It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the relation between Truth and Fear....philosophically speaking.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by diamondsmith
reply to post by EvilSadamClone

In other words, "What's true for me must be true for others and if not must be made to be true".
This is true for ideologies and ideological society.

It's true for most people, except for those who've learned how to butt out of other people's lives and leave people alone and stop meddling.

For instance: how many liberals want to shut down and silence all conservatives everywhere through claims of racism and bigotry?

Just about all of them.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by diamondsmith

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   

All are guided by their choices, not necessarily an absolute but rather a conditional response. Labeling it truth is the mere agreement to accept the illusion. I can agree to a lie as well. It may then become my truth at my station, but it is indeed not a ttruth in its absolute form until the ego is in agreement with its choice.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Warpthal

You don't know, therefore no aliens. The guy has validity.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by EvilSadamClone

For instance: how many liberals want to shut down and silence all conservatives everywhere through claims of racism and bigotry?
These days not many as they start to live in fear by equalizing their powers,I think.

edit on 5-3-2012 by diamondsmith because: add

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   
fear will let you live or make you die...truth will tell you the difference

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx
fear will let you live or make you die...truth will tell you the difference
Sometimes fear as an instinct can save your life.Fear can have many meanings and many bases of discussion.

For example one may say:

Is true that I was in mortal danger, but fear of death saved me.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   
If I knowingly tell a lie I am being dishonest to hide or deceive. If I am knowingly hiding the truth to prevent discovery or to manipulate for advantage or gain, then I am lying. If I do that regular then I am a liar, a deceiver and a manipulator (and probably a thief). My character has a "bent" and my behavior reflects my inward self which is spiteful, avaristic and filled with resentment, greed and hate. Probably because I was raised to behave that way by like minded influences, or waaay back someone did that to me and rather than resolve it I became bitter and began to behave like that myself. Sorta payback for what "they have done to me".

People like that have no fear in the normal sense of the word. They have an unhealthy fear, a paranoia that replaces fear. A paranoia or "fear" of getting found out or caught. Not because they are doing something wrong, i.e., lying, manipulating and stealing, but because if they get caught they may face punishment. These people seemingly have no conscience that we can detect. More akin to a repressed consciousness about morality and treatment of others that is hidden from sight. Maybe because that appears "weak" or "sensitive" in their minds.

Oh, they spend a great deal of time convincing (lying) and pretending to be nice and mannered first. Then take you and walk away, on to the next; or after you recover, back for more. The scam or scheme is always proceeded by the falsehood first (which masquerades as the truth)

I don't think any is born that way, I think there is an end product that takes a long time to "cure" as it were or be "forged" in the crucible of other peoples wickedness.

Fear of telling a lie because it might hurt someone is entirely different. That person has a healthy "fear". Actually a concern or empathy that is part of a conscientious or sensitive character. Their behavior is entirely different. They mostly feel the pang of guilt for being dishonest or manipulating another for whatever gain. They may still do it but are bothered by it and that can grow and turn to a crisis of conscience that may make them apologize and make amends. Unlike the consummate liar, their "fear" is a fear that they have done "wrong" and may have hurt someone in the process. That isn't fear or worry, more like concern. Big difference.

Lying without knowing is not lying, it is being "mistaken". That can be forgiven.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   
I believe if you know the truth then there can be no fear.

I dont believe that fear is natural, but it is and because were experiencing it appears a natural quality inherent to man.

Fear comes from the enemy, the deciever the creator of enmity.

1 John 4:18

There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear, because fear involves torment. But he who fears has not been made perfect in love.

Ecclesiastes 8:12

When I applied mine heart to know wisdom, and to see the business that is done upon the earth: (for also there is that neither day nor night seeth sleep with his eyes

Then I beheld all the work of God, that a man cannot find out the work that is done under the sun: because though a man labour to seek it out, yet he shall not find it; yea farther; though a wise man think to know it, yet shall he not be able to find it.

For all this I considered in my heart even to declare all this, that the righteous, and the wise, and their works, are in the hand of God: no man knoweth either love or hatred by all that is before them.

All things come alike to all: there is one event to the righteous, and to the wicked; to the good and to the clean, and to the unclean; to him that sacrificeth, and to him that sacrificeth not: as is the good, so is the sinner; and he that sweareth, as he that feareth an oath.

This is an evil among all things that are done under the sun, that there is one event unto all: yea, also the heart of the sons of men is full of evil, and madness is in their heart while they live, and after that they go to the dead.

Interesting,

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Philosophy and Metaphysics: The most abused forum on ATS.

Why oh why did I actually think I would see a thread that was actually about Truth as it concerns philosophy?

Seriously, please take some time and read the classics.

After that, read some of the great German philosophers throughout the ages.

You will come to realize that you do not get it.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   
I lie to get the truth out, so those who do not fear can love.

I love to lie to those who tell the truth, so they start to fear themselves from telling too few lies.

Cheers.
edit on 5-3-2012 by FIFIGI because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   
all ur means is always for urself positive existence or ur free wills life, u reject the least sense of objective recognition which is the condition to b existing or alive

ur excuse are gods but guess what they are happy to judge u on ur own so they can let go their guilt for a while

fear cant be defined in concepts realms when it never occur in truth, in absolute freedom dimensions there are no fears at all by definition of freedom facts

fear is only of objective negative powers on freedom rights where conscious beings react to the fact of being obliged, many reasons or means could be behind the conscious identity but the fact remain only one, clear objective force humiliating free right to a thing dirt

so ur fear of truth, euhh sorry but u r not anything to gods to pretend ur infinite ability of being the answer to anything

anyway if a criminal fear being caught why does he enjoy repeating it each time more clearly

it is absurd how u actually enjoy deforming facts, fear is inerty result in all terms

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Fear is something you can over come by facing it and understanding it. The truth can lead to fear because lies can be so much sweater. However you must separate truth from fact. Truth, can be considered a point of view. For example, Christian and Muslim beliefs. Both sides see their belief as truth. Instead of letting fear dominate you, embrace it and, let it fuel you.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by willzilla

if u can overcome it by facing it it means it wasnt u that fear, it was smthg that u mean that is mixed to fear conditions, the only answer of fear is freedom constancy, no agression no threats at all,

i cant get how u live so much of up instead of existence while u r here, it says a lot about u being not only nonexistence but even against it
show some respect to the place where u r

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Be true with yourself and you have nothing to fear. It's hard because we have been conditioned (by nature and each other) to lie when its in our favor. If you are true and accept death as a fact, you have nothing to fear... you are truly free. Nothing can harm you because you see life as an advantage, while others see inevitable death as a disadvantage. You are a force of nature, a consciousness growing into our physical world.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by RSF77

so u r conditionned by nature while force of nature how that? and u stop fearing bc u accept to die oh very interesting, really to that extent? u become joy of profiting from days left waoo i dunno how u do that sweety but u r certainly a superdog, sorry it is just that u r not aware of the issue to existence value in truth

u cant b a force of what condition u, proof, nature kills u

u cant accept what doesnt recognize u, proof, u become inferior to things u see as existing and not u

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by absolutely

I think you completely misunderstood what I was saying. There was absolutely no disrespect there at all. I live in the very same world as you do. I am in no way implying that I have no fear.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by willzilla

i dont think that u live in this world as me, i dont see any muslims nor christians involved in fear issue not even existing conscious beings

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by absolutely

The Muslim/Christian issue was how I associated the perception of truth. Go back and re-read what I said.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Most people fear the truth.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join