It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the author of Babylon Mystery changed his mind....

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by curious7

Jesus couldn't set up the Roman Catholic church because it was established by a Roman Emperor several hundred years after Jesus' purported death because said Emperor (forget the name right now) was the first to follow the brand new religion of Christianity instead of the traditional Roman religion with several gods and goddesses and made it law to follow Christianity with his own rules on how it should be followed and worshipped.

Not exactly, but you are close. You're thinking of Constantine, but he didn't make Christianity the state religion of the empire, his 2nd successor did that. Constantine merely made it a legal religion, one of many.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

There we go, thanks.

He set it in motion nonetheless but I knew I wwas a little fuzzy on that, that's why I wasn't bold enough to lay down a name just in case.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by colbe
Bravo ~!!~

he discovered the Truth or at least part of it. Comparing similarities between paganism and Catholicism is stupid. You could do that with any belief and there are "some" similarities Protestant Christians accept.
Christianity is not the same as paganism.

From Ralph Woodrow's website:

Message from Ralph Woodrow regarding the book BABYLON MYSTERY RELIGION

For a number of years my book BABYLON MYSTERY RELIGION was very popular, enjoyed a wide circulation, and was translated into various languages. To this day, we do not cease to receive orders and inquiries about it. Despite its popularity, several years ago we pulled it out of print and now offer a replacement book THE BABYLON CONNECTION

Here's your guy, and his new THE BABYLON CONNECTION video
(Warning creepy overbearing music)

It doesn't look like he's converted to Catholicism to me
Ralph Woodrow Evangelistic Association
edit on 5-3-2012 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by curious7

There we go, thanks.

He set it in motion nonetheless but I knew I wwas a little fuzzy on that, that's why I wasn't bold enough to lay down a name just in case.

It's cool, most people confuse it and think it was Constantine, it wasn't, he only legalized Christianity. I prefer accuracy. his 2nd successor made it the official state religion of the empire. Which was the worst possible thing that happened to Christianity. The formerly pagan occultist priests just took of their charms and amulets and put on crosses and crucifixes and taught the same dogma but with Christian flair.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by colbe

Christians gather in assembly on Sunday to keep the Lord's Day, to worship God, keeping His Commandment.

I hate to have to burst your bubble but, Sunday was never the Lord's day and this proves it.

John 8:54-56

54 Jesus answered, “If I honor Myself, My honor is nothing. It is My Father who honors Me, of whom you say that He is your[m] God. 55 Yet you have not known Him, but I know Him. And if I say, ‘I do not know Him,’ I shall be a liar like you; but I do know Him and keep His word. 56 Your father Abraham rejoiced to see My day, and he saw it and was glad.”

What day was the Lord's day? Abraham didn't take Sabbath on Sunday, he took it on Saturday starting dusk Friday to dusk Saturday. Even before God gave Israel the Saturday Sabbath Everyone before Abraham who knew of God took the day of rest on Saturday all the way back to Enoch and Adam. Abraham was gentile, he wasn't jew. He was the very first hebrew which means "those who cross over" meaning across the river and out of Babylon.

John 8:56 Happened before Jesus was crucified. Many christians mistakeningly believe the "Lord's Day" was the day he resurrected but that is not what Jesus said in John 8:56.

John 8:57-58 57 Then the Jews said to Him, “You are not yet fifty years old, and have You seen Abraham?” 58 Jesus said to them, “Most assuredly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I AM.”

This is where Jesus says he is I AM. What day did the Lord Hallow and sanctify? This goes all the way back to Genesis chapter 2:

Genesis 2:1-3 1 Thus the heavens and the earth, and all the host of them, were finished. 2 And on the seventh day God ended His work which He had done, and He rested on the seventh day from all His work which He had done. 3 Then God blessed the seventh day and sanctified it, because in it He rested from all His work which God had created and made.

The seventh day is what day of the week? Saturday. Sunday is the first day of the week, the day Jesus resurrected on.

Mark 16:9 Now when Jesus was risen early the first day of the week, he appeared first to Mary Magdalene, out of whom he had cast seven devils.

Jesus was crucified on Friday and arose on Sunday, the first day of the week. Are you getting it yet or does it still need time to sink in?

Christians gather in assembly on Sunday to keep the Lord's Day, to worship God, keeping His Commandment.

So point to me where in scripture Jesus said his day was Sunday and that by worshipping him on Sunday we are keeping his commandment. You can't do it can you? Thats because it is not in the bible because he didn't change it. You are stuffing words in his mouth by twisting scripture. The complete truth can be found within the entirety of both Old and New Testament, and nowhere in either book will you find him changing the sabbath to sunday and the fact that early christians including gentiles kept the sabbath on Saturday from dusk friday to dusk saturday.

You may worship him on Sunday because you are supposed to worship God everyday, but Sunday never was the Sabbath and it never will be.

If you want to state your case that Jesus changed the sabbath to Sunday, show me where and by what scripture, chapter and verse, but i know you cannot because it isn't there because he did not. Sunday worship is a tradition created by the Roman Catholic Church, not the Apostles who lived before the pagan church.
edit on 5-3-2012 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by curious7

Jesus couldn't set up the Roman Catholic church because it was established by a Roman Emperor several hundred years after Jesus' purported death because said Emperor (forget the name right now) was the first to follow the brand new religion of Christianity instead of the traditional Roman religion with several gods and goddesses and made it law to follow Christianity with his own rules on how it should be followed and worshipped.

Not exactly, but you are close. You're thinking of Constantine, but he didn't make Christianity the state religion of the empire, his 2nd successor did that. Constantine merely made it a legal religion, one of many.

NTT,

There he is again, one man, you've covered it. Can you name someone
else?

Why don't you share about St. Ignatius or St. Ireaneus, how about Polycarp? Are you going to deny their witness and lives? Saint after saint all the way through from 33 A.D. You going to ignore them all? The Apostles passed down the teachings of Christ orally. Belief came first and than the Bible. It wasn't until 382 did Pope Damasus decide the Canon.

Could you be more specific instead of repeating Constantine's name over
and over and over again. Tell us more about the Church before the Protestant revolt, this is rather brief, okay?

When you reject Christian history. Then nothing is true. It doesn't go
Our Lord....Constantine....Martin Luther and Calvin.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
reply to post by colbe

I hate to have to burst your bubble but, Sunday was never the Lord's day and this proves it.

John 8:54-56

54 Jesus answered, “If I honor Myself, My honor is nothing. It is My Father who honors Me, of whom you say that He is your[m] God. 55 Yet you have not known Him, but I know Him. And if I say, ‘I do not know Him,’ I shall be a liar like you; but I do know Him and keep His word. 56 Your father Abraham rejoiced to see My day, and he saw it and was glad.”

What day was the Lord's day? Abraham didn't take Sabbath on Sunday, he took it on Saturday starting dusk Friday to dusk Saturday. Even before God gave Israel the Saturday Sabbath Everyone before Abraham who knew of God too the day of rest on Saturday all the way back to Enoch and Adam. Abraham was gentile, he wasn't jew. He was the very first hebrew which means "those who cross over" meaning across the river and out of Babylon.

John 8:56 Happened before Jesus was crucified. Many christians mistakeningly believe the "Lord's Day" was the day he resurrected but that is not what Jesus said in John 8:56.

John 8:57-58 57 Then the Jews said to Him, “You are not yet fifty years old, and have You seen Abraham?” 58 Jesus said to them, “Most assuredly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I AM.”

This is where Jesus says he is I AM. What day did the Lord Hallow and sanctify? This goes all the way back to Genesis chapter 2:

Genesis 2:1-3 1 Thus the heavens and the earth, and all the host of them, were finished. 2 And on the seventh day God ended His work which He had done, and He rested on the seventh day from all His work which He had done. 3 Then God blessed the seventh day and sanctified it, because in it He rested from all His work which God had created and made.

The seventh day is what day of the week? Saturday. Sunday is the first day of the week, the day Jesus resurrected on.

Mark 16:9 Now when Jesus was risen early the first day of the week, he appeared first to Mary Magdalene, out of whom he had cast seven devils.

Jesus was crucified on Friday and arose on Sunday, the first day of the week. Are you getting it yet or does it still need time to sink in?

So point to me where in scripture Jesus said his day was Sunday and that by worshipping him on Sunday we are keeping his commandment. You can't do it can you? Thats because it is not in the bible because he didn't change it. You are stuffing words in his mouth by twisting scripture. The complete truth can be found within the entirety of both Old and New Testament, and nowher ein either book will you find him changing the sabbath to sunday and the fact that early christians including gentiles kept the sabbath on Saturday from dusk friday to dusk saturday.

You may worship him on Sunday because you are supposed to worship God everyday, but Sunday never was the Sabbath and it never will be.

If you want to state your case that Jesus changed the sabbath to Sunday, show me where and by what scripture, chapter and verse, but i know you cannot because it isn't there because he did not. Sunday worship is a tradition created by the Roman Catholic Church, not the Apostles who lived before the pagan church.

I already did, twice, you come back with the same denial. I gave you Paul's words, reject Paul, it's your loss. You know better, 20 centuries later and are here to tell everyone something different. That's ridiculous. Everyone reading this thread who is Christian recognizes we are no longer in the Old Covenant.

You are the one disobeying. You don't want to go to Church on Sunday.

Staying with your "pagan" protest...that's just silly, read the OP.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by colbe

else?

No, there is only 1 man who made Christianity the state religion of the Empire, that's truth.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   
People can change. Rev. Woodrow did, let us discuss his words here.
What say you? Don't run away....change the subject. Similarities are no
proof. What a waste of time to believe the "pagan" nonsense. Check that
off your list.

When God shows you personally in the Great Warning, it won't be such a shock or prideful denial. I could of had the Real Presence and I settled
for juice and crackers, you'll shake your head...and shout with joy, NO MORE!

_ _ _ _ _

"By this method, the Lord himself would be pagan. The woman called Mystery Babylon had a cup in her hand; the Lord has a cup in his hand (Ps. 75:8). Pagan kings sat on thrones and wore crowns; the Lord sits on a throne and wears a crown (Rev. 1:4; 14:14). Pagans worshiped the sun; the Lord is the "sun of righteousness" (Mal. 4:2). Pagan gods were likened to stars; the Lord is called "the bright morning star" (Rev. 22:16). Pagan gods had temples dedicated to them; the Lord has a temple (Rev. 7:15). Pagan gods were pictured with wings; the Lord is pictured with wings (Ps. 91:4)."

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by colbe

The "Protestant revolt" as you call it happened hundreds of years after Catholicism was created which itself was hundreds of years after Jesus' death so you still seem to be under the impression that Catholicism is the original version of Christianity, which is wrong.

The first true version of Christianity in group worship form was a small sect which lived and died in the region near to where the Dead Sea Scrolls were found.

Also, again, you're wrong.

The traditional Sabbath is supposed to be a saturday, not sunday.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   

reply to post by colbe

else?

No, there is only 1 man who made Christianity the state religion of the Empire, that's truth.

One sentence reply...

I am referring to Christian history, you are stuck on Constantine and explain no more. You can't. Church history is Catholic. Come along, give us names, timelines.

Post some history and quotes from the beliefs of the men you name,
those Christians before 1517.

Who knew the Apostles? Who were their students and what were their
beliefs? If their beliefs were/are Protestant, you're in.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 11:55 PM
link   

reply to post by colbe

else?

One sentence reply...

I am referring to Christian history, you are stuck on Constantine and explain no more. You can't. Church history is Catholic. Come along, give us names, timelines.

Haven't you been paying attention? I'm NOT talking about Constantine, he didn't make Christianity the state religion of the empire, he only legalized it.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 12:07 AM
link   

reply to post by colbe

The "Protestant revolt" as you call it happened hundreds of years after Catholicism was created which itself was hundreds of years after Jesus' death so you still seem to be under the impression that Catholicism is the original version of Christianity, which is wrong.

The first true version of Christianity in group worship form was a small sect which lived and died in the region near to where the Dead Sea Scrolls were found.

Yes, Sabbath is Friday evening to Saturday eve, but we worship the Lord in Spirit and truth everyday, not just one day a week. He is our Sabbath, it's only a picture of freedom in Him. We no longer need the shadows when we have Jesus.

The first Christians in the first century met in house churches for the most part except for maybe a dozen "church" buildings. But they were called gatherings.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 05:12 AM
link   

reply to post by colbe

else?

One sentence reply...

Haven't you been paying attention? I'm NOT talking about Constantine, he didn't make Christianity the state religion of the empire, he only legalized it.

NTT,

I have, doesn't take much attention by anyone. I see you have no Church history to confirm or speak of being a Protestant so you keep repeating one man's name, the exact sentence once again. That's it. Sorry buddy, there are libraries full of Catholic history, the full history. Yours began in 1517. You're out.

St. Helena, Constantine's mother is a canonized saint, she found the true cross of Our Lord. I think Constantine is a recognized saint by the
Orthodox. Catholics look on Constantine as a saint too.

How come you won't comment on some of the first Christians I mentioned? Those three saints, Irenaeus, Ignatius and Polycarp?

Do you know what they believed? It would help you. All of them knew
John the Apostle. You would not reject the faith if you read what
they believed.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 05:38 AM
link   

reply to post by colbe

Yes, Sabbath is Friday evening to Saturday eve, but we worship the Lord in Spirit and truth everyday, not just one day a week. He is our Sabbath, it's only a picture of freedom in Him. We no longer need the shadows when we have Jesus.
The first Christians in the first century met in house churches for the most part except for maybe a dozen "church" buildings. But they were called gatherings.

Judaism keeps the Sabbath, you profess you are Christian. Which are you?

Church comes from the word assembly. Seee...the first Christians
went to Church. Your "gatherings" means the same. Do you gather
with fellow Christians of the same belief on Sunday, the Lord's Day?

Sounds like you don't. Breaking God's Commandment.

You pridefully only wish to disobey. Get out of bed some Sunday
and see the Christians going to Church, "gathering" in Church to worship God.

The highest form of worship is the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass.
Protestants have the preacher's sermon as the center of their Sunday worship...with some Scripture readings.

Our Lord went on a particular day to worship God in the Old Covenant
but you can't put two and two together. And you ignore Christian
history and practice for 2000 years.

Paul stated, they assembled together to worship on the first day of the week, to "break bread", this is the Eucharist.

Only a baby Christian would reply with a comment about "Churches"
built later as an excuse to reject attending Church on Sunday.

I'll help you, call or go to a pastor of a local mainline Protestant Church, Lutheran, Methodist, Baptist, ask him, how do you keep the 3rd Commandment (4th for you all)? He will say, it includes going to Church on Sunday.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 05:42 AM
link   

People can change. Rev. Woodrow did, let us discuss his words here.
What say you? Don't run away....change the subject. Similarities are no
proof. What a waste of time to believe the "pagan" nonsense. Check that
off your list.

When God shows you personally in the Great Warning, it won't be such a shock or prideful denial. I could of had the Real Presence and I settled
for juice and crackers, you'll shake your head...and shout with joy, NO MORE!

_ _ _ _ _

"By this method, the Lord himself would be pagan. The woman called Mystery Babylon had a cup in her hand; the Lord has a cup in his hand (Ps. 75:8). Pagan kings sat on thrones and wore crowns; the Lord sits on a throne and wears a crown (Rev. 1:4; 14:14). Pagans worshiped the sun; the Lord is the "sun of righteousness" (Mal. 4:2). Pagan gods were likened to stars; the Lord is called "the bright morning star" (Rev. 22:16). Pagan gods had temples dedicated to them; the Lord has a temple (Rev. 7:15). Pagan gods were pictured with wings; the Lord is pictured with wings (Ps. 91:4)."

3rd time, where's the discussion on the above? You all keep running
away. Obviously, because it is true.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 06:17 AM
link   

reply to post by colbe

I never said I "keep" the Sabbath. I said the Sabbath is from Friday sundown till Saturday sundown. And it is.

No, church is from the Greek word "Ekklesia", which means "set apart". The church is set apart in God's plan of redemption. The first Christians didn't have churches built yet, they met in houses.

Your "gatherings" means the same.

Yeah I know, that's why I brought it up as an example.

Do you gather with fellow Christians of the same belief on Sunday, the Lord's Day?

Yes, and sometimes also on like a Wednesday, and sometimes we'll also gather on Tuesday for Bible study, and other times we'll gather on different days. All depends on when people can get together. There is no specific day to worship God. We're supposed to worship Him in spirit and in truth 24/7 at all times, in all locations.

Sounds like you don't. Breaking God's Commandment.

Take the plank from your own eye so you can see clearly to remove the mote from mine okay? Going to church is not a commandment, it's a blessing. I really hate when people take blessings in the Bible and make them into commandments. Like, it's not a commandment to read the Word, it's a great blessing to be able to read the Word.

And yes, I go to church. But we're not even talking about that, focus dude.

You pridefully only wish to disobey. Get out of bed some Sunday
and see the Christians going to Church, "gathering" in Church to worship God.

I. Go. To. Church. In. Fact. I. Teach. Pre-K. At. Said. Church. (4-5 year olds)

The highest form of worship is the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass.

No, that's the ritual you worship the most. The highest form of worship is to sit at Jesus' feet, or sing and dance for the Lord, to offer praise at the top of one's lungs, to cry and weep. That's worship. You're talking about rituals and traditions. I worship a risen, Living Savior, not the "Lord Jesus all you can eat buffet to keep yourself in the faith for one more week."

Protestants have the preacher's sermon as the center of their Sunday worship...with some Scripture readings.

No, that would be a "dead" church. One who also worships their rituals and routines. The center of the "worship" service is the part called "praise and worship" that we do first and is twice as long as the preacher preaching the Word part. Between 1 hour and an hour 1/2 for P&W, 40-45 minutes for preacher teaching the Word.

Hey do you even worship Jesus? Now to mention it, you never responded the other two times when I asked you something to the effect of: "Hey, why are you fighting with me, we both love and trust the same Jesus don't we?" You do realize Jesus saved you right?

Paul stated, they assembled together to worship on the first day of the week, to "break bread", this is the Eucharist.

No, they "met" for communion, it actually comes from the Greek word "Koinonia" which is the word used in the text itself.

Only a baby Christian would reply with a comment about "Churches"
built later as an excuse to reject attending Church on Sunday.

Get of your ego trip kid, I've not even talked about my personal church attendance until this post. You can barely follow along with the conversation. You're talking about things I'm not even mentioning.

He will say, it includes going to Church on Sunday.

I don't care what pastors of dead churches tell me, I was told to "come out from her". They have the rituals, but they are "dead", denying the "power" of the Spirit.

edit on 6-3-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 06:24 AM
link   
reply to post by colbe

I have, doesn't take much attention by anyone. I see you have no Church history to confirm or speak of being a Protestant so you keep repeating one man's name, the exact sentence once again. That's it. Sorry buddy, there are libraries full of Catholic history, the full history. Yours began in 1517. You're out.

Dude, you're butting in a conversation I'm having with ATS Member Curious7 about the first emperor of the Roman Empire to make Christianity the official state-religion of said empire. I don't have provide Protestant history for that. It was Constantine's 2nd successor. Constantine only legalized Christianity. It was illegal before that. It was illegal because Christians refused to participate in Caesar worship.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 07:07 AM
link   

reply to post by colbe

Dude, you're butting in a conversation I'm having with ATS Member Curious7 about the first emperor of the Roman Empire to make Christianity the official state-religion of said empire. I don't have provide Protestant history for that. It was Constantine's 2nd successor. Constantine only legalized Christianity. It was illegal before that. It was illegal because Christians refused to participate in Caesar worship.

NTT,

LOL, you just gave your reason for repeating Constantine, there is no
Church history before 1517 concerning Protestantism.

You don't like my questioning your posts. People reply to others comments all the time. I am not butting in.

Christ's Church, the RCC began in 33 A.D. You are stuck on one man
and one thing he did because you think you are safe, maybe, Constantine
isn't Roman Catholic. Foolish Protestants. Love their extensive account history.

Same old one sentence, You can't show early Christian history, actually Christian history up until the 16th century is Protestant because it is Catholic. You reject Catholicism and are left looking foolish. Why don't you read the beliefs of the first Christians? I know why. You would have to become Catholic. So, you stay blind.

Show me, give proof the early Christians were Protestant in belief.
Show they denied the Eucharist. Give proof the first Christians rejected the ministerial priesthood. Post the first Christian's form of "worship" was a preacher's sermon? On what, there was no Bible to reference.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Hi,
I can't reply, including your quote, you cut up every one of my sentences
and wrote a book after each. Protest, protest, protest. There are no more characters left.

Keep a person's post together would you please.

reply to post by colbe

I never said I "keep" the Sabbath. I said the Sabbath is from Friday sundown till Saturday sundown. And it is.

No, church is from the Greek word "Ekklesia", which means "set apart". The church is set apart in God's plan of redemption. The first Christians didn't have churches built yet, they met in houses.

Good, you're not one of those mixed up Messianics, you do go to worship
God on Sunday at Church? Why didn't you say?

Jesus didn't establish a "set apart." There aren't thousands of
Christian "set aparts" all around the world. St. Jerome knew what he
was translating. If he didn't, your "Bible Alone" is errant. Church comes
from the word "assembly" not "set apart."

Second time, try to figure it out. The first Christians met in houses in the beginning before particular buildings were built for worship. The "Church" is a group of like believers who gather together, assemble to worship God keeping God's 3rd Commandment, it has been revealed this assembly of first Christians took place on Sunday, the first day of the week.

_ _ _

This society which Christ instituted He called the Church.

The Greek, ekklesia, and the Latin, ecclesia, translates the Hebrew, qahal, meaning principally, assembly.

In the New Testament, the word occurs 114 times, 3 times in Matthew's Gospel, 23 times in the Acts of the Apostles, 63 times in Paul's epistles, 20 times in Revelation, and 5 times within the other epistles of the Apostles. The term ekklesia, ecclesia, church was used exclusively by the authors of the New testament for the gathering of Christians while the word, synagoge, was reserved to signify the gathering of Jews.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join