It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

What is the relation between Truth and Fear....philosophically speaking.

page: 5
7
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Iamschist
reply to post by diamondsmith
 





Mankind has become very much what you say is a logical consequence and progressive fact. The peak may have been already been achieved.


I am listening.
As there is like no more road ahead and remained bogged down in theory of evolution by which scientific progress has its limits to human capacity development related to linear and not progressive as was exponential in the last 200 years by which has no dynamic.




posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by smithjustinb
The truth is all is one and consciousness is at the root of all energy. Fear is a way to propagate intelligent evolution.


Can't we just talk in layman's terms?

Sometimes I think people around here talk in complicated English because they have no clue what they're talking about, but don't want anyone to know.



posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Iamschist
The passing truths are that I am alone, I have power, I am mortal, there is no meaning beyond that I create? As in Irvin Yalom?


If you could defend these beliefs in full, I would appreciate it.



posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Iamschist
 



The passing truths are that I am alone, I have power, I am mortal
..I have feelings,I can give,I have love...so on,I think those should be immortal ,but we make them very mortal.



posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   


As there is like no more road ahead and remained bogged down in theory of evolution by which scientific progress has its limits to human capacity development related to linear and not progressive as was exponential in the last 200 years by which has no dynamic.
reply to post by diamondsmith
 


agreed, science is a dog chasing it's tail, a method by which the ego feeds itself believing there is progress. Each question answered leads to more questions in a never ending cycle. This is what I think I hear you saying.



posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Iamschist
 



Each question answered leads to more questions in a never ending cycle.
As we are limited by our physical limits.



posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Starchild23
 





If you could defend these beliefs in full, I would appreciate it.


They are not my beliefs, I was trying to answer a question, to clarify a thought, here is the link www.artsofpassage.com...



posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by diamondsmith
 





As we are limited by our physical limits.


we are limited by physical reality, is what I hear you saying, but I am confused. I also do not accept that tenet. It may be that I am not understanding at all. lol Let me rephrase, in and of ourselves I agree with what you said.
edit on 5-3-2012 by Iamschist because: (no reason given)



posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Iamschist
reply to post by diamondsmith
 





As we are limited by our physical limits.


we are limited by physical reality, is what I hear you saying, but I am confused. I also do not accept that tenet. It may be that I am not understanding at all. lol


We are limited by physical reality AND our physical bodies. These are both true.



posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Iamschist
 



we are limited by physical reality, is what I hear you saying, but I am confused.
Sorry, I mean physical limit of our capabilities as individuals, but also as s group of individuals.

For example, we're not on Mars.



posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by diamondsmith
 





Sorry, I mean physical limit of our capabilities as individuals, but also as s group of individuals. For example, we're not on Mars.


Relate this to


Sometimes the truth is next to us like ghost but we fear of him,as we cannot accept that can be a part of us.



posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Iamschist
reply to post by diamondsmith
 





Sorry, I mean physical limit of our capabilities as individuals, but also as s group of individuals. For example, we're not on Mars.


Relate this to


Sometimes the truth is next to us like ghost but we fear of him,as we cannot accept that can be a part of us.
I am glad that you understand,as once I said- At a certain distance from Earth.....



posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Starchild23

Originally posted by smithjustinb
The truth is all is one and consciousness is at the root of all energy. Fear is a way to propagate intelligent evolution.


Can't we just talk in layman's terms?

Sometimes I think people around here talk in complicated English because they have no clue what they're talking about, but don't want anyone to know.


Those are layman's terms. But I will re-word it especially for you.

The truth is, the universe is one thing and all separation within it is only apparent separation and not factual. Consciousness (The ability to say, "I am" or "this is") is at the root of all energy (the ability to do work... mc^2). Conscious energy is better termed intelligent energy, because consciousness that can do work does intelligent work. Intelligent work means learning. Fear keeps you alive so that you can grow. Love does too. Now I overcomplicated my original statement. You should have just gotten out a dictionary. Or went back to school.
edit on 5-3-2012 by smithjustinb because: (no reason given)



posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by diamondsmith
 





I am glad that you understand,as once I said- At a certain distance from Earth....


you are not referring to perspective?



posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Iamschist
reply to post by diamondsmith
 





I am glad that you understand,as once I said- At a certain distance from Earth....


you are not referring to perspective?
Yes to perspective but may be limited by fear and this leads to things like wars that sometimes result from that fear.



posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by diamondsmith
 





Yes to perspective but may be limited by fear and this leads to things like wars that sometimes result from that fear.


phew, got you. agreed. So if we are limited by our physicality, what is without limits in us or is the limitlessness outside us in the him you have referred to?



posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Iamschist
 
For example a war can start just because some individuals didn't speak the truth at one moment in time,because of fear.



posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   
memetic
false belief perpetuated by group think.

When you told the truth as a kid you got punished...however your parents didnt know any better,,,they were disappointed from their group think conditioning. So they watered down the word punishment and dressed it up as "consequence for your actions" Yet you were also being bombarded from the other side saying...if you tell a lie you will have to keep telling lies to cover up the previous lie.

Eddy Bernays powerful word games or majik



posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Iamschist
reply to post by diamondsmith
 





Yes to perspective but may be limited by fear and this leads to things like wars that sometimes result from that fear.


phew, got you. agreed. So if we are limited by our physicality, what is without limits in us or is the limitlessness outside us in the him you have referred to?
No, for that we have free will but the free will with in the respect of the law and laws,but laws these days are not very much respected as the times are very difficult because we made them so,as a result of the Fear.



posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by diamondsmith
 


I feel like I am asking the wrong questions. I have certain things going on that are telling me this discussion is important. That it has meaning beyond what it seems. Can you redirect it back to the heart of the matter?



new topics

top topics



 
7
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

log in

join