It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Finally! - A REAL Lunar Anomaly?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Let's be nice to each other people, as most of you are accepting the image as being interesting. Notice that the pixelation is not affecting the white objects, they're keeping their "orb-like" shape while the area around them is starting to be affected by pixelation because they're becoming straight lines giving the false insinuation of "buildings". But we know better. Just concentrate on the shape and the pattern of the white objects. The V shape cannot be denied and pixelation or any other explanation doesn't fit the bill, yet.

edit on 4-3-2012 by The Shrike because: To correct reply.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by The Shrike

need to find another higher res image of this region.
surley more than one photo of this crater has been taken
very nice find though, I like it

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by LeLeu

need to find another higher res image of this region.
surley more than one photo of this crater has been taken
very nice find though, I like it

I don't think that a higher res image exists as there are no more photography missions, afaik, and even if there were it would be years before we'd be able to look at this area again. And maybe by then, whatever is forming the V shape might move on now that "they" know "they're" on Google Moon!

But then their absence might make this forum's members get all excited again. I'd love to be there if it ever happens in my coming-to-an-end lifetime!

edit on 4-3-2012 by The Shrike because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Jesus christ this site is ridiculous.

NO Im not an expert at all. Just makes more sense that its an inconsistency in the IMAGE rather than an actual anomaly ON the moon.

Christ anybody allowed to post their 2 cents anymore.

So much for the site motto.
edit on 5-3-2012 by xX aFTeRm4Th Xx because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by amongus

en.wikipedia.org...

I know its wikipedia but doesn't take a rocket scientist to realize there are thousands of craters on the moon. With no atmosphere its a cosmic shooting range. Have a look.

www.labgrab.com...

Why would there be anything else on the moon other than what was left up there from the few times we visited? Makes MUCH more sense that it is a crater. Im with greeneyedleo on this one and still nobody has answered her question:

Originally posted by greeneyedleo
Why is it not a crater?

Way hard to tell on these images when you zoom in that close with such poor quality. Unless there is a high res picture this is nothing.

So really amongus its you without a point
edit on 5-3-2012 by xX aFTeRm4Th Xx because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Nice find! Downloaded google earth and found the spot too, it's a strange one.

Copied a pic and tried looking at how it fits in with the surrounding area a bit in photoshop but haven't managed much, would like to see some people who're good at photoshop have a go at making things clearer.

edit : made another.

edit on 5-3-2012 by robhines because: added pic

+27 more 
posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Sigh, so eager...

To me, it is imaging artifact. If you had looked round the general area, there are plenty of these things, it just happens that the one in the V formation is following the shape of the brightness on the crater rim.

If you look you'll see that the irregularly lit craters have irregular orbs.. dots.. space ships... bases...

They're even smiling for the camera here!

And here they are on holiday at the Resort Lunar. It's a good time of the year I hear...

Now I'll expect all the die hard fans to jump up and down screaming "They look nothing alike!!!!!11" but to me, it's just a duck.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by mainidh
Sigh, so eager...

To me, it is imaging artifact. If you had looked round the general area, there are plenty of these things, it just happens that the one in the V formation is following the shape of the brightness on the crater rim.

If you look you'll see that the irregularly lit craters have irregular orbs.. dots.. space ships... bases...

They're even smiling for the camera here!

And here they are on holiday at the Resort Lunar. It's a good time of the year I hear...

Now I'll expect all the die hard fans to jump up and down screaming "They look nothing alike!!!!!11" but to me, it's just a duck.

You done good! I saw some of the images you posted and stayed away from straight lines as they are subject to pixelation. Notice that I put a question mark at the end of the thread title. The topic wasn't meant to be taken as the final word, it's a curiosity and perhaps it's the same for my images as it for yours. It's just a discussion to get away from the other boring threads that don't seem to be going anywhere.

edit on 5-3-2012 by The Shrike because: To correct reply.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 12:26 AM
link   

No I did note the way you worded your OP, I was more thinking of others in the thread who appear to take it personally..

It's a shame that with all of the technology we have it is often the very simplicity of the technology that can create confusion.

And I'm not a debunker at all, I hope we do experience something within our life time. I just find it hard to stay that way when the majority of people scurry around something like ants smelling a grain of sugar.

And I'd never seen this image before so it's good that you posted!!

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 06:10 AM
link   
Please don't use google moon for anomaly hunting. It never ends well.

If you absolutely must look for anomalies, please use the new LRO images, the lunar orbiter frames or the Apollo orbital images.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by xX aFTeRm4Th Xx
Jesus christ this site is ridiculous.

NO Im not an expert at all. Just makes more sense that its an inconsistency in the IMAGE rather than an actual anomaly ON the moon.

Christ anybody allowed to post their 2 cents anymore.

So much for the site motto.

Indeed! Remember... The closer to the target you get, the more flack you will experience.

IRM

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Google Moon artifacts highlighted. Japanese source

Google tools are full of anomalies due to the poor resolution they use + a pareidolia effect:

Almost each time there's an 'anomaly thread', Google is invested....

- Google Street View:

- Google Earth:

- Google Mars:

- Google Sky:

- Google Moon:

And so on.....

Google images tools is not anymore a reliable source to working on.

edit on 5-3-2012 by elevenaugust because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 07:38 AM
link   
I think you found absolutly nothing.

And this made me smile.

And it's not on a NASA photo, it's at Google Moon.

It clearly says NASA in the bottom of your pictures.
edit on 5-3-2012 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo
Why is it not a crater?

Some times words are not even necessary.
I guess this will just be another glitch in order to fit your crater quota!

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Here's a real view of the area, using the Clementine Basemap V2:

...and (what a surprise!) the "V" shaped artifact is not anymore visible.

Source: Map-a-planet from USGS using Clementine datas
edit on 5-3-2012 by elevenaugust because: putting "real" in bold....

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 08:01 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Wow guys.... Didn't we all join this website for the same reasons? To share ideas and thoughts about topics that are not discussed in mainstream media?

Why tear the OP down when all he is doing is showing us something that he finds interesting! Take the time to look through all the information he has presented before you make up your minds!

I think its interesting and not something I can easily ignore! So thank you for sharing OP, very weird...

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by elevenaugust

The V-shaped artifact already flew. Surprise!

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Here you guys go: that crater from the LROC:

Used the Lat and Log coordinates provided by the OP. Here's the source so you can zoom in and out:

target.lroc.asu.edu...

Much higher resolution than anything from Google Earth at 0.5 meters per pixel.
edit on 5-3-2012 by eriktheawful because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by minkmouse

I tried to scroll with a mouse but the balls kept getting in the way

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join