It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World Jewish Population Curiosities

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnAbsoluteCreation
reply to post by GBP/JPY

I could not extrapolate any real direction from your post. Could you clarify?

AAC

There is nothing to clarify, its insane gibberish based on a meaningless dead text.

Sad days that these old texts are still a factor...

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Tachyeon

Where did you come up with the idea that 10 million Jews were killed in Germany?

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   
They have to be fabricated, because in the town over a jewish family has a minimum of four kids. And they a ridiculous amount of uncles and aunts, and their community is on par with the middle-easterners like Indians, Pakistanis, Punjabis. But i would like to see a non biased chart but that is from my own observation.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   

I am sorry, but can you show me any nation with such a thing as a consistent growth? Can you bring me just 1 example of this?

Seriously? Well, I could give you dozens. And since my time is more valuable than the effort it would take to convince to of anything, I will link the venue for you to figure it out yourself.

AAC

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   
There is a massive population of dark skinned jews in ethiopia.
Who the rest of the jews would rather forget it seems.
. I think its safe to say they were`nt counted.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnAbsoluteCreation

I am sorry, but can you show me any nation with such a thing as a consistent growth? Can you bring me just 1 example of this?

Seriously? Well, I could give you dozens. And since my time is more valuable than the effort it would take to convince to of anything, I will link the venue for you to figure it out yourself.

I think he means that growth has been up and down in many countries, particularly western europe and japan. American demographics seem to be less volatile. With the question of the jew, as you have said, it is religious population not national population so the comparation is apples and oranges. I like the explanations of greater assimilation, some jews not meeting official criteria (proven), and the wealth/childbirth polarity which is found in many groups. Israel is also a tiny country and is now 20% arab. Israel graph. Do you have reason to believe the numbers are off other than they seem low to you? Maybe jews are more populous in the social circles you've experienced giving rise to false impression?

Originally posted by FailedProphet
Never heard of this political philosophy.

Never heard the word "Actonite" either. Can't seem to find a straight answer from google on what this adjective means.

It's derived from Lord Acton, more info.

edit on 2012/3/5 by SteveR because: broken link

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by AnAbsoluteCreation

I finally against my better judgement clicked to view this thread.

You need to factor in the era. I don't know if your aware but the White European population is going down now. It's mainly due to the use of contraception and education. If it were not for people moving to the US for instance, our population would have shrunk.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by SteveR

I have a better "israel graph"...

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 02:59 AM
link   
I would also question the criteria of being Jewish that determines the numbers in this data too.

i.e. Are the recent figures just the population of Israel , or the number of people who 'tick the box' to their ethnicity / religion in our countries census' too?

If it is up to other countries' census' then many people of Jewish descent, especially secular ones might simply be not declaring that they are a Jew any more.

An illustration of what I mean is down here in Australia, around the time of WW2 many German folk suddenly decided to hide their ethnicity to the point of even changing the spelling of their family names in order to avoid retribution from anti German sentiment from the locals. My relatives are among those who partook in this practise and they went to extreme lengths to distance theirselves from being associated with being German, even though they were either directly from there or first generation Aussie settlers. i.e they were trying to prove they were Australians, not Germans any more.

Obviously the above example is an extreme, but it does go to show that sometimes people decide to hide their racial / relgious background for various reasons.

edit on 6-3-2012 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 07:05 AM
link   
reply to post by FailedProphet

Never heard the word "Actonite" either.

It would refer to a political stance resembling that of Lord Acton, a Victorian English politician famous for his observation that 'power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely.'

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Do you have reason to believe the numbers are off other than they seem low to you? Maybe jews are more populous in the social circles you've experienced giving rise to false impression?

As you know I have a super fascination with Israel and Judaism. I think that the numbers seem very low. I cannot put my fingers on why. But maybe its because of my morbid interest in anything Israel.

AAC

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   
[snip]
edit on 1/4/2015 by Gemwolf because: Removed as requested

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 04:30 AM
link   
reply to post by SteveR

A glance at a map of Central and Eastern Europe at about the time of the First World War is revealing. The so-called Pale of Jewish Settlement covered much of Russia east of the Urals, the Ukraine, Poland, Prussia and the Baltic states. Despite a multitude of pogroms and other abuses and atrocities under the Soviets and others, there were still millions of Jews resident in these countries when they were overrun by the Nazis – as well as in Hungary, Austria, Romania and other countries that came under German influence or direct rule during the Nazi period.

The Jewish population of Germany itself was just a drop in the bucket – and it was a far more prosperous and integrated Jewish population, featuring unusually high rates of intermarriage with Gentiles, than those of the countries I have just named. Many German Jews escaped the Holocaust, but for all that the figure of six million dead is pretty well documented.

Incidentally, the Nazis were nowhere near as efficient and effective as the modern myth has it. Industrial production in Nazi Germany consistently lagged behind Allied countries even before the great Allied bombing campaigns commenced around 1942. Hermann Göring, who was minister in charge of industry, made a hopeless mess of things until Hitler replaced him with Albert Speer, also in 1942. A telling example of the kind of blundering confusion that was Nazi industrial and armaments policy is the development history of the Ju88 fighter-bomber, one of Göring's pet projects.

Also, and crucially, women were never made an integral part of the war effort in Germany as they were in Britain, the USA and other Allied nations – Rosie the Riveter never had a German counterpart. Nor were many other manpower resources (including, astonishingly, that of Jewish slave labour and more generally the use of forced labour under the Organization Todt) used to best effect.

And militarily, the Nazis were hopeless; it was visionary tank commanders like Rommel and Guderian who shaped the Blitzkreig and won the psychologically important first victories of the war, but as early as the end of the Battle of Britain the disconnect between Hitler's fantasies of military glory and the real situation on the ground had become unsustainable. And as the war wore on and losses began to mount, the professional generals and admirals who might have turned the situation around found themselves supplanted by Hitler and his cronies when it came to making military decisions. German defeat was then inevitable.

Take these facts, add to them the implausible, unsustainable financial trickery by which German rearmament was financed during the 1930s and the ridiculous Nazi-prosecuted war against itself that German society was already engaged in long before international hostilities commenced, and it becomes patent that the myth of Nazi potency was just that – a myth. Even the famously efficient extermination camps took time to hit their stride; at first they were simply overwhelmed by the number of Jews and others arriving for 'processing'.

By the way, why have you made me your 'respected foe'? Have you got something against Lord Acton?

edit on 7/3/12 by Astyanax because: of strategic errors and tactical blunders.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 04:36 AM
link   
What country has the largest Jewish population?

just wonderin...

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 07:34 AM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

You comment about them two incidents which were genocides, yet leave out the crimes against humanity that Israel is committing against the Palestinian people

It's always interesting to me that in order to have an honest discussion about the crimes that may be happening in the present - some need to go back and revisit the past - and do some rearranging

One has nothing to do with the other. The fact is - the Jews were persecuted and the Holocaust was real

What Israel does or doesn't do in the now will never change what happened in the past

No one is saying that other peoples throughout history weren't persecuted - those truths don't change other truths

What is this thread about anyway? (seriously - what IS this thread about...)

You're the one who seems to have a chip on your shoulder - what's up?

You're anti-Israeli?

:-)

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   
[snip]

edit on 2012/3/10 by SteveR because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   
[snip]

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   
[snip]

edit on 2012/3/10 by SteveR because: (no reason given)

edit on 2/4/2015 by Gemwolf because: Removed as requested

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   
[snip]

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Damn SteveR,

That was not only a flawless outline of information, but it also aligned solely to your point without too much off-roading.

I have always thought that towards the end of the war when supply roads were heavily bombed and war supplies allocated for frontline action, things at the Prison camps got strained. Where the story goes from their is the single biggest subject of conjecture the world has ever seen.

It is crucial that one must be willing to accept that their leaders will lie and manipulate truth to solidify their own beliefs. If you have a hard time accepting that then everything else is an uphill battle from there.

With Global communication no where near it's pinnacle, perhaps universal truth is at it's beginning stages.

Well done, Steve!

AAC

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join