It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the relation between Truth and Fear....philosophically speaking.

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by arbiture
reply to post by diamondsmith

When demonstrable Truth, whatever that means, lets say as an example all the evidence points to something and that conflicts with someones prejudice or world view, it can be frightening, though I prefer to say unnerving.
RIGHT

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Noticed you missed my points (again), here they are (again) so you can respond to them in kind.

I can keep doing this, if needed?

Please, keep demonstraiting the behavior I pointed out. It just solidifies my position, with more evidence.

FOURTH TIME I HAVE POSTED, just sayin'

Originally posted by diamondsmith
Must be a relationship between truth and fear.

Only relationship is that they can all be experienced by a brain, as electro-chemical reactions.

Maybe the fear of telling the truth..sometimes.

Or fear of telling people what a god tells them

There are relative Truths, absolute Truths, personal Truths, Truths reported in other Truths and Truths reported to Lie.

Nay, there is but one truth. The truth.

Anything else is false, either something is true or it is not.

There are relative Lies, absolute Lies, personal Lies, Lies reported in other Lies and Lies reported to the Truth.

Again, only one lie. Anything that is not the truth, is a lie.

So,we have a triple relation,which can be combined.

Truth-Lie -Fear

I strongly disagree, truth/lie. Well those are concepts, fear is an electro-chemical response in a beings brain. Two entirely different things, and not really combineable. Other than hearing the truth may cause fear in some people...

Question is whether one can exclude the other and which one....

You're kidding right?

You are asking if one can either A) Tell the truth, or B) Lie, or C) be afraid. Since they all operate free from each other, then yeah you can exclude or even combine them with other emotions/concepts!

Living in fear telling for the truth.

Ahh, correlation does not equal causation. While telling the truth could cause a fear reprisal, fearing telling the truth does not mean fear = truth.

Same holds true (heh) for lies, since they be just the opposite of a truth.

Maybe there is a program where you can insert a Text to get a value of the truth in those words in percentage.

There is, it is called Google (for the most part.)

Of course, you have to do a little of your own work.

Or to analyze in time the true margin of a person's written words you can get an overall percentage of the Truth.

You mean like people who say they talked to a god, yet are too afraid to say what was said?

How about people too afraid to discuss a concept without using platitudes, and hocus pocus cryptic lingo.

EDIT (To add)
From another of the OPers threads, and quite relevant to this one as well:

Originally posted by adigregorio
Anyway, as for this topic.

You have yet to adress ANYONES points with valid sources/proof/evidence. Hell you don't have any evidence, other than platitudes and feelings. And, lastly, it is not you specifically that is my issue. It is the FACT that you can post one liners, in fact FILL a thread with them. But other folks, who might just post one one-liner get reprimanded. Furthermore, people whom are fed up with this threads behavior, get punished for "trolling" on a constant basis. When, if these threads would be snuffed for the foolishness they represent....anyway not my site, and this isn't the rant section.

edit on 3/7/2012 by adigregorio because: Obvious edit is obvious

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by arbiture

When demonstrable Truth, whatever that means, lets say as an example all the evidence points to something and that conflicts with someones prejudice or world view, it can be frightening, though I prefer to say unnerving.
RIGHT
Right Again.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   

There you have it readers!

A direct refusal to address REAL topics pertaining to the OPers assumptions.

This is on par for every other thread he/she participates in, long OPost that teases us with "content". Then the rest of the posts are one liners (against the rules, and even after being told our "honest person" who clicked "okay, I will not break rules" is caught lying again!)

My points are right up there, right above his one liner, and right under his one liner. Both of which add NOTHING to the topic of the thread, also another no-no you said you would not break when you signed up on this site.

(Just pointing these out because the OPer said they did not lie, and since honesty is topical....)

Anyway!

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by adigregorio

yea anyway oust, u cant keep forcing others to such direspect of their presence and claim having right to talk about truth or worse defend it

u obviously for everyone has no least connection with truth concept even, since u cant deal with smthg in front of ur eyes as else right, while u can type same negative words which confirm the fact

what is real cant repeat exactly same thing and never would give out negative ends of its own self alone free expression

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by anno141
....The few people seeing the sham for what it truly is are afraid to tell the truth because the herd mentality will label them a social pariah, and if they actually do tell the truth nobody believe them and their fears turn into reality..

Very true, it makes alot of stuff in all walks of life that could be good for social and spiritual growth become non-existant as its kept quiet for fear of ridicule..

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by adigregorio

Well maybe thats what he is talking about when he says about different degrees of truth...the way he talks cryptically and in riddles!!

edit on 7-3-2012 by DARREN1976 because: spelling...

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   

I did not "attack you" unless you and Diamond are the same, how did you know that Diamond was a she? She has never revealed this fact? No matter...

I think you've just hit the proverbial nail on the head there, kudos to you, joined within 2 months of diamondsmith, has a basic acct with no info on it and talks in riddles like diamondsmith and comes across like english is not his/her 1st language, oh and the point you picked up on as well about knowing D/S is of the female persuasion!!
I dont know...the lengths people will go to like setting up a bogus acct to star and flag themselves and provide themselves with false backup...

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Maybe there is a program where you can insert a Text to get a value of the truth in those words in percentage.

Or to analyze in time the true margin of a person's written words you can get an overall percentage of the Truth.

Truth in words.

What is the Truth reported to Fear with in the Lie?

"Look I Fear" - everyones' favorite excuse.

can a u make the same sound as oo?
can a c make the same sound as k?
do we actually hear a make a sound in the word fear?

"Look I Fear" could also be spelled: Lucifer.

Lose Cipher? A cipher is a key to unlocking a code, and encryption, a tool & aspect of cryptological things.

Lucifer, aka Look I Fear, minus the fear, add something like "I AM", perhaps "I'm" .... becomes....

LukI'm. Luki'm checks himself in the mirror prior to approaching the throne of truth.....

m'ikul ... mikul .... michael ... the same angel who defeated lucifer, or subdued his (michael's) own darkside.

just some thoughts. Sure, I could be wrong.

Good luck Diamondsmith. Hope you find what you are looking for.

edit on 7-3-2012 by ILikeStars because: unicorns & rainbows.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by DARREN1976

I did not "attack you" unless you and Diamond are the same, how did you know that Diamond was a she? She has never revealed this fact? No matter...

I think you've just hit the proverbial nail on the head there, kudos to you, joined within 2 months of diamondsmith, has a basic acct with no info on it and talks in riddles like diamondsmith and comes across like english is not his/her 1st language, oh and the point you picked up on as well about knowing D/S is of the female persuasion!!
I dont know...the lengths people will go to like setting up a bogus acct to star and flag themselves and provide themselves with false backup...

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by ottobot

Originally posted by DARREN1976

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by DARREN1976

Relax.

I was simply pointing out the same fault in your post that you were pointing out in Absolutely's.

Just as you pointed out the fault in my post that I'd pointed out in yours. See how that worked out?

In respects to the term "diamondsmith"... well, I've never even heard of a diamondsmith until you just mentioned it.

I (female) wear very little jewelry, that which I do wear is handcrafted. I have never actually set foot in a "normal" jewelry store or spoken to anyone who handles diamonds for a living.

So, I would never have associated that username with a male who follows the Jewish religion.

From your username, I would surmise your name is Darren and you were born in 1976. For all I know, though, your name could be DArla R. R. ENchirito and your favorite numbers are 19 and 76. From your avatar and signature, I could surmise you enjoy playing video games and prefer playing "dashing heroes" who sweep in to save the day.

Does it really matter?

Point being: Truth is all relative, is it not?
edit on 3/7/2012 by ottobot because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by ottobot

i see genders of evil life conditions, so since it is all of truth abuse and lies to me, then i dont mean it as a right for another to subjectively see the gender of its living words kind, especially if it is not mentionned of course or not corrected

but diamond style is a woman while i thought that ottobot is a young christian guy, now ok i see u differently through ur words that u said being a girl

i guess i see more women in words living one expression, when it sounds insisting on a subjective thought all the ways and keep repeating the same thought endlessly

while i see more men in words expressions, when it sounds all to physical matters kind of intelligence meaning objectivity being only that, physical proofs and sounding so proud back for it

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   
truth is never relative it is freedom right so including conscious and self existing that is always relative

truth is beyond objective absolute freedom superiority while the least fact relative to is only absolute

that is why also evil is surely the only fact of existence life and sources, the least fausse note detach all from truth
that is how we can guess that way being of truth way, have to kick out all wrong before starting real

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Personally, I think Diamondsmith is a woman. Just my opinion though. People need to lay off others though when someone doesn't post the way they would or word things the way they would. DS might be the most articulate person in the world when she talks, but not when she types. This might also be reason why she comes across as being someone for whom English is not their native language. Or maybe it really isn't. If she wanted people to know, she'd tell them.

This thread is like so many others she starts in that it asks questions. Personally I think this is a very good question; what is the relationship between truth and fear. Thsi isn't something I hear or read a lot about. I've participated in quite a few of DS's threads and one common theme in all of them is that this person is looking for a lot of answers. It can be frustrating sometimes because while they appear to be looking for answers, they also sometimes state this "this" or "that" is their absolute belief. As if they're looking for validation. Unsure of what they're sure of.

To answer the question though, this would all depend on what you consider the truth and what you fear. If you have this gut feeling that the truth about YOURSELF is something you will fear, then you're probably never going to get the answer until you realize that fear doesn't rule you. You rule it. YOU are the one in charge of what you fear or don't. And to be perfectly honest, I've never met anyone who is the type of person whom THEY should fear.

There is nothing or no one in this world who is so bad that you should fear the truth about them. If you believe that then you're letting your imagination get the best of you, and THAT'S something you should fear. And your imagination is not the truth. It's just that. Your imagination.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Relax.

I was simply pointing out the same fault in your post that you were pointing out in Absolutely's.

Just as you pointed out the fault in my post that I'd pointed out in yours. See how that worked out?

In respects to the term "diamondsmith"... well, I've never even heard of a diamondsmith until you just mentioned it.

I (female) wear very little jewelry, that which I do wear is handcrafted. I have never actually set foot in a "normal" jewelry store or spoken to anyone who handles diamonds for a living.

So, I would never have associated that username with a male who follows the Jewish religion.

From your username, I would surmise your name is Darren and you were born in 1976. For all I know, though, your name could be DArla R. R. ENchirito and your favorite numbers are 19 and 76. From your avatar and signature, I could surmise you enjoy playing video games and prefer playing "dashing heroes" who sweep in to save the day.

Does it really matter?

Point being: Truth is all relative, is it not?
edit on 3/7/2012 by ottobot because: (no reason given)

It's all relative, and linear baby!!! You surmised correct, my name is Darren and I was born in 1976, but I cannot stand computer games, got an overactive mind which gets bored very easily, so I cannot sit down comfortably and play a ps3 or similar for to long, you would of been closer to the mark if you had said that you gathered from my avatar that I liked history and mythology as my avatar is BEOWULF, the version from an animated film that is a few years old (I absolutely love norse and greek mythology!), anywayz... no harm done my friend... But I am going to make an assumption about you, please dont be offended if I fail miserably, here goes....female, wears hand crafted jewellery, never been in a main stream jewellers, possibly wiccan or new age? how did I do?
PEACE!!!

edit on 7-3-2012 by DARREN1976 because: spelling...

Oh, and just as an afterthought, a little fear is healthy, it can keep you alive and safe, and thats the truth!!

edit on 7-3-2012 by DARREN1976 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   

You know what's funny? I totally thought "BEOWULF" first thing, but then noticed your avatar was cartoon-like and so went for the video game slant.

female, wears hand crafted jewellery, never been in a main stream jewellers, possibly wiccan or new age? how did I do?

Nope, I don't follow any religion. My belief system is variable. I AM very earth-oriented and have memories of past lives of being a Druid, Native American, Pioneer, and Farmer. So you got the gist of it - I am Earthy.

I was raised in a "Fundamental Christian" church, where much of the belief system was centered around making women as unappealing and submissive as possible. I was never allowed to wear makeup or jewelry or even PANTS out of the house until I got to an age where I could do so without getting caught. I never really got into being "made-up", though, only did it to be defiant. I just don't think it's important. The only reason I wear any jewelry is if it has some significance to me. Generally, handmade jewelry is highly customized and, therefore, significant in some way.

So there you are.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 04:06 AM
link   

I AM very earth-oriented and have memories of past lives of being a Druid, Native American, Pioneer, and Farmer. So you got the gist of it - I am Earthy.

Now thats interesting!! I've always wanted to have past life regression done to me, curious as to what it might drag up, but well documented for now is the fact that I actually have Native American blood in these veins, I'm from the UK, but my ancestors hail right back through "Chief Rain In The Face" of the Sioux and he was at Custar's Last Stand and quite possibly was the one responsible for killing him as well, but he always denied it of course after he was captured and agreed to be put on a reservation, do a "google it", thats my claim to fame, something to be kinda proud of n m book, what do you think? And how would I go about being "regressed"? your thoughts would be much appreciated as you seem quite knowledge-able.
(sorry for hijacking your thread slightly DIAMONDSMITH, I know this was slightly off-topic...

PEACE!!

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   

This thread gives some good pointers: Past Lives

I have never been hypotized. They are just memories I have. I started a thread to explain it to you: Skills Learned in Past Lives.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Fear is the teacher of truth.

Truth is all is one is consciousness. There is an objective consciousness and a subjective consciousness. Light is consciousness's only objective form and love is light.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join