It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mum, this chicken tastes like rubber

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   
*ahem*
A lovely night out eating at your local Nando's restaurant should not end up like this.

A MOTHER is outraged that her five-year-old son got a free condom - with an explicit slogan - in a family restaurant. Kristy Hicks said she was "mortified" when the boy asked what it was. "I could have died," she said. "I almost fell over."

It goes on to say.

Her son, Charlie, walked up to the counter at Nando's in Darwin city and grabbed the condom from a giveaway basket. The slogan "Not for soft c####" was written on the front. Ms Hicks, of Bayview, said: "It's disgusting. "Fair enough putting them out at 11 o'clock at night for people who are having a night on the town and think it's a funny gimmick, but not at 6 o'clock.

(I had to edit a word in that quote....)

At first I thought the poor little guy was chewing on this thing! Seems a little dis-tasteful to be putting free condoms out for patrons in a family restaurant at family meal times. I'd be pretty cranky too, mind you I feel more sorry for the ones who take the free samples....

Nando's Australia marketing director Kim Russell said the condoms were from a four-year-old giveaway designed for university students. "I'm surprised there are any still around," she said. "They are really old".

Begs the question, how old is the chicken if they are still serving up 4 year old condoms! GAH!

Source
edit on 4-3-2012 by Qumulys because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-3-2012 by Qumulys because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   
That's insane!! I'm not sure how I would have reacted if my kids picked one up. I giggle at that kind of stuff.
Once I was at my doctors office when my son was about 9 months old. NOT my OBGYN, just my regular MD. I was watching this woman stuff hand fulls of what I thought was candy in her purse and drop them as she hurried out the door. It was a giant bowl of condoms. Right in the middle of a family friendly doctors office. I don't know why I was surprised... safe sex is the way to go! And being able to get the items you need (for free) to practice safe sex is even better. But it was still weird to see.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   
I would not have freaked out, except perhaps been a little miffy about the phrase written on it.

As for the condom itself? I would not have been angry about them having them available. I'm not shy about being honest with my kids about where babies come from. Any parent who is should have some worries that they're going to be premature grandparents.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Qumulys

Nando's Australia marketing director Kim Russell said the condoms were from a four-year-old giveaway designed for university students. "I'm surprised there are any still around," she said. "They are really old".

Begs the question, how old is the chicken if they are still serving up 4 year old condoms! GAH!

Sounds like no one is getting laid in that town, except the chickens.

Ribbit

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Condoms given away at Nando's?

Damn, I wanna move to Australia.

Do they have bathrooms in this place to be able to use them? Least all the teen girls can say "I'm going to Nando's to swallow some cock" and have it taken either way (that's what she said....sorry, couldn't resist when I realised those last three words....ahh, you get the idea).

Do people who take the condoms from there and use them for oral sex proclaim "man, this tastes like chicken"?

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by curious7
Condoms given away at Nando's?

Damn, I wanna move to Australia.

Do they have bathrooms in this place to be able to use them? Least all the teen girls can say "I'm going to Nando's to swallow some cock" and have it taken either way (that's what she said....sorry, couldn't resist when I realised those last three words....ahh, you get the idea).

Do people who take the condoms from there and use them for oral sex proclaim "man, this tastes like chicken"?

I gotta get in the laugh before your post gets deleted by the Mods!

Ribbit

Ps: You should start a cross-thread titled:

"Man, this rubber tastes like chicken."

edit on 5-3-2012 by ButtUglyToad because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by ButtUglyToad

You know, I was so tempted to do that or at least say it on this thread but I got distracted and completely forgot

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by ButtUglyToad

It's happened again

Crazy world we live in.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 12:35 AM
link   
lol,so strange

new topics

top topics

join