It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ariz. sheriff's Obama investigator is making money off this birth certificate investigation

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   
link

PHOENIX — The lead investigator in an Arizona sheriff's investigation into President Obama's birth certificate is selling his report as a book.

Retired detective and volunteer Maricopa County sheriff's posse member Mike Zullo is listed as the co-author of "A Question of Eligibility," an e-book for sale through Amazon and Barnes and Noble.

The book is a copy of the investigation findings presented to the press Thursday.

Zullo's co-author is Jerome Corsi, a well-known political conspiracy writer.

Phoenix television station KTVK reports (http://(link tracking not allowed)/ykO9vU) Corsi denied using Sheriff Joe Arpaio, the self-proclaimed toughest sheriff in the country, as a promotional tool to sell his books and theories. Corsi supplied much of the research for the sheriff's office investigation.

Arpaio said at a news conference Thursday that his volunteer investigator found probable cause that the president's birth certificate is fake. Obama's campaign spokesman Ben LaBolt offered a light-hearted dismissal of Arpaio's probe, tweeting a link to a snippet from the TV series "The X-Files."

You have got to be kidding me. This was brought to my attention by another member. This whole thing has just been an excuse to sell a damn book. MAking money off poor suckers who are being fooled into believing this.

Im sorry, if this whole investigation was legit, they wouldnt be trying to sell the results. How does this not scream of BS to any open minded logical person?!?!?!?!?

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by bknapple32

Im sorry, if this whole investigation was legit, they wouldnt be trying to sell the results. How does this not scream of BS to any open minded logical person?!?!?!?!?

So let me get this straight. Anyone who does a free six month investigation and then writes a book about his findings, compromises the results? In other words, even though he released his findings for free and even explains it in layman terms on youtube, since he is writing a book on it and selling the book, his claims are untrue?

Maybe he is actually writing the book to go into detail on how they actually discovered the birth certificate was a fake. He obviously has irrefutable evidence. This isn't Alex Jones. This guy isn't going to risk his career by releasing false evidence on the President of the United States. This is serious. He also isn't saying the president is an illegal and he thinks the president actually is a natural born citizen. All he is saying is the certificate is manufactured.

One more thing. Since you conclusion is this man is obviously lying since he is writing a book on his investigation, do you conclude also that every book that someone has written about an investigation is also a lie? Those OJ books must be lies. You who premise is a bit ridiculous.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Every President that commits crimes against the American people and War Crimes against other Nations ends up writing a book and making money.

So now a person who may (or not) bring down a President gets to make a few bucks. If his claims are true and the BC is indeed false...PUBLISH IT!

If it's not, the truth will surface anyways.

Actually, I say make a Hollywood Block Buster out of the whole thing so the World can witness Obama's rise and fall. I'll bring the popcorn...

Peace

edit on 4-3-2012 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   
This happens all the time. Capitalism at it's finest. How does this make it any less true?

Steve Jobs Movie

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Investigation was legit.

So what if one of the deputies makes money off of the investigation? Do that change legitimacy? NO

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   
no offence to your thread but this is very likely to be "Hit and Run" journalism,
maybe something will develop maybe not.
I really don't see someone not seeing this angle of thought through before engaging.
what ever. Its my day off

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   

It doesn't surprise me one bit. .Who do you think this guy is targeting as his "audience" for this book? That should tip us off to the "group-think" we are dealing with. Like shooting fish in a barrel.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   
He better make something out of it, because nothing EVER is coming of of it. Since hes lucky langley spooks dont make him disappear, or... a sudden cancer or heart attack lol... so, hey he better make some money.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Hey bknapple... respectfully... off the top of my head I really don't see how this is much different than every politician in Washington selling a book at some point during or after their career.
No one really knows this mans intent, other than it appears to make money, and maybe he is just a leech, but I also thought it might be an attempt to recover funds invested as supposedly the Sheriff has spent no public money on the initial investigation.
Just my thoughts off the top of my head...

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   
To those asking what does it matter??? It matters a lot. Especially the timing. Selling this after the fact once its all said and done and the dust has settled one way or another, is fine and dandy. But selling the story BEFORE we know what will come of this and all the facts are set, is just cashing in on paranoia while its hot. The story is no good if its proven that this investigation ammounted to nothing, thus you cant sell it. But selling it now, you get to cash in much more.

Im sorry, but even though some of you may find the investigation to be full blown proof of fraud, it isnt... Not yet anyways... Innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. So far, it just looks like there was an investigation by people with an agenda.. At first i thought the agenda was right wingers doing whatever they can to stir up emmotions for the 2012 race... Now its obvious that agenda was simply to make money. If they truly wanted the whole world to know some massive truth they were revealing, correcting an injustice, they wouldnt sell the truth. Now the quotes of " we have a source who says he was told by obamas mother that her son was a foreign exchange student" makes a whole lot more sense. Its a source that will be revealed for a price.
edit on 4-3-2012 by bknapple32 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by bknapple32
Innocent until proven guilty in a court of law

You're kidding right?

Tell that to all the people locked up with no trial at Obama's whim or the American citizens he has targeted for execution...with no trial or charges?

He doesn't follow the rule of law or justice so why should he be given the courtesy he denies everyone else?

Peace

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheLieWeLive
This happens all the time. Capitalism at it's finest. How does this make it any less true?

Steve Jobs Movie

It doesn't.

The fact that it is based on a false rumor generated by some Tea Party factions factions is what makes it LESS TRUE.

And "less true" is no different from a lie.

If he wasn't born here he could not be President.

The GOP did not make a incredible mistake judging the authenticity of his B/C prior to the elections.

If they did mistake a forged document for the real thing and allowed their opposition, though he was born in Kenya to win - can you imagine how STUPID THIS WOULD MAKE THEM?

CERTAINLY NOT RESPONSIBLE ENOUGH TO RUN A COUNTRY. PERIOD

This is a sham argument and conspiracy put out their for the ignorant and the trigger happy.

People are trying to flavor already mushy minds.
Trying to get vigilantes to equate Obama with an outlaw - who has no RIGHT to the Presidency.
Hoping to inspire another wacko to take the "law" into their own hands like Jared Loughtner thought he was.

They think everyone is as stupid as they are and can't see through this?
Doesn't surprise me at all the whole thing is so some guy can make money on a book.
There are people who will buy it.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11

You're kidding right?

Tell that to all the people locked up with no trial at Obama's whim or the American citizens he has targeted for execution...with no trial or charges?

He doesn't follow the rule of law or justice so why should he be given the courtesy he denies everyone else?

Peace

Yeah...do what Bush did and let the terrorist out of GITMO so they can attack us again.
American Citizens targeted for execution? What a lie. Some lies should be illegal. Like yelling fire in a crowded theater. This is a lie like that. You must be on something.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11

You're kidding right?

Peace

Sure, lets start denying people due process because of your conjecture. Great plan.

American citizens he targeted for execution? Do you mean the american terrorist traitor who swore allegience with an enemy we are at war with??? Ok....

And anyone who is locked up for terrorism, obama has followed the rule of law. IF he broke any laws, the republicans would be crying foul about that instead of secretly supporting this going nowhere birhter garbage

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   
And the private funding now makes sense.... Pure guessing here. But I bet you those who knew there would be a book that would be churned out immediately, got some kind of back end deal on the sales made off this 'investigation'.... Flame me for guessing, I get it, I dont know. But what I do know? We now have a clear motivation for this nonsense.

MONEY
edit on 4-3-2012 by bknapple32 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by newcovenant

The GOP did not make a incredible mistake judging the authenticity of his B/C prior to the elections.

If they did mistake a forged document for the real thing and allowed their opposition, though he was born in Kenya to win - can you imagine how STUPID THIS WOULD MAKE THEM?

CERTAINLY NOT RESPONSIBLE ENOUGH TO RUN A COUNTRY. PERIOD

I don't think it makes people look stupid, at all. It makes the perpetrator(s) of fraud dishonest and pieces of crap.

link   
reply to post by tide88

So let me get this straight. Anyone who does a free six month investigation and then writes a book about his findings, compromises the results? In other words, even though he released his findings for free and even explains it in layman terms on youtube, since he is writing a book on it and selling the book, his claims are untrue?

The book 'deal' was set up BEFORE the 'investigation' so the outcome was defined beforehand. If there is no controversy there is no book (worth selling).

Arpaio didn't do any investigation. The 'posse', took cut and paste sections from Jerome Corsi's regurgitations.

They did absolutely no investigation what-so-ever. At no time was anyone from Hawai'i contacted in any way shape or form. That is a pretty weak way to investigate isn't it? If any fraud was committed and the Obama Birth Certificates are fake, it is the State of Hawai'i that is being defrauded. Why didn't the posse discuss this issue with Hawai'i.

They lied about their forensic expertise, having no expertise what-so-ever in the subject matter, forensic techniques, or investigating such matters. For a start they claim to see evidence of tampering with the BC when they never saw the BC. You cannot conduct forensic examination on a document by viewing an image of a document.

They lied about their so-called investigation of the immigration records. Corsi claimed that the month of August 1961 is "mysteriously missing". In fact everything after 1957 is "missing" from the set of records he 'examined' and August 1961 is no different than August 1960 or July 1959.

The lies are deep, very deep, with this one.

link   

You know, I'm getting sick of this sheriff's little publicity game.

That's all it is. He's trying to rile up the birthers so he can profit off of it.

He's in the same league as Orly Taitz, Donald Trump and others that are obsessed with this #ing piece of paper.

As an American that realizes that our country is in a hole full of #, can we for the love of whatever, please drop this nonsense?

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   

We'll see how many ebooks are sold. I'm not sure they'll make much money off of this, at least not enough to compensate a 6 month investigation. Maybe..., I don't know.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by yahtzeestone

We'll see how many ebooks are sold. I'm not sure they'll make much money off of this, at least not enough to compensate a 6 month investigation. Maybe..., I don't know.

I would suggest reading rnaa's post... He goes over what actually happened in this investigation pretty well... As for the sales. i hope youre right. Look, I believe in every americans right to question obama's birth. I dont agree with them. I think they are all wasting their time, but its their right. I also get angry with people who defend birtherism because I feel its based on things that have either been debunked, outright opinion hiding as fact, or just lies...

But when the people leading the charge on it are just blatantly going to make money off it, it no longer becomes a movement or a cause, it becomes a fraud and the theft of misinformed americans wallets.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join