It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abuse of power

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2003 @ 03:10 AM
link   
There has been a lot of news in the UK about the N.I. police and army colluding with the protestant terrorist groups to kill catholic targets.
I can't see this trouble ever ending if there is corruption within the authorities.
I was just perturbed because I saw one of the victims mother/sister? shouting at the chief investigator. What they must have been through in the last 10 years knowing this was going on.
Any suggestions from abroad as to how to get peace in Northern Ireland. Its so complicated its just a knotted tangle of history.

posted on Apr, 18 2003 @ 11:32 PM
link   
I don't think our president has really tried to help improve the situations in N. Ireland. He has almsot only payed all his attention to Iraq. I feel sorry for you because (from what I see) no other countries are really helping you to earn your freedom from Britain. I think, that it's because Britain acts like the bully, just like the U.S., and no one steps up to them.

Don't get in trouble!

posted on Apr, 19 2003 @ 12:04 AM
link   
the only way for peace is to take away your enemies ability to make war. so basically in my opinion, the only way this is gonna stop is if one side is completely wiped out. now i am in no way condoning this kind of action but i'm afraid it's probably the only way it's gonna stop. this is also how i feel about the iraeli-palestinian conflict.

posted on Apr, 19 2003 @ 03:35 AM
link   
Whatever happened to finding out why the terrorists are terrorizing and not doing it anymore?

posted on Apr, 19 2003 @ 08:56 AM
link   
it's really quite simple. the terrorists are terrorists and killing people because they are alive. so if all the catholics in N. Ireland died, then i would presume that the killing would stop. same goes for the israelies and americans. so you see we do have the power to stop terrorism all we have to do is commit mass suicide. however i'm not ready to take this step, so an alternate, less peaceful method must be utilized.

new topics

top topics

join