It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Start a temp job with more hours later today!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 01:19 AM
link   
It's Monday and I'm happy. I have been a substitute janitor at my son's school (pre-12) and get called in to cover a shift maybe once a month or two. A lady just went on maternity leave as her kid is due on the 19th so I get her day job til she returns in 6 - 9 weeks.
It's mon-fri from 1pm to 5pm and I'm sure if someone on the night shift can't work, I'll do 1pm to 11.30 pm. That should happen at least once.

Selfish me hopes she'll decide to be a stay at home mom so I can keep that job.
Still, this will be a help for me and self esteem. Two others are talking about moving on and retiring so whenever that happens, I'll be in their spot and that's 8 to 16 hour days (depending if there is a school game or not) 5 to 6 nights a week. Feels good to have my foot in the door and working for a school.
I hear they pay better than min wage once a sub becomes permanent too. ^_^ I can only go up from here. My almost 2 years of trying to find work and being left out has ended.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 01:24 AM
link   
congrats! Keep up your sprits and hard work and they will pay off for you. Good Luck to you and yours.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by sarra1833

Congratulations!!! A Vegas Blackjack dealer once told me: "It can only get better!" Things are looking up! Don't be late for work!! (My downfall!)

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 02:38 AM
link   
Probably the best news posted in last 24 hours here. ATSer got a job !

Let's S&F you.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 03:10 AM
link   
Wonderful news! I'm so happy for you! Look how strong you are. Holding yourself together under those circumstances and right back onto the sunny side of the street now! Have a great day and more and more and more.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Thanks everyone! I'm sore and am so used to not having a job I have to remind myself in the evenings that I do go back the next day, haha.

Hopefully one of the two who are wanting to quit/retire will do so fast.
Either way my foot is definitely past being 'in the door' so I'm very thrilled.

new topics

top topics

join