It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Antique jade Chinese 'aliens'

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Hi everyone - I told my story in a previous thread on here, but I will reiterate, now that I have the pictures.

A colleague of mine is from China, and has a Master's in Geology. He used to work in archaeology with the Chinese government, mainly in Tibet, and developed a passion for collecting jade of antiquity. He is a member of a prestigious national Chinese jade collector's association, and routinely is asked to appraise pieces for antique stores, private buyers, etc. etc. Many of his pieces are traded amongst these members rather than bought and sold in auctions, etc, as they are obsessive and possessive collectors.

Long story short (I think it's in the other thread), I came to know about his hobby because of the work that I do, and he would bring prehistoric pieces to my house for my amusement, and for my clients. He pulled out a piece that he stated was an 'alien' (I took a few badly lit pictures with my iPad in the initial post) and after weeks of delay, we finally met again, and he brought over many of his other pieces. I did my best to photo them with a tape measure.

Now, HIS story is that 5000-10,000 years ago, some Chinese believe that 'god men' came from the sky and gave large amounts of technological information to humans. Their likenesses were captured in jade, mostly of these beings in a crouched 'seated' position, looking like they were wearing helmets with breathing apparatus. Their eyes were large, and they had odd proportions and strange ears. He says that they do not look anything like the hundreds of other human or animal pieces that he owns from this time period.

He noted the time period of the pieces in my pictures as 'Red Hill Culture Period' which is prehistoric, and said that the pieces were carved with grit/sand or animal hide. He's bringing over a book on this time period and I will take a better look at it. He will also email me some geological information.

All of the pieces linked here were found in Manchuria, close to the Mongolian border, Northeast China.Edit: He added in an email: It is called 'xiuyan jade' from Liaoning Province.

My disclaimer: I am actually not that interested in aliens or alien theories, per se. I have different metaphysical interests which is how I found this site. I found his pieces curious and interesting enough to start a thread as maybe someone else will also find this neat.

s1163.photobucket.com...

Cheers!
Cascadian
edit on 4-3-2012 by Cascadian because: link added

edit on 5-3-2012 by Cascadian because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Awaiting Pics

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   
wheres the pics???

LINK PLS!

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cascadian
All of the pieces linked here were found in Manchuria, close to the Mongolian border, Northeast China.

Cool post, but where the links? I'm curious about all ancient art, alien or not.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Urgh photobucket taking forever - they are coming...

OMG yes they look like the ones in the above link!!

edit on 4-3-2012 by Cascadian because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   
edit on 5-3-2012 by Cascadian because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Actually very cool figurines! Good photos too.

That very green bugeyed one seems the most curious to me, but maybe this was based on an ancient myth we know nothing of?

The breathing apparatus piece is interesting, to say the least. The protrusions from the head dont appear to be horns like the few dragon-like pieces. The 2 headed piece with long fingers reminds me of a totem, something tells me we might not know the actual origin or age of the totem.

thanks for the images, it does pique my curiosity

Oh and you're welcome to tell us the longer story and anything more you might know about these and their origin, or just link us to your other thread please

edit on 5-3-2012 by Aliquandro because: had to ask for more storyline

edit on 5-3-2012 by Aliquandro because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 01:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Cascadian

Hi Cascadian,

WOW! STAR |& FLAG! THANK YOU SO VERY VERY MUCH FOR POSTING THESE!

These figures are so very rare and obscure that we are so very very lucky/fortunate that you had the contacts/so very kindly posted these for EVERYONE to SEE! Rather than Ancient Bibles written in some obscure language that is open to interpretation and censorship YOUR figures speak to EVERYONE directly just as they did the day they were FIRST created!

Demons? or Space Gods? Take your pick. Both are equally valid and REAL!

Cheers again for the EXPERIENCE...FASCINATING!

edit on 5-3-2012 by neotech1neothink because: s+f

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Very cool pics!!

I uploaded some for those who had trouble with photobucket or can't view it.

^^^^ I really like this one

Amazing that he has these. What a collection for sure. I too tend to believe beings came and gave us a boost of knowledge.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 07:41 AM
link   
hmmm
after the stories of alien human sex
and the pictures of statues of Moses with similar horns on his head...

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones
hmmm
after the stories of alien human sex
and the pictures of statues of Moses with similar horns on his head...

The statue that features Moses with horns is a simple mistranslation, explained here....

The marble sculpture depicts Moses with horns on his head, was the normal medieval Western depiction of Moses, based on the description of Moses' face as "cornuta" ("horned") in the Latin Vulgate translation of Exodus. The Douay-Rheims Bible translates the Vulgate as, "And when Moses came down from the mount Sinai, he held the two tables of the testimony, and he knew not that his face was horned from the conversation of the Lord." This was, however, a mistranslation of the original Greek text, which reads in the Septuagint: "Moses knew not that the appearance of the skin of his face was glorified." The Hebrew Masoretic text also uses words equivalent to "radiant", suggesting an effect like a halo.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Very interesting pieces! Do you happen to know how far apart each of these pieces was found from one another? Were they all in the same community or from areas miles apart or all found together?

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   

edit on March 5th 2012 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Very interesting post, i love how historical pieces(meaning the statues) like these can pique our interest and expand the mind.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Just had a look at the jade figurines, and wow!

Several of my family & friends have jade necklaces (I lost mines), as well as jade figurines..But this is the first time that I've heard of, or seen jade aliens!

So thank you for sharig this info with is OP.

Interesting that you mention the story about the Chinese & the "God-men" (aliens?), coz I don't think I know many Chinese people that believe in suh a story.

However, I guess if we were to go deep in mainland China or the mountains of Tibet, I'm sure there would be people with interesting stories to tell..

S&F
edit on 5-3-2012 by SmoKeyHaZe because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   
crazy ART pieces...
2nd

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Very cool! I love Jade. The third one down kind of looks like that alien on the video that got shot in Columbia.
Some definitely look like stylised animals but the other's look ceremonial.What period are they from?
Sorry I missed that. They seem rather large to be wearing around your neck? Interesting though.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Cascadian

Some of them remind me of native American Totem. What are the archaeologists say on these?

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 04:09 AM
link   
Wow nice, that reminds me of the Dropa disks in the west of China (Sichuan Provence) quite near Tibet and maybe within the same time frame, plus you have the myths about small foreign beings in the area from the stars, which is depicted in those trinkets.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join