It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A call for help about "prophet" Owuor

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   
I'm asking for help calling all ATS Christians or those that have any real information about this guy and his prophecies.

This is not your typical thread, I have a genuine interest in having this man exposed. I have a friend that is a minor radio personality who endorses him. I have repeatedly talked to him on the phone about this guy, how he predicted the Eiffel tower would fall, and then said it was Fukishima he was talking about. I also know about the war that was supposed to happen in 2010 but didn't. I also am aware of his connection with Odinga.

Some of you may immediately get defensive, claiming I am on a witch hunt, in which you would be partially correct. My intent is not to humiliate this man personally, but to open my friend's eyes. For those that know the word, you know that for a teacher, there is EXTREME accountability according to God's word. I don't want my friend leading others astray, or giving the Bride a black eye.

Some of you may say Owuor hurts nothing, that his main message repentance & holiness, is what the church needs. While I agree with that statement, I am not one that believes "the end justifies the means." Not on matters of accountability.

If you have any links of value, or have detailed info that you think may help me with my friend, I will DEEPLY appreciate any help you can offer. If you don't feel comfortable posting on this thread, feel free to u2u me. I'm just asking for help here, not for me, but a dear friend.

Thank you for your time.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by schadenfreude

I'd have do do some research on this so called "prophet", however you mean to tell me that the failed predictions aren't enough for your friend???

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by My.mind.is.mine

Thank you for replying.

I wish it were that easy, he used to be in heavy finance. When the bubble burst in '08 his world came crashing down. I believe Owuor's "prophecies" concerning the black horse gave him a measure of sanity. He truly never thought that he would see these events happen on this side of the veil.

His excuse for these failures is that "we see through a glass darkly", and while I believe in that statement, IMO, if you take on the mantle of "prophet" you must be right 100% of the time, period. (No substitutions, exceptions or refunds) I think, in his mind, to denounce this man is to denounce his own "security blanket" for lack of a better term.

I sent him a very detailed report about Owuor & Odinga last week, he just isn't listening. Maybe I need a heavier "hammer", all I know is that I'm only trying to help my friend here.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Tell your friend that you are also a prophet and make some random predictions (disneyworld will suffer an earthquake that destroys space mountain, etc). Make sure its a very close date, then when the day comes, say you were slightly off (pick any random news story and say you meant that)

If he rejects your claim, ask him why he doesn't believe you, but does believe this Owuor. If he says anything hinting because he knows you..remind him that Jesus was seen as nothing but a carpenter in his hometown.

Frankly, if he is following a "prophet' that failed even a single prediction, then he knowingly is following a false prophet..nothing will change his mind, because he lost his mind...pity the fool.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

I find your lack of tact very distasteful. Hopefully the next time you extend a hand in need it won't be slapped away in ridicule.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by schadenfreude
reply to post by SaturnFX

I find your lack of tact very distasteful. Hopefully the next time you extend a hand in need it won't be slapped away in ridicule.

Sorry, erm..you come on here saying you want to destroy your friends faith.
Lack of tact? no..I call it being simply direct.

Are you saying I am ridiculing you? I am not incidently...however, you are asking for ways to ridicule your friend.

His mind is lost..because if he is a man whom knows the bible, then he knows already this is not a prophet..yet he chooses to ignore the bible and put faith in this man instead...his intellect is clearly not at the front.

Now...for the key to this
Did your friend request help from you to snap him out of this delusion? No..he didn't. You are deciding, based on your "superior" outlook that you will do him this "favor" and destroy his faith personally...you even are seeking out advice on great ways to destroy your friends faith. Who are you to do this? Why can't this person decide to believe what he believes in?

I am an atheist...I see -all- religious people as equally delusional as your friend...I have yet to focus in and try to get a single person off the religious juice...I rally against religion often, but individually, people can believe whatever they want without even remotely offending me. I have family and friends very religious, and if it makes em happy, more power to em.
your friend is happy in his belief...why don't you accept that is what he wants?

You, sir, are the offensive one here by your desire and intent.

Point a finger at me, there are 3 others pointing back at you.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   
If he were a real "prophet'" then none of his so-called predictions would be wrong. Thats why I have a problem with anyone who calls themselves a prophet. I have yet to see any prophet, seer, fortune teller or gypsy predict anything that amounts to truth. I can tell you right now that next month there will be an earthquake in the world and I will guarantee that I will be 100 percent correct. Does that make me a prophet? No, I just understand that the world is continually changing.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikelkhall
If he were a real "prophet'" then none of his so-called predictions would be wrong. Thats why I have a problem with anyone who calls themselves a prophet. I have yet to see any prophet, seer, fortune teller or gypsy predict anything that amounts to truth. I can tell you right now that next month there will be an earthquake in the world and I will guarantee that I will be 100 percent correct. Does that make me a prophet? No, I just understand that the world is continually changing.

And how does any of this help? Or did you not see that word in the title?

Jesus wept.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   
cant you see how helpful this stuff is?

you asked for help, but you dont like what people are saying.

perhaps you need to step back. i think saturnFX made some awesome suggestions on how to make your point to your friend, without trying to dredge through this mans history for something bad to flaunt

maybe you should list the exact kind of "HELP" you want, so we can be more what u ask for.

or maybe we should all ignore your ingrateful *^*& and go back to real meaningful posts...

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by okamitengu

Just so we're clear, I don't consider it "help" by calling my friend a fool as saturn did.

This was meant as a genuine plea for help. not ppl acting like douchebags.

And no one forced YOU to stop by this thread or prevented you from clicking on other threads now did they?

strawman much?

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   
I'm very sorry that you did not like my post. I'm also sorry that I was not able to post something that you felt was helpful.

I posted my opinion based on your OP in the hopes that maybe you could use your own intelligence to come up with some possible ways in which to help your friend based on what I stated.

You have a problem with this prophet. I agreed with you and told you why I have problems with prophets also. If you don't like the answers that someone gives you that is fine just don't be sarcastic.

In the future maybe you should post that if you don't like the answers someone is giving you that you may bash them or flame them for trying to be helpful. Have a wonderful night.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   
ok, i see...

i dont think anyone is going to want to help you after the type of behaviour you display.

enjoy your weeping jesus,

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by schadenfreude

test and discern him. 1 john 4:1-3, 1 Corinthians 12:3. and he MUST profess it, not just acknowledge it. if he is a prophet, like several posters stated, he must be 100 percent right with intimate details, so there is no chance to be vague and discrepancies to occur.

if he's wrong about one prophecy, stay away from him. its simple, but harder said than done because many false prophets have a silver tongue.
edit on 5-3-2012 by DelayedChristmas because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   
This is interesting. It sort of irritates me when people post in CiR instead of Religion, Faith and Theology when there's no conspiracy involved. This usually happens when someone wants to pop in and bash religion or someone wants to use the forum to proselytize.

But... we are actively engaging in a conspiracy against your friend and this 'prophet', so it sorta fits. Strange.

Anyway, can you give us more info on your friend so we can offer an effective strategy? For example, is he also a Christian? If so, what denomination? Does he consider the Bible to be the literal Word of God? What prompted his interest in this guys prophecies?

Thanks,

Eric
edit on 6-3-2012 by EricD because: (no reason given)

top topics

join