2008, eventually posting in 2010. My first few posts were mostly about Muslims - I was part of the problem, i pointed blame directly to a person wanting a better life, instead of the people who make these policies, the policies that create racial tension etc. I was person who thought the media was gospel, i couldnt imagine my government been owned by a secret group of people, let alone the whole world.

I stood for nothing before i joined ATS, nothing other than my self, friends and family, but i started to understand that a man who stands for nothing will fall for anything.

Its not just ATS that changed my mentality, I also read a lot of books over the past 5 years that have helped my journey, books such as: The awakening Of Intelligence, They Came Before Columbus, Think and Grow Rich , Empire Of Illusion, Life of plants and many, many more great books that challenged my perception of reality.

Anyway im ranting, I just wanted to say that ATS has helped me decide who I want to be as a person. But this past year and half it seems that ATS's content has slipped, I dont know whether this is to do with a # in people who visit or a clamp down by the mods - But i and many have noticed a major shift in the direction this site is going.

When i started visiting, it was about UFO's, secret organizations, lost/hidden civilizations, suppressed tech, 9/11 and NWO to name a few - But ATS seems to have taken a major turn and seems to have taken a turn down the political path. All i ever see are political MSN threads, or religious threads that belong on a religious forums, not Above Top Secret. Anyway I'm not going to turn it into a bashing thread, I just wanted to say that i was going through my timeline, and I seen that I changed, with your help. But going through ATS's timeline, you seem to be changing for the worse.

I'll give you's a tip that may help - instead of the mods directing peoples newly formed threads to one which was created 3 years ago, let the new poster keep that thread up to generate some new discussion. Many are scared to post threads that exist already because they know a mod will clamp down on them. Me as a member, I'd rather start a new discussion about a conspiracy than visit a 2 year old thread. Theres only so many real conspiracies out there and I fell that they deserve constant discussion.

Does any one feel tha same as me? Has ATS helped you like it did me, and do you feel that its loosing its way a little bit?

Please dont flame me for my opinion.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 04:38 AM
link   
well said, i too was ignorant before i joined. i agree with you on posting topics if they have already been posted.

i really have nothing to add but one line of text jumped out at me in your post..

but i started to understand that a man who stands for nothing will fall for anything.

absolutely brilliant quote. if you dont mind im going to use that line as a last ditch effort to wake a few of my friends up

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 04:51 AM
link   

I just wanted to say that ATS has helped me decide who I want to be as a person.

I learned a great deal from this site, but it didn't have such a major influence on my inner voice.

When i started visiting, it was about UFO's, secret organizations, lost/hidden civilizations, suppressed tech, 9/11 and NWO to name a few

I think it's still on that same track, give or take the nonsense that comes & goes.

I'll give you's a tip that may help - instead of the mods directing peoples newly formed threads to one which was created 3 years ago, let the new poster keep that thread up to generate some new discussion.

I agree, but it seems to be at a moderator's discretion. A lost discussion or a repeating disgusting phenomenon (sodium fluoride) sometimes needs to be refreshed.

Has ATS helped you like it did me

I think it has from what you described, it has also taught me the level of immorality and demoralization that the human species has come to as time progressed. It's always been a learning experience for me.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 05:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by jazzguy

absolutely brilliant quote. if you dont mind im going to use that line as a last ditch effort to wake a few of my friends up

Thanks, i got it from a rapper called Lowkey - he has many lyrics worth quotes, youtube him.

Originally posted by JibbyJedi

Has ATS helped you like it did me

I think it has from what you described, it has also taught me the level of immorality and demoralization that the human species has come to as time progressed. It's always been a learning experience for me.

This is whats helped me too, before i joined i didnt really know whats been holding us back, or who - But ATS has taught me many things and thats why i started this thread, just as a thank you - But dont loose you ways!

Glad people agree

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   
I seem to be the opposite.

First found this site by accident when I found out a member had shot a Congresswoman, joined to help discussions on that and dreams. Totally full of wide eyed wonder and wanting to expand knowledge in my already vast reserves.

Just over a year later ATS has helped me become a lot more cynical of the fringe sites and I now don't read ATS to find out more about potential conspiracies but to laugh at those who still believe the ridiculous crap about secret governments, Zionism, MSM and such. Especially when I read some idiots posting stuff like "those who follow MSM as factual are sheeple" while dozens of ATS members bleat in support of that statement.

new topics

top topics

join