It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oceans Turning Acidic Faster than Past 300 Million Years!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Oh and this is surprising to you all.

Let's see we've sat by and allowed our corrupted leaders to use highly radioactive nuclear energy and now we have ruined the Pacific along with a garbage patch of mostly plastic throw away trash bigger than the size of Texas floating in the Pacific.

We've had free, abundant and clean energy for decades BUT those who have tried to bring it forward have been either killed, silenced by threats or bought off.

The BP Oil Gusher is still gushing but of course our corporate owned media isn't talking about that issue.

We allowed and yes WE THE PEOPLE OF THIS PLANET ALLOWED TPTB to spray CorExit on top of the Oil in the Gulf now ruining one of the biggest coral reefs in the world and the Atlantic.

We are still allowing by our mealy mouth traitor silence and compliance for TPTB to spray god knows what all over into our atmosphere every day (Chemtrails)

We allow 1% to own 90% while the rest of the 99% fight over the 10% of whatever is left over.

We allow our corrupt leaders to keep taxing us in return using our tax monies to kill babies in foreign lands, all the while we keep swallowing their lies upon lies upon lies not holding them accountable.

And wonder why our oceans are turning acidic..................they are turning acidic from the cancerous species that seems to destroy every single other life form on this planet and arrogantly allows it's corrupt leaders to continue their merry way when these corrupt, murderous bastards should all be caught and strung up.

“Only when the last tree has died and the last river
been poisoned and the last fish been caught
will we realize that we cannot eat money”

Cree Indian, 1909

Humanity will hopefully die out - and it will be through our greed, apathy and compliance to those others (not human) that we have relinquished our right to survive to.

May humanity rest in peace.

Mad - you betcha, I see it coming, I've been warning everyone and most people, even those that are suppose to be "looking for the truth" come back with sarcastic witty and ignorant remarks.

Well, we're at the point of no return, most of you just don't see the train is already here and the rest of you don't care.

Mother Earth is finally getting fed up with the fleas that keep biting her and sucking her blood and she will shake us off of her like the parasites we are when she has finally had enough........karma will win out.
edit on 5-3-2012 by ofhumandescent because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by PerfectPerception

Thats just scary. I remember reading a report a few years back (3-4 years ago) that basically said that
an increase of ocean temperate of only a few degrees would cause an eponential cascade of bad news
because of less surface ice to reflect the sun, the water would warm up even faster,causing the ice to melt even faster. Then the underwater methane
would be released an Bam...game over. Apparently it happens relatively quickly as well. This report was
based on ice core samples from the last ice age. Also, some kind of chemical imbalance occurs in the oceans
causing a majority of life to die. This dead sealife makes its way to the bottom of the sea in thick layers.
Over time, those thick layers will become crude oil,natural gas, and other by products. Whereas the dead
plant and animal life on land/swamps will become coal.

Well it seems we will be replacing our carbon footprint for the next highly evolved species of the future.
At least will be good for something millions of years from now. I imagine the fools in control will completely
irradiate everything long before then though. Think of 600 Fukishimas. Ship of fools.

S&F

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonegurkha

First they don't know what went on 300 million years ago. There's no way they could know how fast the oceans acidified 300 million or even a million years ago. Fossil evidence wouldn't show that. The fossil evidence may show that the oceans acidified but not how fast.

By examining the tests of microfossils, we CAN show how quickly the oceans acidified.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   
So between 250 and 251 million years ago what was the rate of acidification of the oceans..? Does anyone have the numbers that are 100% accurate.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   
This is another useful link.
Hopefully it may help to answer some questions.

The Geological Record of Ocean Acidification...

Here, we review the factors controlling ocean acidification, describe evidence for the occurrence of ocean acidification events in the past, and discuss the potential as well as weaknesses of the geological record in helping us predict future ecosystem changes.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Legion2024

There are no numbers from that time just logical theories, as is most of our past,
The speed and cause is debatable but the ph level and the effect on the ocean ecosystem are not
So take it or leave it it seems youve made your mind up that everything you read is propaganda so only time will tell

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

Sadly, I tend to agree with you - and also suspect Mother Earth is done scratching!

What is it with the 'global warmings' a hoax' brigade? Guess it's easier to deny it and smugly carrry on doing the same than square up to the enormity of the mess we've made.

Earth obviously goes through warming/cooling cycles naturally - but is it not possible than humankinds' endeavours are pushing it over the top - to a point of no return?

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Psychoparrot

www.abovetopsecret.com...

This might explain why there is a climate change going on, throughout the whole solar system...

Hardly man's doing.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by soficrow
reply to post by PerfectPerception

Whatever the cause, this is an important heads-up.

....If people do not wake up, inform themselves and start planning for themselves - we all will be herded like sheep while the Usual Suspects make all the decisions regarding our health and future. Seriously dumb to blow it off, imho.

F&S&

My sentiments exactly...The reasoning behind sharing this article was to inform others who might be interested in their findings.

My personal motto is 'rather be safe than sorry'...You just never know.

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
You know, I don't believe in man made global warming. I think it's climate change, natural cyles that have come and gone. However I do think we are participating in the destruction of our oceans and our ecosystem in general.

Just look at the Great Garbage patches in the Atlantic and Pacific oceans, that surely contributes to many of the problems we are seeing in our oceans.

Same with our nuclear waste, general trash and the multitude of other ways that we are destroying the environment on a yearly basis.

It makes no sense to discount this evidence as a factor in the overall changing of our climate and geographical landscape.

~Tenth

I agree with your points and observations completely,What's happening to this planet is not 'global warming' per say but I do believe in natural,reoccurring climate change...There has been proof that within our own solar system on the other planets of changes in their environment that proves something is definitely occurring.

Could we be speeding things up? playing a minor although important part in the process? in my personal opinion,Yes, we are not helping with all of the pollution,carbon signature increase over the last 100 or so years.

Thanks for your valued input,I starred your post

Originally posted by Submarines
Here we go again,

with the global warming crap.

Thank you for your significant and open-minded input on the subject.
I did not post this to argue over supposed global warming.

I believe something is happening to our planet...It does not mean humanity is the cause but that there something happening to begin with.If that is true, then it is something very important and we should take heed in the possibility of it's implications for our future.

Instead of ignoring the problems or denying whats going on around us pertaining to this planet.

Originally posted by leawyoming
Its funny how you can chalk it up to natural cycles and still not be worried ?
Even if this is a natural cycle the ocean becoming more acidic is nothing to laugh about
it can wreck havoc on are already poisoned ocean ecosystem
[Snip]

Thank you for taking the time to post,give your opinion on the matter and remaining reasonable & open-minded on the subject.

I couldn't of said it better myself.

Natural or Man made is Irrelevant...Something is taking place on Mother Earth and it has major implications for our future Eco-system staying in balance and the hopeful survival of our children,grand children and the human
race as a whole.

We have caused a lot of harm to this planet,to say other wise would be absolutely lying to ourselves and be foolish.
edit on 6-3-2012 by PerfectPerception because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join