It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I bought the computer

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   
It's like talking to air, isn't it? On top of it, I feel kind of sorry for the niece. The OP's favorite name for her is "Brat". The mother seems to be helpless, wrapped up in her own blanket of denial, and the kid is lashing out at anyone and anything just to be seen. Negative attention is, at least, attention. Maybe it's good CPS is investigating this family. The 16 year old, who already has significant issues, needs some serious help NOW. The mother and OP need some counseling too. All around, this computer is the least of their problems! Quit buying the niece junk computers and invest in a good psychologist or family therapist, the sooner the better!
edit on 5-3-2012 by jdb51 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   
A) A I never called the child a brat. But she is one.

B) No, I'm not trying to buy her off, I'm trying to stop the screaming, Her and I were rebuilding a computer, if at the time the computer CPU didn't fry, she wouldn't have gotten upset and we still would of been working on the other one to fix it. But, because it broke and we couldn't do anything more to it, she started right up. And it was all my fault. And we had to right now, go get another one. That is the right now, have to have it at this moment computer. She didn't want to wait. I was trying to do a project with her. Heck, she even helped me fix the monitor to see the screen and she even got me into BIOS to change the time, while we trying to fix it.

C) I don't know how many of you would just throw their family out. That is like the hardest decision for me to make. It is not easy. And I'm not that ruthless of a person. The child is not going to get the help she needs if I kick them to curb. And let's take for example that those tornado's moved in closer, and we got affected, would you still kick your family out?

edit on 5-3-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
$40 for a worthless computer? that's not a good deal, bud. Seeing as you can get a halfway decent computer for $200. Windows 95? sorry your daughter's right.
It sounds like she was pretty nice about it, and not acting like a brat at all. considering what you did, you're pretty lucky.
edit on 5-3-2012 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

Really? Read through your previous rants. I count you calling her names several times, BRAT being the most common. You won't listen...you deflect. If you don't want to change your living conditions, quit complaining constantly. That poor child!

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   
lol you paid someone 40 bucks to take their trash away

a suckah born every minute.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by jdb51

I could be wrong, maybe you're right. But she is.

I am not perfect. Least I have the balls to admit that.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater
A) A I never called the child a brat. But she is one.

B) No, I'm not trying to buy her off, I'm trying to stop the screaming, Her and I were rebuilding a computer, if at the time the computer CPU didn't fry, she wouldn't have gotten upset and we still would of been working on the other one to fix it. But, because it broke and we couldn't do anything more to it, she started right up. And it was all my fault. And we had to right now, go get another one. That is the right now, have to have it at this moment computer. She didn't want to wait. I was trying to do a project with her. Heck, she even helped me fix the monitor to see the screen and she even got me into BIOS to change the time, while we trying to fix it.

C) I don't know how many of you would just throw their family out. That is like the hardest decision for me to make. It is not easy. And I'm not that ruthless of a person. The child is not going to get the help she needs if I kick them to curb. And let's take for example that those tornado's moved in closer, and we got affected, would you still kick your family out?

We're just tired of hearing you constantly griping and moaning about her. Generally, when we have a problem, we take care of it.

And if she is as bad as you say (and yes, you do say quite a lot) then I don't think there's very many here who wouldn't toss her out by the ear.

If she doesn't appreciate you, she doesn't need you. And you sure as hell don't need her. Apparently, you aren't the help she needs. Really, it's your house. She is not your child. Where are your obligations? Are you supposed to sacrifice your happiness for her, when she doesn't deserve it? As for those tornadoes, well...she should have thought of that before she threw a snit and tried to GET YOU ARRESTED. Capiche?

What's so hard to understand? Are you a masochist? Do you enjoy being treated like dirt, when you own the place? Are you dense? Do YOU enjoy the attention? You're just as confusing and backwards as the kid is.

...I'm beginning to think you aren't even worth helping. May as well turn the horse out to pasture if it won't ride, you know? It's like that.

edit on CMondaypm383848f48America/Chicago05 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375
$40 for a worthless computer? that's not a good deal, bud. Seeing as you can get a halfway decent computer for $200. Windows 95? sorry your daughter's right.
It sounds like she was pretty nice about it, and not acting like a brat at all. considering what you did, you're pretty lucky.
edit on 5-3-2012 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

Not her daughter. Daughter of her sister. The brat isn't hers, but she treats her like a little puppy. It's sickening.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   
There, I told her mother today, they better find a new place to live and tomorrow I am going to go get the evict notice. Can't do it today, I have to work soon. She came home from school today and tried to attack my dog, then tried to hurt herself outside thinking it was fun. I am done. She is way too crazy for me. She wanted to go the hospital, she's at the hospital. I give up. The mom is begging and pleading to me to wait until the first before I do it. I don't know if I can. That is way too long.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Nobody enjoys throwing their family out.But from everything you've posted about this,that seems to be your only option.When I threw my brother out he had nowhere to go.No one would take him in because he was high all the time and couldn't be trusted.After a month of living on the streets he went to rehab.And he's been clean since.So my point is tough love can be the way to go.Some times it's that wake up call people need.And in this case those people are your niece and her mother.Do the right thing and put your foot down before it gets worse.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Mobile Crisis just called, I told him everything, 1st time he's heard of the case, He's going to get back with me tomorrow because I won't be back until after 10. From the sounds of it, they threw the case onto another person. Ugh, I am literally shaking right now. I told him to tell them that, I was evicting them. Whether she thinks this game or not, she's going to learn real quick, and I really hate to do this to my sister. I feel like I'm a horrible person, but I am not going to put my dog in danger over this child.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   

First off, put the dog in a kennel in another room, and lock it, or board it out until they are gone. "Things" can be replaced or not, but hurting a dog is not acceptable in any circumstances.

Second, I hope you are being honest, because I believe most of ATS is tired of your ranting and raving about this situation. You absolutely have to be tough about this, no looking back or changing your mind.

Maybe the child will finally get the help she badly needs, and you and your dog can be happy again. Don't be so inclined to open your home to more problems in the future. Good Luck to you.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Mobile Crisis just called, I told him everything, 1st time he's heard of the case, He's going to get back with me tomorrow because I won't be back until after 10. From the sounds of it, they threw the case onto another person. Ugh, I am literally shaking right now. I told him to tell them that, I was evicting them. Whether she thinks this game or not, she's going to learn real quick, and I really hate to do this to my sister. I feel like I'm a horrible person, but I am not going to put my dog in danger over this child.

Haha...a horrible person? You?

Think about everything they've done to you. You're only human, and you own the place.

You're the authority, and you're being thoroughly disrespected. It's on their heads now. You have to teach them that actions (and lack of discipline) will lead to very uncomfortable situations.

"This is why we can't have nice things!" Like that.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   
I told my dad. So, I probably won't hear the end of it. Yeah the dog is in my room.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   

I told my dad. So, I probably won't hear the end of it. Yeah the dog is in my room.

So let your dad take them in.....and I hope the door to your room is locked!

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   

You're a grown person. Your dad can suck it if he doesn't like it. He would have done the same thing...he's just upset you had to be the grown up in the situation, instead of him.

He'll probably be the next stop for your sis and niece, anyway.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   

If anything, he should be the one taking point with your sister and if he's not, there is a reason...

edit on 5-3-2012 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

He's an enabler just like me, as you put it. Buy them everything they want.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Well, you have (so you say) now drawn a line. What you do next is going to define your relationships and communicate what you will and what you will not accept. Decide now what you will do when you are challenged to follow through... Expect it.

edit on 5-3-2012 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

Exactly! Are there any adults in this family? Good Grief!

I am seriously beginning to wonder if the OP is actually the troubled 16 year old!

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join