It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the author of Babylon Mystery changed his mind....

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by colbe

Second time, try to figure it out. The first Christians met in houses in the beginning before particular buildings were built for worship. The "Church" is a group of like believers who gather together, assemble to worship God keeping God's 3rd Commandment, it has been revealed this assembly of first Christians took place on Sunday, the first day of the week.

And what did Jesus promise? That where two or more are gathered in His Name He is in the midst of them. That's all you need right there, two or more Spirit-filled believers and Christ Jesus. Singing praises to His name, worshiping Him, dance, shouts of praise. That's worship like David did, not what happens in denominational churches. They're "dead", they used to have a name for themselves and now they are "dead". We are to come out from any church that denies the power "dumamus" of the Holy Spirit.

Go to a "Spirit-filled" church sometime, you'll actually see people worshiping Jesus with song and dance, not eating Him. I "came out" from a denominational church system, first one after another. Been at a Spirit-filled church for over 6 years now, the old on es truly were "dead" compared.

Don't we both love the same Jesus?

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Your comments are snotty and mean. Why be nice to you, Jesus said love everyone. Can't have a discussion with a Protestant. You make it very difficult to reply.

Originally posted by colbe
Do you gather with fellow Christians of the same belief on Sunday, the Lord's Day?

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

Yes, and sometimes also on like a Wednesday, and sometimes we'll also gather on Tuesday for Bible study, and other times we'll gather on different days. All depends on when people can get together. There is no specific day to worship God. We're supposed to worship Him in spirit and in truth 24/7 at all times, in all locations.

Great, you don't sit home on Sunday. The point, the Lord's Day
is Sunday. What's the name of your sect, err Church? There are so many. Read the Gospel, Eph 4:5, One Lord, one faith, one baptism doesn't fit Protestantism with 38,000 different sects.

NTT, you're wrong on this, there is a specific day set by God for worship
and rest. It's Sunday. Goes without saying, yes, worship can happen every day. The Holy Sacrifice of the Mass is offered every hour around
the world.

I was questioning you since you protest the true faith, whether you kept
the Lord's Day holy as God requires, the 3rd/your 4th Commandment, (anything to break away from the true faith even in numbering). A lot of Protestants stay home on Sunday or go to worship sports on Sunday.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   

I. Go. To. Church. In. Fact. I. Teach. Pre-K. At. Said. Church. (4-5 year olds)

The highest form of worship is the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass.

"No, that's the ritual you worship the most. The highest form of worship is to sit at Jesus' feet, or sing and dance for the Lord, to offer praise at the top of one's lungs, to cry and weep. That's worship. You're talking about rituals and traditions. I worship a risen, Living Savior, not the "Lord Jesus all you can eat buffet to keep yourself in the faith for one more week."

You're sweet in part of this reply. No wonder you teach very young children. NTT, there are some traditions and rituals that are holy, they actually come from God. Your "pat" rejection of "ritual" shows your immaturity.

Please remember, keep on your heart, Daniel's "continual sacrifice" is the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass for the future.

I am not going to reply to your cut up replies any longer. You have no understanding. What are you saying..."buffet"..."all you can eat?"

You should have your mouth washed out! You are mocking Our Lord in the Eucharist. No wonder you can't reply to Rev. Woodrow's quote in the OP. It's over your head. What a jerk.

Remember, oh please, at the Great Warning when Our Lord shows you personally His presence in the Eucharist is true. No more heresy and division, you are going to have to say "yes" or "no" to God, to what you are making fun of now.

Remember brother.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   

"All of you, obey your bishops as Jesus Christ obeyed the Father, and obey the priesthood as you would the Apostles... Wherever the bishop is, there must be the congregation, just as wherever Jesus Christ is, there is the Catholic Church." (Ignatius of Antioch, ~AD 107.)

This is the biggest problem with the Catholic Church. They completely defy the teachings of Jesus, who said that HE was the mediator to god. The above edict allowed for all the evils of the Catholic Church, like penances and indulgences.

The Catholic Church is the ultimate Anti-Church, thus Anti-Christ.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   

You're talking about rituals and traditions.

Colbe doesn't get it bro. The R.C.C. is nothing but a tradition of men, just like Judaism became which is why Jesus railed at the Pharisees and Sanhedrin. Not just the R.C.C. either there's tons of dead churches practicing traditions of men. I can walk into a church and know if the Holy Spirit has ever been there because i can feel him wherever he is, alot of us can.

Take the Eucharist Jesus cookie for example. Why do they need to consume Christ's flesh and blood to have him in them when he is supposed to be in you already? Communion is a ritual that doesn't need to be done, but when it is to be done Jesus requires that we do it in remembrance of him, with love and adoration as we remember what he did for us.

Alot of people just go through the repititious rituals because they think that is what saves them, just like some christians only go to church because they think sitting in the pew during service will save them, or some think just being a "member" is what saves them. If a man or woman cannot love their savior enough to lift their hands to him with adoration and give a joyous shout or noise, but rather stick their hands in their pockets or cross their arms like some grumpy sod trying to play defensive, i have doubts as to them having the Spirit. When we lift our hands to him it is a sign of surrender and adoration, we are saying praise be to Yah (Hallel'u'Yah) with our spirits.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by colbe

Eph 4:5, One Lord, one faith, one baptism....so...one Church.

Jesus was against man-made rules

And because of that, ..... he said "don't pay attention to the priests, they are wolves"

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Roman Catholics trinity of Father, Mother and Son worship goes all the way back to Nimrod, Semiramis and Tammuz. Family worship, blech.

Um,....hey, lonewolf!

Look, I'm not Catholic, but I know that the trinity in modern "Christianity" (and yes, Catholics are Christian) is not "Father, Mother, and Son"....
Nonono. It's Father, Son, and Holy Ghost (Spirit).

Sometimes, lonewolf, I really wonder about your theological/religious l education. You seem to have a very limited knowledge of "Christian" dogma (and also to be having a faith crisis).

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by windword

"All of you, obey your bishops as Jesus Christ obeyed the Father, and obey the priesthood as you would the Apostles... Wherever the bishop is, there must be the congregation, just as wherever Jesus Christ is, there is the Catholic Church." (Ignatius of Antioch, ~AD 107.)

This is the biggest problem with the Catholic Church. They completely defy the teachings of Jesus, who said that HE was the mediator to god. The above edict allowed for all the evils of the Catholic Church, like penances and indulgences.

The Catholic Church is the ultimate Anti-Church, thus Anti-Christ.

Hi,

You shouldn't use Catholic writing to deny the faith. You are a subordinate
mediator if you pray for others. We are one big family helping each other
get to Heaven.

You reject penance? Indulgences are simple to understand, God desires we come close to Him. How do you do that? Prayer. There are some prayers the Church grants a gift if you pray them, she has the authority. A gift for your spiritual benefit or a soul in Purgatory.

The Council of Trent, long ago took care of the misuse of indulgences.

Look at the date of the quote. Put two and two together. Jesus established the Roman Catholic Church.

windword, Our Lord wants you to become Catholic. I predict, before the
Millennium, the new time, you'll be Catholic.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   
wildtimes, lonewolf and NTT,

I'll say the same to you three. We disagree but you guys keep replying, that's a "grace."

Our Lord wants you to become Catholic. I predict, before the Millennium, the new time, you'll be Catholic.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by colbe

Somehow i doubt your lord wants you to be catholic, or them for that matter...

I'd also add that assuming they will somehow spontaniously convert to your religon is almost laughable... especially considering all three of them seem to be against Catholicism

Not to mention Jesus himself was against religions

Pardon my intrusion by the way, but i couldn't resist replying to that statement... I tried, i failed...

the temptation was just too great

edit on 6-3-2012 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon
reply to post by colbe

I'd also add that assuming they will somehow spontaniously convert to your religon is almost laughable... especially considering all three of them seem to be against Catholicism

Pardon my intrusion by the way, but i couldn't resist replying to that statement... I tried, i failed...

Hi,

You're always here, you're are drawn to the Catholic threads. Me too.

You are limiting God because you're human.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by colbe

Originally posted by Akragon
reply to post by colbe

Hi,

You're always here, you're are drawn to the Catholic threads. Me too.

You are limiting God because you're human.

Of course im always here... where else would i be?

Im drawn to all christian threads because i see the error in a lot of their doctrine... but i follow all the religious threads on this forum...

And im not limiting God... religion limits God

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Im drawn to all christian threads because i see the error in a lot of their doctrine.

I thought you said Christ's teachings were flawless?

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Don't we both love the same Jesus?

Apparently not. I've asked this 4 times now in 3 threads and received no response.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by Akragon

Im drawn to all christian threads because i see the error in a lot of their doctrine.

I thought you said Christ's teachings were flawless?

His are...

Christian doctrine is not...

Yes i know you say the entire bible is based on Jesus... but it doesn't mean all Christian theology is accurate according to him

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 03:26 AM
link   
This thread has veered far from where it started. Instead of trying to go back through 4 pages of the thread and discuss anti-Catholic statements, I'll stick with the original OP for now.

Both Dave Hunt and Ralph Woodrow had Alexander Hislop as their authorial progenitor. He was the author of The Two Babylons which was the first serious attempt to synthesize mythology and history resulting in a theory of a paganistic, syncretic Catholicism. Hislop has to be respected for his scholarly work and the amazing, single minded effort he put into his magnum opus. He was clearly a dedicated, educated man.

Unfortunately, the vast majority of what he wrote has been completely discredited. Time has past his methods and resources by. We now know much, much more about ancient history than we did when he was working in the field. In addition, Hislop was often guilty of cum hoc ergo propter hoc, believing that because A predates B, A created or was the cause of B.

Although one poster seemed to think that it was a point against the OP that Woodrow hasn't become a Catholic, it's actually the opposite. His reexamination and refutation of Hislop is from a committed anti-Catholic! He is actually biased AGAINST Catholicism and he rejects the conclusions of his earlier work, Hunt's work and Hislop's work.

There are numerous critiques of A Woman Rides the Beast online. I can point out a few if you are interested. Unfortunately, not as many people are aware of Hislop's work so there are fewer systematic refutations. Actually, maybe it's better that way.

Regardless, I appreciate everyone that's contributed to the thread with actual intellectual curiosity and a spirit of fellowship.

Eric

edit on 7-3-2012 by EricD because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 04:02 AM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

Sometimes, lonewolf, I really wonder about your theological/religious l education. You seem to have a very limited knowledge of "Christian" dogma (and also to be having a faith crisis).

For someone who likes to belt out insults you don't know very much about catholicism or christianity. They worship the "Queen of Heaven" whom they say is Mary. Mary who is supposed to be God's wife, and His mother, because christians believe Jesus is the physical incarnation of God.

Guess who else married his mother and made her his wife and had a son with her? Nimrod and his mother/wife is named Semiramis. Do a little research on ancient religions before you open your mouth about who is having a faith crisis and wondering about their education sir. Compare Mithraism to Catholicism. Learn 2 research Nimrod kthxbai.

edit on 7-3-2012 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 05:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

His are...

Christian doctrine is not...

Yes i know you say the entire bible is based on Jesus... but it doesn't mean all Christian theology is accurate according to him

Can you then explain what Christian dogma you're speaking of specifically that goes against what Christ taught?

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 05:50 AM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

They worship the "Queen of Heaven" whom they say is Mary. Mary who is supposed to be God's wife, and His mother, because christians believe Jesus is the physical incarnation of God.

The only difference between you and catholics is that YOU don't worship Mary directly...

otherwise, you have turned Mary into the mother of God... since you believe that Jesus was God who became a man...and was born of Mary.

edit on 7-3-2012 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 05:58 AM
link   
reply to post by sk0rpi0n

The only difference between you and catholics is that YOU don't worship Mary directly...

We don't worship Mary at all, her father wasn't God, Jesus' was.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join