It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Search for Space Aliens a waste of time, God did not make them....

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 04:06 AM
link   
A bit of secrecy on the part of world governments, a bit of not being anywhere near big enough on the part of SETI and other dishes.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 04:27 AM
link   
reply to post by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep

We have searched for how long, and how wide, spend how much money on it, and yet, still nothing. Of course space is big, but how long will it take?

"Of course space is big"...

Understatement of the month.

It could be that space is just so vast, that we are unable to look everywhere. Or it could mean, that there is indeed no other intelligent life out there.

So either we are not perfect or there is no life except for us? I'd go for the first one, seeing as it has already been proven to me that humans are not perfect.

Now this could be perceived as being rather controversial. I have always believed that religion, and the believe in aliens should not be mixed. Many might disagree with this statement. However, some would say that what the people in the bible perceive to be angels and such, might indeed just be aliens.

I can imagine it to be controversial to dogmatic believers. To free minds however, it should not be controversial. In one way I guess a free mind is controversial...PS.Some might find it offensive that you use the term 'aliens'.

Now on whether or not it is a waste of money; Of course it is, we don't have a planetary population, we got racists and bigots, secret services, serial murderers and rapists...wars...famine...what makes anyone think we'd be the least bit attractive as a species, to other species?

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 04:49 AM
link   
maybe who knows..not finding them is a sign that there is intelligent life out there since for me..intelligent species would camouflage themselves in the cosmos trying not to get the attention of some evil stronger race...

anyway the possibilities of why we are not finding them are endless considering the vast diversity which makes up the universe..

but myself..i doubt more the Jesus story than life elsewhere in the universe since IMO those following Christ are doing nothing more than following the Sun itself...to me the Sun is Jesus

regarding the money spent on finding life in the universe I rather quit the money than quit searching...i rather eliminate the Currency from our society and keep on looking for more advanced species ...imagine..finding a race which is millions of years ahead of us..if this aint the holy grail i dont know

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 05:00 AM
link   
There are many reasons why we haven't found aliens yet far beyond 'they don't exist'.

The human race has only been capable of sending messages into space for less than a hundred years. Consider that for a few moments. In comparison to the ages of some other species in the universe this is not even a blink. Consider that aliens perhaps noticed us as soon as dropped our first H-bomb or when our first major signals were sent into space ... this means that aliens have known of our existance for less than 90 years.

If the aliens (assuming they cared) packed their bags *right* at that moment ... even the most advanced civilization coming from a distant place may not arrive for another hundred years and this is assuming they even want to visit. Not to mention outfits like SETI don't even know what they're looking for. If we invented radio communication in our first 100 years of being space-able ... imagine what aliens are using?

A fascinating aspect that was pointed out to me recently is that, since we're moving to digital, we're not broadcasting into space half as much as we first were. So chances are, niether are aliens. I don't understand why people throw their hands up in defeat at the alien question when realistically speaking we've been barely trying.

It is much more reasonable to assume that we have been barely visible (even to the most astute aliens) than intelligent other life doesn't exist. An alien civilization even just 500 years ahead of us would be amazingly advanced in comparison to now. Couple of hundred years ago most people would have said transmitting information over thin air was the work of the demon king from below, but here we are ...

As far as I'm concerned, we're such a low priority to other races right now ... They have other older, smarter species to visit ... why would they visit us?
edit on 5-3-2012 by Pinke because: Last bit

edit on 5-3-2012 by Pinke because: typo

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 05:30 AM
link   
And so, ATS divulged into yet ANOTHER silly argument about something completely unnecessary.

Deny ignorance, that is all. Carry on.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 06:08 AM
link   
Hi, im quite new to this site and only recently became truly interested in the ufo/alien topic.
I do however wonder why we (i include myself) always speak of "intelligent life", as if we are in fact not "intelligent"? We humans, barring our glaring faults, have acclompished many great things have we not?

What if there is "life" out there, i for one truly hope so, but that that 'life" is basically the same as it is here on good old planet earth? They look like us, eat what we eat, like what we like and, just like us, stare at space and wonder / discuss / argue whether or not there are other forms of "intelligent life " out there.

Why do we always assume that they can travel all these light years in advanced craft, have esp, do all these amazingly advanced things? Why is it not possible that they were created / evolved in the same way we were.
Maybe they are not even as advanced as us.

Food for thought
Maybe we are the "intelligent life"

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 07:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Dmvr79

post by Dmvr79
I do however wonder why we (i include myself) always speak of "intelligent life", as if we are in fact not "intelligent"?

I don't think we do , it is accepted that we are an intelligent life form (no matter our shortcomings) which is why we're looking for other intelligent life forms , we use the term to mean intelligent life outside of our planet

post by Dmvr79
Why is it not possible that they were created /evolved in the same way we were.

Its entirely possible that they evolved in a similar way to us , its also possible that they've existed for far longer than we have hence their technology would be much better than ours ..... try to imagine where we will be in just a thousand years from now , maybe some ET race's have existed for tens of thousands of years longer than us , what kind of magical technology would they posses .

edit on 5-3-2012 by gortex because: Edit to add

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Even some priests (like José Gabriel Funes) see the existence of extraterrestrial life compatible with what the Bible says.

Also, we do not know what god (if exists, obviously) did since the time the Bible was written, he may still be resting or maybe he created intelligent creatures in other worlds "for the sake of mankind".

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
I'm not into religion but I do not consider all that the Bible said to be false. I think some of the events could have happened and AATheory is the only logical explanations of what all this is, just in case the Bible's events are correct - those talking about beings coming from the sky. So many mysteries and things revolve around exactly those claims.

Some argue with me, the Great Flood didn't happen - exactly how would anyone know that? After the ice age and with Earth's natural processes that include sudden change or warming in the temperature, that's exactly what would happen when the World Ocean gets flooded with masses of ice which eventually melt down. Most of the water would eventually back off after the initial flood but would reach vast areas inside the continent before returning back to the ocean.
edit on 5-3-2012 by Imtor because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Of course it makes sense.
Life is a cold hard FACT.
If the conditions are right, life will happen.

God on the other hand is not a cold hard fact.
Theres the logic...

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   

A search for Aliens is a search away form a search for Tesla's science.
Which when deal with by agents can disappear like magic.
One way is to buy out the inventor because like Tesla no one will invest
in the project. The bought out invention will be hidden away unless a
similar device is brought out and infringement is sited and is hidden
as well. Aliens are not the source of UFOs, only Tesla is. That is why
the policy of the ruling .01% is no Tesla for you, just look for Aliens.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   

He has since been seated at the right hand of the Father (Luke 22:69), not ministering on alien worlds. The message of the heavens is that there is intelligence, found in our Creator God (Romans 1:20), not evolution.

I disagree, God is ministering on other worlds, to call them alien is to not understand the nature of God, they are not alien to him, for he created them, he also created worlds without number, and populated them with man. Christ himself ministers on these other worlds, along with angels, and no doubt prophets being commanded by God to write the scriptures, no doubt from a slightly different perspective, as the Savior Jesus Christ did not die on their planet, but ours.

If you can't comprehend the possibility that there are many earths, and many children of God scattered across the universe, you cannot begin to even pretend to comprehend the possibilities of the Supreme Being. I do not claim to comprehend his work, but a tiny piece of his work should be understood, to not fall into falsehoods and blasphemy. If you do not accept this simply accept the fact that Christ died for you, you are perhaps not ready to open your mind to the bigger picture.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwepEverybody who lived on this earth since Adam, were once bodyless spirits (invisible beings that look like you and me -we once lived another life in Heaven with the Father) . Even Jesus and Satan were without flesh bodies. The Father presented us with a plan to come down to earth and each get a body and afterward the body dies and we go back up to the Father again( but we wait in a spirit place for a long time for that acquiring a flesh body again , then ascend to Heaven to be with the Father again, just like Jesus Christ did. The Father and Jesus are two flesh and bone men. When we acquire our bodies back again we will be immortal ,just like Jesus and his Father. Jesus' human father in AD 34 was really his brother , just like your human father is your older brother. After the Father who fathered us all, presented that plan, Satan( who is a brother) revolted, taking with him a third of the trillions of spirits to the earth and was forbidden to have a flesh and blood body and he was turned into a demon along with his army of demons which now live right along side of us. The demons are immortal as can be deduced from the above information. They are trying to trick us humans ( spirit in a body) that when we see wonders now in the sky they are aliens getting ready to invade earth, Since Jesus Christ is about to return with his army of angles to take over the world's governments. The ufos and flying humanoids are tricks of the Devil who knows his end is near. They want the humans to fight Christ as he returns and when the christ lands on the earth, making the humans believe the Christ is an alien from outer space who will zap millions into dust in the Battle of Armageddon. So, ufos and aliens are living beings that really exist.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   
In the end, it doesn't matter as nobody on this planet has the knowledge to make statements such as this.

So I ask...why worry about it?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join