It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama makes case against striking Iran now

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 03:07 AM
link   

www.google.com

President Barack Obama says he doesn't want war but insists he would attack Iran if that was the only option left to stop that nation from getting a nuclear weapon.

"Loose talk of war" only plays into Iran's hands, Obama said Sunday. On Monday, he will try to persuade Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu to slow quickening pressure among many in his hawkish government to attack Iran's disputed nuclear development sites. Obama is trying to avert an Israeli strike that could come this spring.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 03:07 AM
link   
So, Obama is trying to persuade Netanyahu and israel that attacking Iran is a very dangerous action to take and that t he US will not be dragged into another war. Finally, he has grown some balls

On the other hand, however, he has stated that he would indeed attack Iran if there was no other option.

www.google.com

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 03:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by daaskapital

www.google.com

Obama is trying to avert an Israeli strike that could come this spring.

I guess it's so easy to be the good guy these days

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 03:56 AM
link   
I wonder if we aren't just seeing Obama's efforts to control the timing, not so much the act or end result he's after. If the war started right now, the aftermath would be well underway around the time of the election. If he can make this happen a couple months prior to the election, then he's well within the period that previous nations have still been thrilled to see anything American.

Of course this is shortly followed by the onset of long term hatred of anything American...but Obama is just arrogant enough to think to himself that he'll be the lone exception and not get that blow back in Iran. Oh ye of little life experience and wisdom is my thinking. They'll never welcome us because they don't want US...

However, timing is what I think this is all about. I'm betting Israel doesn't wait. It's not politics to them, it's national survival from where they sit. Well, from where both sides are sitting actually. Iran and Israel. The U.S. really needs to just butt out of this all the way around and stay out until it's over, IMO.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 04:10 AM
link   
Imo this is just more propaganda. Obama and Netanyahu have a little talk, realise they are being too hasty so they ease off to make them not look like the aggressors. Instead they will wait for those ridiculous sanctions to fail (which they will) and then war will be justified. No leader in his right mind would comply to such sanctions that will cripple his country.

I think Iran should give in to the sanctions, then there will be NO excuse for attack. Yeah the country will be f#!$ed but they can work there way back up. I'd rather be poor for a while than be homeless.

But then again i have no idea how these sanctions work, how long they last etc.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 04:25 AM
link   
Oh Boy I see History been repeated yet again

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 05:06 AM
link   
He's getting desperate, people should watch out ...
Nothing has changed, only the pressure.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 05:14 AM
link   
He's on diddly-daddling because they know the people don't want another war. So he's gonna play it up like, "Ohhhh you know Bibi, we really don't want to attack. I stand by the people and the people don't want another war." Then we get a false flag, most likely multiple locations on our own soil again. This false flag is gonna be huge, most likely suitcase nukes tear apart a couple of American cities, blame it on Hezbollah by way of Iran and bam, the American sheep will be ready for more war.

Of course this is all just my own idea of how things will pan out but I'm willing to bet a trillion dollars worth of those lovely Federal Reserve bond notes complete with fake everything so you can never cash it in. Common, someone bet me! I'll even throw in an authentic 2012 storage case complete with an air filtration system.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 06:46 AM
link   
Everything I am seeing, as of this morning, is that he is saying we will not tolerate a nuclear Iran.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 08:01 AM
link   
I'm becoming convinced that we should give nuclear weapons to all Middle Eastern countries. Let them all fight it out, then we won't have to listen to their posturing and whining anymore.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Didn't Iran just come back to the negotiation table and say they would dismantle nuclear a short wile ago, the articles were on the breaking news category. Did Obama miss that. Is this an alternative timeline Obama then, and that didn't happen on his timeline?

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Actually Obama's balls have shrunk. The reason he said it is dangerous to attack Iran was simply because of Russia and China. China's and Russian's balls seem to be growing.

Id give them a big "F" you is what i would do. Their interest isnt over my interest. They want to go to war because we want kill a genocidal idiot? Then do it. We will kill your government right along with their government.

No one wins and sitting down taking it where the sun dont sign isnt making you any stronger. Obama is weak and does not deserve to be a leader of a national power. You dont get respect , power , and security by sitting on the side lines. You have to defend the interest of your nation , even if it means war.
edit on 5-3-2012 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   
We live in a world of War Mongers. Obama being perhaps the most pro-war, war mongering, fear propagandist President in a very long time. Mr Bush has NOTHING on this guy.

This war will happen, unless you as a people decide to overthrow your government in time, or convince the army to tell the POTUS to shove it. But I doubt that will happen.

All I can say is enjoy your empires destruction. The US will not survive another occupation.

~Tenth

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   
I'm no Obama supporter [Far from it] but,

There seems to be a "War Cheering" section here at ATS. So, Obama lays it out that an attack on Iran is not wanted and people still insist that this war is right around the corner. Let's all hope people hold Obama to his words here otherwise...

Cave Quid Optes

PEACE.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   
I love it whem Barry contradicts himself in the first paragraph.

We are not taking anything off the table in dealing with Irans nuclear program.

But this sabre rattling is bad.

Jebus this guy is rich.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

Yeah it seems BarryO is trying to get his job done before he is ejected from office for his BC debacle.
We better hurry up!

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Netanyahu will be telling Obama that he'll give him the courtesy of waiting until after the elections before they attack Iran. However, he'll also be telling him that as soon as Obama is safely back in the White House he better get his backside in gear - and fast.

Whatever happens, Israel can wait a while longer. A Romney White House guarantees Iran will be dealt with. Giving Obama some space while he fights the elections will mean he "owes them" for not messing up his re-election bid.

If Israel attacks BEFORE the election - and Obama is re-elected - he will not be very cooperative with Israel for the next 4 years.

Basically, Iran is safe until after November the 6th. They better spend that time wisely.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Look, the Republican candidates are saying they are saying something different but they aren't.

www.nationalreview.com...

“I will have those military options, I will take those crippling sanctions and put them in place, and I will speak out to the Iranian people about the peril of them becoming nuclear,” he said.

Excellent. All sides are saying they are willing to do something, but the reality is they aren't.

Nuclear Iran and the beginning of a new arms race is essentially on because of it.
edit on 2012/3/5 by Aeons because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   
I wonder what ol Ben Yahu told Obama behind close doors? I wonder if threats were made, I wouldn't doubt it if there was an exchange of words that persuaded Obama to make a decision.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Like I've been saying, Obama likes the current regime. If he didn't he would have done something in 09 to aid the Green Party.
But no. He wants Iran to have the Bomb.

He will do any and everything to inhibit Israel from taking action.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join