It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sony Music Paid $250 million for Michael Jackson's unreleased tracks. Hackers got it for free.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Amongst all the hacker news being mostly political these days, stealing passwords, emails, ddos attacks, or credit card info, here's something else hackers got their hands on, the last thing Michael Jackson was recording, but the stuff you haven't heard, yet.

This is definitely going to screw up Sony's marketing plans and it will hurt their pockets big time if all of the stolen data gets out on the net, and we all know it will. It's probably already out. Either way, this case right here could help the Gov't's and the Industry's quest to control cyberspace. Too bad, in reality, Sony foolishly allowed this very expensive and sensitive data to be somehow connected to the internet. And lets also point the finger at their shotty network security.

Hey Sony, ever heard of a stand alone computer?

Hackers Steal Michael Jackson's Unreleased Tracks

www.contactmusic.com...

Michael Jackson's entire back catalogue, including an unreleased collaboration with Will.I.AM, has been stolen by hackers.

The Sony Music archive has been infiltrated by cyber-crooks, who have illegally downloaded more than 50,000 digital files.

Record company bosses paid $250 million (£156 million) to Jackson's estate in 2010 for the catalogue, including unheard material from studio sessions when the superstar recorded Off The Wall, Thriller and Bad.

A source tells Britain's Sunday Times, "Everything Sony purchased from the Michael Jackson estate was compromised.

"It caused them to check their systems and they found the breach. There was a degree of sophistication. Sony identified the weakness and plugged the gap."

The haul is also said to include a duet with the late Freddie Mercury and Black Eyed Peas rapper will.i.am.

The attack was discovered weeks after hackers targeted Sony's PlayStation Network in April (11), but was only confirmed by a Sony Music representative on Saturday (03Mar12).

edit on 4-3-2012 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Hope Sony nails them and hangs them from the highest flagpole for both hacking thievery and for the simple fact of hacking Michal Jackson vault material, Who in their right mind would want it anyway!.

I understand the fact of profit but Why that? MY god id be embarrassed if i were the hacker stealing that material. But perhaps they are Michal Jackson lovers.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Haha, That's so awesome. No matter what they do to try and stop it. We will allwayz get what we need.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   
nicely done anonymous

not only MJ was stolen... 50.000 music files!!!

and there are indeed a lot of unreleased MJ tracks around the net...

edit on 4-3-2012 by Hessdalen because: mindcontrol

new topics

top topics

join