It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paranormal Activities - Need YOUR Input

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   
First off, I want to say I'm a skeptic first, believer second. If I can't explain (debunk) it, I'll consider it being paranormal. Right now, I'm 50/50 on what I'm about to write and ask you for your input.

My sister moved from home about six months ago. My sister and her friend decided to rent a place together because they both were going to the same school. The first two months came and went, nothing out of the normal. But as the third month rolled around, things started to happen. Here's a quick list of the recent things that's happened:

1) The first thing they noticed, was blood specs in their master bathroom. Like someone cut themselves shaving. It was up on the walls, mirror and in the sink. Neither one of them did it, there's no men living (or staying) there. (Happened once)

2) While at school, the girls (my sister and her friend) returned home to find that all of my sisters clothes were taken out from her closet and laid on her bed. (Happened once)

3) Radios, TV's and even the sound on her computer would be turned up without anyone messing with the dials. (Happens often)

4) Lastly, which happened tonight, they both heard what sounded like knocking on their windows. My mother has left home to go pick them up at 3am because they both are afraid to be there.

**Update**

Just spoke with my sister, here's a few more things:

She'd constantly hear people out in the living room at night while she and her friend are asleep (in the same room). On more then on occasion they would hear loud bangs upstairs - Upstairs is empty. She's seen a figure of a man appear close to her bedroom window on the inside, look out towards the sky at night.

She spoke to her neighbors who said that the people who usually live there only live there for three to four months. The people who own the apartment (small house really) lives half an hour away and are elderly. I guess there can be a natural explanation for all of this - like someone messing around with them. BUT there is an equivalent of a neighborhood watch going on as well as an alarm system in place.

I'm already about to draw my conclusion to this and plan on taking a trip out next week(ish) to see what I can experience. But before I do anything, I'd like fellow ATS'ers to have their say.

Protip: If you're here to be negative or leave idiotic replies one way or the other - Keep moving.
edit on 4-3-2012 by Auricom because: Updated post

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   
I would ask a few more questions before making a leap. Who has keys to the place? Do any of the girls sleep walk or do all of the strange things happen when no one is present in the home to their knowledge or while they are awake?

I have two brothers who used to sleepwalk and they didn't know about it for a while. If things routinely happen in one room or another, perhaps a video camera or security system camera could be set up to see what might be going on if other options have been ruled out. The video could be kept in the house if they are concerned about privacy.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   
I would say most of that could be explained by another person messing with them, except for the tv and radio volumes. I'm not sure if that can be tampered with remotely. However, I have experienced physical spiritual manifestation myself, so I know such things can happen. If it can be 100% ruled out that it is not another person harassing them, the next logical step would be spiritual.
If they want to find out, perhaps they can seek out such interaction to see if anything comes of it.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Around the time this started to happen did either of them buy anything at a yard sale or maybe an estate sale? Not sure how true it is but when I watch certain Paranormal shows they say that sometimes you can bring a spirit home within objects. I thought of this since you said it didn't start out but came about a couple months later after they moved in.

Good luck on whatever it is.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   
In my house we have a poltergeist that moves things around. Something will go missing, then turn up again; things show up in an unaccustomed place; cats will sit and watch something moving around that we can't see--that sort of stuff. Just minor, innocuous stuff. The cats don't even get freaked out.

But splatters of blood; clothes laid out--that's neither minor nor innocuous. I'd be out of there--deposit and first-and-last be damned! Even if it were somebody playing a trick--and who would that be? someone in the neighborhood?--at the very least I'd feel extremely violated. I definitely would be outta there as fast as I could possibly go. Let the next tenants investigate....

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Auricom

Maybe they should put up a video cam and check it to see whats going on while they are asleep or not there? If it is paranormal then they would know for sure,and if its someone just messing with them that will prove it.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Don't rule out the true paranormal. Check your local area for an investigating team. Normally they charge nothing and keep the results confidential to you and their group.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   
The volumes being turned up is something frequently reported by those experiencing paranormal things in their home. Same as the knocks on the windows. This could be done by a residual or intelligent haunting. However, the clothes being taken out of the closet makes me skeptical. This would more than likely have to be done by an intelligent haunting, which are far more rare. Even if this was a case of an intelligent haunting, it would be extremely unlikely that it would manifest enough energy to move one piece of clothing from the closet to the bed, let alone all of it.
A video camera is the best suggestion I have. I hope when you make the trip to your sisters, you get to experience something to get to the bottom of this.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by orionthehunter

The only people to own a set of keys are the owners who live 30 minutes away, my sister and her friend who lives there with her. It's in a quiet neighborhood. My sister isn't very keen on letting the computer record overnight through it's webcam because of what it may record. (I will however be out there next week sometime and do recording myself.) They have captured one of the aforementioned bangs on video.

reply to post by TheLieWeLive

Nope, everything is new. So I don't think it's something attached to anything they've purchased. However, the apartment/house is newly redone with a new interior. Maybe that has helped amplify what's already there?

reply to post by Ex_CT2

My sister says the same thing has happened to her, mostly jewelry or small objects. Back in the 80's, my mother had cats like yours that would react fearfully towards shadows.

reply to post by Nite_wing

Thanks for the tip, I've previously been a paranormal investigator myself. (Stopped in 2000 due to various reasons.) I've got plenty of gear, but not everything so I'll be looking online locally to see if I can get another person or two to go with me who may have more equipment.

reply to post by headorheart

That's what I at first had thought too, that this is a residual haunting. But the blood specs and clothes make me weary to claim it as such. I've tossed around the idea that this could be poltergeist activity. I'll hopefully have a first hand account of things come next week. Will share pictures, video and audio should I be lucky enough to capture anything.

Thank you all for your input, hope others will chime in as well.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   
I'm actually the Tech Manager of a paranormal group, and if I was in the area, I would love to help.
From what I read, I believe it has something to do with the home and not an object like someone suggested.
Video and audio surveillance is a good idea to see if someone is messing with them, or if this is the real deal.
I would also check out the history of the house to see if there was a murder or some other violent event that happened there.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Im very interested to see what you may find.Yeah,nothing about this sounds good.Thing is,if some one IS messing with them,why have previous occupants only stayed for short periods? Was the locks changed before they moved in? Cus a previous occupant may have had a spare key made,and gave it to a (very disturbed) friend..Other option,paranormal activity.Maybe the elderly couple that owns the place,can be reached for a possible discussion? Most likely they may have at least an idea,or have heard something-i mean,if i had a high turnover for occupants of a property i own-i would be wanting to find out why..Well,if i was your sister and her friend,id get the hell outa there anyway.If its a campaign to frighten them,by a human agent,it must have pretty much spoiled that place for them anyway,better to make a fresh start-and always have the locks changed when you move into a new place.As long as you pay for it,the owners have no reason to mind.If its paranormal-Its not good to live with paranormal activity of the type that keeps you in a state of fear-Fear always feeds this phenomenon,and often causes it to escalate.I can personaly attest to that.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Auricom

Before you go down the road of the paranormal, as a brother I would ensure that they are safe from a potential stalker. Some one has a copy of the keys to gain access into her flat.

- Find out what the law in your state on stalking.
- Get the locks changed, so that only your sister and flatmate has the keys.
- Start a detailed report of events - date, time, event.
- Install a camera and sensory motion alarm in the flat.

If you have any doubts on her safety, get her out of the flat. If others have left quickly it may have been because they where fearful of their physical safety.

Good luck on this one, not easy to deal with when your whanau are involved.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 05:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Auricom

Hi there
I honestly believe there is simply too much going on here to be paranormal, its almost a paranormal haven (too good to be true scenario) if you like. Someone is messing with these girls, maybe they try to scare everyone off?

As already mentioned, you need to get a (hidden) camera in there, and fast. I hope the girls are ok, this is a nasty situation that needs sorting out. Good luck to all.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   
I am eager to read what you find out during your stay! Are the girls still living in the house, or have they decided to stay with your mother for a while? Also, I may be wrong, but it seems like the activity has been centered more so around your sister...is this correct?

Like another said, I would be trying to find out some history surrounding this house. If the neighbors knew the last renters, perhaps they know where they are now and you can find out why they moved? You could talk to the actual home owners but if you do not want to ask them about anything paranormal, you might ask them if they can tell you why the last renters left so quickly. Any idea how old the house is?

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Sounds like a haunting of some kind. I would try to find out the history of the building and then go from there. Probably some good clues into what is happening if you look deeper into the places history. Just a hunch.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   
You said: "She's seen a figure of a man appear close to her bedroom window on the inside, look out towards the sky at night." That is at least one paranormal event right there.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Auricom

I U2U'd you about the blood specks but so far have yet to hear anyone else address that one.

Drug addicts who use needles leave little blood spots some times when they shoot up. That can be on the walls, sinks, wherever... even the ceiling. You may have an intruder of the flesh and blood kind. When you match that with the clothes layed out, volumes changed, knocks on windows...
what you may have there is a Peeping Tom, sex offending, drug addict.

Take one at a time may mean little but add them all up... the tell for me was the little spots of blood on mirror and in sink.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr
reply to post by Auricom

I U2U'd you about the blood specks but so far have yet to hear anyone else address that one.

Drug addicts who use needles leave little blood spots some times when they shoot up. That can be on the walls, sinks, wherever... even the ceiling. You may have an intruder of the flesh and blood kind. When you match that with the clothes layed out, volumes changed, knocks on windows...
what you may have there is a Peeping Tom, sex offending, drug addict.

Take one at a time may mean little but add them all up... the tell for me was the little spots of blood on mirror and in sink.

Quite concerning too is that this house may have been in the past a drug house (crack house) in the past and is still considered one. Hence the knocks on the windows.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 01:25 AM
link   
reply to post by DonaldD

We are in agreement. This could develop into a dangerous situation for the girls. Scares me to think someone may be in their house when they are away. I sent the man private message but got no response. I hope he got these replies and without freakin the girls out, gets them out as soon as possible. Playin around and trying to catch them while still living there is riskay...

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   
I agree with everyone that says you need some hidden cameras and maybe some audio recording.

To move so much stuff around such as the clothes requires A Lot of energy. Entities can't do this on their own, they need to use someone else's energy to do this so they're either feeding off your sister or her friend who are scattering it. The favorite energy of poltergeists to feed off of is fear, and the more they can get the residents scared the more energy they have to do stuff which could explain why it took some time for things to manifest stronger... it builds up slowly.

The idea that it may be a druggie squatter trying to scare people away so he can have his "home" back is not out of the question either which is another reason why hidden camera's is a good idea.

In either situation, I think your sister and her friend should move out as soon as they can. Its the easiest way to deal with it. Option 2 would to be to bring in law enforcement for the squatter (stalking, trespassing) or find a way to have the place cleansed and exorcised. This way, they could continue to live there or at least the place wouldn't be so haunting for the next renters.

As for the volumes going up and stuff, I've heard on Ghost Hunters that it is possible that neighbors remotes sometimes can work on your media also.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join