It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Am I Doing Here? (Finally Joined ATS!)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   
I think it is standard to begin this INTRODUCTION post with the phrase: "I've been lurking for a while." Though, lurking is putting it mildly. Am I the only one that stares at the New Topics fire-hose, salivating, waiting for the next juicy post to come in?

Well, after a couple of years of this ATS obsession, I've decided to join the conversation. So, hi guys!

I am already aware just from being a spectator that there are firm posting standards that keep this site running smoothly (and it does). I don't look forward to being CAPS LOCKED at by a long-term member or mod, so I will be on my best behavior and try to post any topics or replies appropriately.

I am interested in a wide-range of topics here, so I look forward to meeting lots of ya!

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   
HI, love your handle
. You been looking in our underwear drawers all this time, now guess what?
See you out there on the boards!

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Iamschist

Yes I have, and you have more thongs than any other ATS member. Congrats! I'm pretty thrilled with my handle too. I was getting ready to stress about what it would be, then it suddenly came to me as it sums up my feelings after reading any given thread lol.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Hi there and thanks for finally joining up to our fine community. Yep, your right, lots of lurking that then becomes an obsession seems to be an ongoing approach when it comes to ATS, but I digress..

Now that your a member we need to get you oriented into the right direction, and the below links will help immensely.

Welcome Hope4TheBest

For now you can reply to any thread in any forum you wish. Once you have achieved 20 post replies, you will be able to start your own threads in the appropriate areas & additionally send/receive messages to fellow ATS members. You are now able to send & receive (PM's) Private Messages to Staff only, (but after the 20 post minimum, you'll have full access).

To save a lot of searching and even possible future heartache & frustration, please review the below.

Some handy links to get you started in becoming an informed and valued member of ATS.

Terms & Conditions Of Use (Please read first)

Start Here - ATS Freshmans Forum

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

Rules for Avatars and Mini-Profile Background images

An Easy Way to Upload Your Avatar Graphics

Signature Guidelines

General ATS Discussion Etiquette.

We expect civility and decorum within all topics - Please Review This Link.

Be sure to try out our Ask ATS with the "search words"of your choice. I'm sure you will find many threads to pick from to add your thoughts and opinions too. We encourage everyone to please contribute to existing threads rather than start a new one. This will also help guarantee that your thread won't end up as a duplicate located elsewhere. The ATS Search feature is your friend!

AboveTopSecret is much like a theme park with many, many rides, so with that said...
Here's a few thoughts before getting onto any one of the 1000's of topical rides at Above Top Secret, also known as ATS, the world's largest Civil & Unique Discussion Community.

*** Please be sure to be at least this tall to get on any of the rides, (Johnny stretches his arm outward), and act like an 'civil' adult. This will save you a lot of future stress, frustration and possible action by one of your friendly neighborhood Mods!

*** Please remember that some members are very passionate and vocal depending on what ride your all on. You should be mentally fit, stable and have a strong stomach for theories, conjecture, research and evidence presented that may be contrary to your own.

*** Please be "open-minded" enough to understand that sometimes the ride isn't always what you might think or expect. Be aware you also might end up learning something new and 'out-of-the-box' before you get off the ride.

*** Please note that at times the ride gets overly-heated and "it's strongly suggested" to get off the ride to regroup one's thoughts before continuing. This will also help guarantee that the ride will move forward without getting derailed or explode into a fiery trashbin.

*** Please have fun! Be aware if you act in an uncivil-like manner, use profanity, intentionally spread a hoax and/or get verbally abusive, you will be removed off the ride by a Moderator. This is for your safety, & also for those both young and old on the ride with you.

So buckle up, keep your arms within the ride's comfort zone, have fun and "Deny Ignorance"...!

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hope4TheBest
Am I the only one that stares at the New Topics fire-hose, salivating, waiting for the next juicy post to come in?

No.

I think you will fit in well around here. Welcome.. the first beer is on me.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Hope4TheBest

You are not supposed to blab everything you know!

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by broahes

Originally posted by Hope4TheBest
Am I the only one that stares at the New Topics fire-hose, salivating, waiting for the next juicy post to come in?

No.

I think you will fit in well around here. Welcome.. the first beer is on me.

Hey, look! I already learned how to quote a post!

And thanks for the beer! I hope it was domestic.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Hello and welcome to ATS

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   
WELCOME TO THE MADHOUSE!

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
WELCOME TO THE MADHOUSE!

haha thrilled to be here!!

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by gdmfs2200

Hello, thank you for the nice welcome. So happy to finally be a part of the conversation here!

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   
I bid you a fond welcome.

ATS is more than a mere website, it is a watering hole, water cooler, local pub, dinner at your moms house, a class reunion, school, church, government orientation, college, baptism, chance encounter, a good night sleep, a sleepless night, a dream, a hope, a fantasy, a fine dining experience, a drive thru burger joint, an intervention and a rehab center for the cronically conspiracy inclined ------ ALL ROLLED INTO ONE.

Have fun, its a hoot!

Dorian Soran

The good doctor.
edit on 6-3-2012 by DorianSoran because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Hope4TheBest

Welcome to the wonderfull world of everything conspiracy,...did you know there is a forum called "Really Above Top Secret"?

The elite, puppetmasters, cabal or whatever you want to call "them" of this site want you to believe that everything below "Really Above Top Secret" is just a farce, a joke or a prank.

Fortunately most of us here know better....

PS, It isn't because I do not want to make things not too complicated but did you not know there is a department called Below Top Secret ? Cool stuff to find there too.
edit on 6/3/2012 by zatara because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by DorianSoran
I bid you a fond welcome.

ATS is more than a mere website, it is a watering hole, water cooler, local pub, dinner at your moms house, a class reunion, school, church, government orientation, college, baptism, chance encounter, a good night sleep, a sleepless night, a dream, a hope, a fantasy, a fine dining experience, a drive thru burger joint, an intervention and a rehab center for the cronically conspiracy inclined ------ ALL ROLLED INTO ONE.

Have fun, its a hoot!

Dorian Soran

The good doctor.
edit on 6-3-2012 by DorianSoran because: (no reason given)

Awesome introduction, thank you. It feels like you just listed the reasons I finally wanted to join in! See you on the boards!

new topics

top topics

join