It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the author of Babylon Mystery changed his mind....

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by colbe
Comparing similarities between paganism and Catholicism is stupid.

Christianity is not the same as paganism.

Clearly someone is lacking some research to make such claims, Lonewolf pretty much summed it up.

All one has to do is research the origins of 'Christmas' and they will clearly see just how Pagan it really is, that's of course if they can break the Brainwashing spell of the 'Church' to open the eyes to see it.

How about 'Easter'?

How about 'Sun-day' sabbath?

How about the fact that Yahushua('jesus') honored all the Feasts of Torah and so did the Apostles? Instead Christians and Catholics choose to honor days not even mentioned in the Bible let alone honored by the one they claim to believe and follow....Instead they follow traditions created by men.

They follow traditions because the 'Pope' says so and claims to be the 'Vicar to the Son of God' AKA: His replacement which Biblically is unsound....

What about the worship of 'Mary' as an Idol which is Biblically forbidden? That's because 'Mary' represents Ishtar with just a new name given by the Church. Easter is all about Ishtar. That's the thing with the Church they adopted so many Pagan things they had to change the names of them to fool the early believers into buying what they were selling.

Jer 44:23 “Because you have burned incense and because you have sinned against יהוה, and did not obey the voice of יהוה or walk in His Torah, in His laws or in His witnesses, therefore this evil did befall you, as at this day.”
Jer 44:24 And Yirmeyahu said to all the people and to all the women, “Hear the word of יהוה, all Yehuḏah who are in the land of Mitsrayim!
Jer 44:25 “Thus spoke יהוה of hosts, the Elohim of Yisra’ĕl, saying, ‘You and your wives have spoken with your mouths, and have filled with your hands, saying, “We shall perform our vows that we have made, to burn incense to the sovereigness of the heavens and pour out drink offerings to her.” Then confirm your vows and perform your vows!’

Queen of Heaven

Yeah not pagan at all

What about Praying for the dead? Not Biblical either

These 2 verses are why I no longer believe or accept what these men of 'organized religion' have to say especially with the history of corruption and abuse that follows them:

Mat 5:17 “Do not think that I came to destroy the Torah or the Prophets. I did not come to destroy but to complete.
Mat 5:18 “For truly, I say to you, till the heaven and the earth pass away, one jot or one tittle shall by no means pass from the Torah till all be done.(Unless we're in a holographic world now Heaven and Earth still remain which means Torah is still binding contrary to popular misinterpretations of Paul ect.)

Mal 3:6 “For I am יהוה, I shall not change, and you, O sons of Yaʽaqoḇ, shall not come to an end.
Mal 3:7 “From the days of your fathers you have turned aside from My laws and did not guard them. Turn back to Me, and I shall turn back to you,” said יהוה of hosts. “But you said, ‘In what shall we turn back?’

The Church and it's system preach contrary to this. This life is to short to put your trust in men, be your own person and break free from the bondage of Organized Religion that only wishes to divide and brainwash. The original concepts of the Bible have been hi-jacked by ego driven thirst for power men or wolves but the fact remains we have free will to decide but I personally have broken free from them and rely on the brain I was given to think for myself. I hope you find Truth by doing the same, researching is your friend. Shalom

edit on 5-3-2012 by mosheh24 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by mosheh24

How about the fact that Yahushua('jesus') honored all the Feasts of Torah and so did the Apostles?

Thats what i am wondering. I'm a christian but when i found out all this paganism that infiltrated the church, i threw it down. I still believe in Yeshua but i'm working on excorsicing the demons in protestant christianity. By my figuring Yeshua is supposed to be our King and living example, therefore we must do as he would do and do as he did.

Besides i think he would be more than a little angry at seeing people who claim to follow him jerking and jiving to the beat of a pagan god's drum.

Don't get me started on Easter man, i know all about it and it sickens me. I never did Easter anyways, thank Yah for that at least.

Roman Catholics trinity of Father, Mother and Son worship goes all the way back to Nimrod, Semiramis and Tammuz. Family worship, blech. There's only supposed to be one God, not 3 Gods. Worship of 3 God's=Polytheism=Paganism.

Leaves a bad taste in my mouth when i think of it. Like sweaty gym socks.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by mosheh24

Comparing similarities between paganism and Catholicism is stupid.

Christianity is not the same as paganism.

Clearly someone is lacking some research to make such claims, Lonewolf pretty much summed it up.

All one has to do is research the origins of 'Christmas' and they will clearly see just how Pagan it really is, that's of course if they can break the Brainwashing spell of the 'Church' to open the eyes to see it.

How about 'Easter'?

How about 'Sun-day' sabbath?

mosheh,

I'll reply to two of your objections even though they've all been explained multiple times. Hundreds of times...

Believing Christian celebration of Easter, one of the two most honored days in Christianity is proof it is pagan, like the author Woodrow discovered, he said, shows you do not have a brain trying to connect the two together, no offense.

Christians celebrate Our Lord's rising from the dead, yes! It should be celebrated. It has nothing do with paganism. And Our Lord arose on Sunday, as prophesied in Scripture, God wasn't pleased, the Sabbath would be changed. And it happened, to honor Our Lord's Resurrection.

The first followers of Christ, who actually knew Our Lord and their students didn't know what day it was?

Paul slipped up, no. They didn't have the word Sunday. Paul states twice in the Gospel, the first Christians "assembled" to "break bread" -the Eucharist- on the first day of the week. "Assembly" means Church. Hmmm, it all fits.

Catholic Christians (and most mainlined Protestants after the revolt) have assembled on the first day of the week to worship God for 2000 years. Where do they go, the churches and cathedrals dotted here and there, actually found in 99.9% of all cities, towns and villages.

Our Lord's practice was to go to Temple to worship the Father on the Sabbath. Christians follow His example from the Old Covenant, even better, Christians now worship God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit in the New Covenant.

God bless you,

colbe

10 Luke 4:16
And he came to Nazareth, where he was brought up: and he went into the synagogue, according to his custom, on the sabbath day; and he rose up to read.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 03:30 AM
link   
reply to post by colbe

The definitive book on the matter is "A Woman Rides the Beast" by Dave Hunt. And "Mystery babylon" is not just Catholicism, it's any religious institution that originated from occultic Babylon. Modeled after their "father, son, queen of heaven" model after Nimrod, Tammuz, and Simiramus. When the Babylonians were captured by the Medes and Persians the pagan priests went to Pergamus, when Greece conqured then went to Athens and taught Greek mythology, when conqured by Rome they went to Rome and taught the same stuff to Rome. When Constantine's 2nd successor made Christianity the state religion of Rome the pagan priests on the government payroll removed their amulets and charms and put on crosses and kept teaching the same dogma just with a Christian flair.

Now instead of Nimrod, Tammuz, and Simaramus the Catholic Church has "The Father, the Son, and Mother Mary".

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 04:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by colbe

The definitive book on the matter is "A Woman Rides the Beast" by Dave Hunt. And "Mystery babylon" is not just Catholicism, it's any religious institution that originated from occultic Babylon. Modeled after their "father, son, queen of heaven" model after Nimrod, Tammuz, and Simiramus. When the Babylonians were captured by the Medes and Persians the pagan priests went to Pergamus, when Greece conqured then went to Athens and taught Greek mythology, when conqured by Rome they went to Rome and taught the same stuff to Rome. When Constantine's 2nd successor made Christianity the state religion of Rome the pagan priests on the government payroll removed their amulets and charms and put on crosses and kept teaching the same dogma just with a Christian flair.

Now instead of Nimrod, Tammuz, and Simaramus the Catholic Church has "The Father, the Son, and Mother Mary".

NTT,

Your two sentence history of Christianity makes me laugh. Protestants constantly repeat the same using one man's name only because there is no Protestant history until 1517! Like no one realizes...

And you still can't figure, where is the "ministerial priesthood" in Protestantism? A priest offers sacrifice. Where is the "continual sacrifice"
offered in Protestant New Covenant Christianity?

Not very "definitive", Dave Hunts book says the same as Woodrow's
book only Woodrow won't take a dime now because he realizes he was
wrong. tee hee...

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 04:22 AM
link   

reply to post by colbe

Oh my gosh, it's not two, it's one sentence. Oops, you forgot in your
extensive history, a crucifix is Catholic, a "cross" is Protestant. Another
way to distance themselves from the faith. Rather insulting to Christ.

There is not power in the empty cross. Obvious reasons, God wants
us to remember Our Lord's great sacrifice.

Sticking with "Catholicism is pagan" while Protestants accept some of Catholicism. Very little but still they do, they must. You make the Bible
a Catholic book, your authority!! The biggest goofs....

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 04:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by The GUT
Yeah, I'll stay out of the Catholic/Paganism debate.

I will ask you, as a fellow believer, do you think the Catholic Church is a reflection of the first century church? I don't think so.

The average Catholic is a very good person willing to help others. I personally think Catholics are Christians, although I know quite a few "Christians" who believe otherwise.

On the other hand I think some--or even all--of the Popes and other "leaders" are in some very real danger come judgement day.

Then again, so am I barring mercy.

Your zealouness is admirable, Colbe, but you don't seem all that familiar with the Bible when it comes to Catholicism and your eagerness to accept some modern folk as Prophets.

There is a saying which is seemingly true and applicable for most people with enormes ....or little power.......,no matter what religion or social status.

Power Corrupts

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 07:16 AM
link   

reply to post by colbe

NTT,

Your two sentence history of Christianity makes me laugh. Protestants constantly repeat the same using one man's name only because there is no Protestant history until 1517! Like no one realizes...

Because for most of the time the RCC never let the common man have the Word of God to read for themselves? There is plenty of Protestant history before Constantine's 2nd successor made Christianity the state religion of the Roman Empire. Read the works of the church fathers, and apostolic fathers prior to 300 AD.

And you still can't figure, where is the "ministerial priesthood" in Protestantism? A priest offers sacrifice. Where is the "continual sacrifice"
offered in Protestant New Covenant Christianity?

Christ is our High Priest, and we don't need a continual sacrifice because His sacrifice at Calvary was complete.

Not very "definitive", Dave Hunts book says the same as Woodrow's
book only Woodrow won't take a dime now because he realizes he was
wrong. tee hee...

And yes, Dave Hunt's book "A Woman Rides the Beast" is the definitive book tracing Mystery Babylon back to occultic Babylon. Even infant baptism goes back to Nimrod and Tammuz worship.

edit on 5-3-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by colbe

Oh my gosh, it's not two, it's one sentence. Oops, you forgot in your
extensive history, a crucifix is Catholic, a "cross" is Protestant. Another
way to distance themselves from the faith. Rather insulting to Christ.

Wow, now I have heard everything. Having a bare cross is an insult to Christ? How so? He's not still hanging on that cross today, He's off of it and seated upon His throne.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by colbe

Christians celebrate Our Lord's rising from the dead, yes! It should be celebrated. It has nothing do with paganism. And Our Lord arose on Sunday, as prophesied in Scripture, God wasn't pleased, the Sabbath would be changed. And it happened, to honor Our Lord's Resurrection

Nowhere in the bible does it say Jesus changed the Sabbath from Saturday to Sunday. Youre stating your own opinion as fact and that is conjecture. Youre taking this from when the apostles saw him the day he arose they fell down and worshipped him, but this was from the joy of seeing him risen and alive, not because he changed the sabbath.

Exodus 31:12-18, "And the Lord spake unto Moses, saying, Speak thou also unto the children of Israel, [the children of Israel here have the meaning of the blood descendants of Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, the twelve tribes, literally], "saying, Verily My Sabbaths ye shall keep: FOR IT IS A SIGN BETWEEN ME AND YOU THROUGHOUT YOUR GENERATIONS.

This Sabbath he gave to the house of Israel to set them apart from the other nations. When Christ purchased you with his blood by your belief in him you were adopted into the royal family making you brothers and sisters and not slaves to them. If you make the Messiah your King, then you should do as he did, and follow his ways, not the ways of the pagans. Yeshua celebrated the jewish feastdays. In fact early christians kept the Saturday Sabbath until around 325 A.D. when Constantine and Eusebius changed it to Sunday worship and put it into law. For 300+ years christians both jew and gentile worshipped and kept the Saturday sabbath. They did not celebrate the birth of Mithra on December 25th, they didn't celebrate the birth of the Messiah period because his death was what was important, his death and resurrection. Before Pope Gregory instituted the Gregorian Calendar that we have now Christians celebrated their holidays on the same days the jewish feastdays fell on. Yeshua was crucified on Nisan 16 (april 1 or 3) and on that night was the eve passover in which the Paschal Feast began. The Gregorian Calendar shifted our holidays over about a week and our holidays landed on pagan festivals because thats what the Popes pretending to be melchizidek wanted.

Ofcourse i put all this on my first post that you ignore because you refuse to see the truth and so doing you bind yourself up in lies and wed yourself to Satan. You cannot serve other elohim and serve El at the same time he will not accept this and he tells you this in the Torah (5 books of Moses). El is unchanging, having a new book and Yeshua's sacrifice does not change his ways. The whole point of Repenting is to turn from your wicked ways and no longer sin, not relentlessly keep sinning because youre too stubborn to see whats been put in front of your face by someone who loves you enough to show you the truth as opposed to letting you perish in ignorance. If you do not believe me fine, do your own research but for the love of God stop accepting what your priests tell you like it from the mouth of God.
edit on 5-3-2012 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by colbe

Here's my take on it though.

I've mentioned before that I personally have never been brought up in a religion and hate organised religion with a passion and that my current gf is a devoted Catholic but even she agrees with a lot of what I've said about religion because, as I explained to her, I'd rather not follow one religion and instead take the good information from EVERY religion, old and new, to form a better understanding of what God really wants from us.

Like I told you, continue to follow the Catholic faith, I'm certainly not stopping you but I hate those who try to convert others to their faith without giving it much thought that we were all born with free will and that God would rather we make our own choices than be bullied into joining a religion or sect.

That's the biggest problem religion has, I see it in real life as well as on ATS a lot more than I'd care to.

There is no such thing as a "true religion". Just a true faith.

This person mentioned in your OP converting from Judaism into Catholicism, I wouldn't count that as some great victory for your section of religion but more a personal victory for himself to be able to gain more knowledge than he would by staying in the same group of believers his whole life.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
reply to post by colbe

Christians celebrate Our Lord's rising from the dead, yes! It should be celebrated. It has nothing do with paganism. And Our Lord arose on Sunday, as prophesied in Scripture, God wasn't pleased, the Sabbath would be changed. And it happened, to honor Our Lord's Resurrection

Nowhere in the bible does it say Jesus changed the Sabbath from Saturday to Sunday. Youre stating your own opinion as fact and that is conjecture. Youre taking this from when the apostles saw him the day he arose they fell down and worshipped him, but this was from the joy of seeing him risen and alive, not because he changed the sabbath.

Exodus 31:12-18, "And the Lord spake unto Moses, saying, Speak thou also unto the children of Israel, [the children of Israel here have the meaning of the blood descendants of Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, the twelve tribes, literally], "saying, Verily My Sabbaths ye shall keep: FOR IT IS A SIGN BETWEEN ME AND YOU THROUGHOUT YOUR GENERATIONS.

This Sabbath he gave to the house of Israel to set them apart from the other nations. When Christ purchased you with his blood by your belief in him you were adopted into the royal family making you brothers and sisters and not slaves to them. If you make the Messiah your King, then you should do as he did, and follow his ways, not the ways of the pagans. Yeshua celebrated the jewish feastdays. In fact early christians kept the Saturday Sabbath until around 325 A.D. when Constantine and Eusebius changed it to Sunday worship and put it into law. For 300+ years christians both jew and gentile worshipped and kept the Saturday sabbath. They did not celebrate the birth of Mithra on December 25th, they didn't celebrate the birth of the Messiah period because his death was what was important, his death and resurrection. Before Pope Gregory instituted the Gregorian Calendar that we have now Christians celebrated their holidays on the same days the jewish feastdays fell on. Yeshua was crucified on Nisan 16 (april 1 or 3) and on that night was the eve passover in which the Paschal Feast began. The Gregorian Calendar shifted our holidays over about a week and our holidays landed on pagan festivals because thats what the Popes pretending to be melchizidek wanted.

Ofcourse i put all this on my first post that you ignore because you refuse to see the truth and so doing you bind yourself up in lies and wed yourself to Satan. You cannot serve other elohim and serve El at the same time he will not accept this and he tells you this in the Torah (5 books of Moses). El is unchanging, having a new book and Yeshua's sacrifice does not change his ways. The whole point of Repenting is to turn from your wicked ways and no longer sin, not relentlessly keep sinning because youre too stubborn to see whats been put in front of your face by someone who loves you enough to show you the truth as opposed to letting you perish in ignorance. If you do not believe me fine, do your own research but for the love of God stop accepting what your priests tell you like it from the mouth of God.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   

reply to post by colbe

Jesus said "do all that I command of you." The Apostles got it wrong, no!

The first Christians knew what they were doing, you reject it. And your
excuse above while you acknowledge the Sabbath was changed. We are in the New Covenant. Things were changed by Christ, made better, oh the love and grace of God. The Sabbath is now called the Lord's Day. Christians gather in assembly on Sunday to keep the Lord's Day, to worship God, keeping His Commandment.

Wake up. You can change L.W. We're not in the Old Covenant and held to Jewish belief. Jesus made things "new."

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   

reply to post by curious7

"I wasn't mocking at all, I'm just trying to show you that you're completely wrong. You can believe in Catholicism, that's fine, good for you. Just like others can believe in Judaism, Islam, Scientology, whatever speaks to them best."

Curious7,

I apologize to you. "Mocking" was not the right word. I felt "hell bent" was harsh. Your words underlined...

Relativism is believing whatever a person finds to be true, is true. How
is that? God's revealed one plan so all those personal beliefs amount
to zip. They might contain a tiny bit of God's plan for His creation by
why accept so little? You are limited, waylaid, so you could easily lose your soul.

The world has gone so far away from God that He in this time will attempt
to bring us back to Him. Prophecy does not say Our Lord is
returning "soon" to tell the world, all is fine, you can believe what you want. And imagine Protestantism...which of the 38,000 sects in Protestantism is Christ going to reveal to the world to be His true Church?

Nonsense, a house divided falls. Prophecy, Scripture, the saints are explicit about God's end time plan. The Protestant prophetic is gently
preparing our brothers and sisters, if God spelled it out to them now,
they pridefully would reject their own prophecy. It has to be something major and it's going to be. It's the Second Pentecost but worldwide this time.

I am saying....that's what the messages, Protestant and Catholic state.

Is God absolute or not? Are His words absolute or not? If God is absolute truth, then no man can determine what those interpretations are because man is not absolute. Pope Benedict did away with Limbo, even though Limbo was once considered absolute. So therefore, the Catholic system does not speak to absolutes and cannot administer absolutes.

The Catholic church simply tells you it is the truth, and the Catholic bishops, archbishops and popes merely hold people within a non-absolute, keeping the followers from experiencing the absolute knowledge of God Himself.

The Catholic system is not, nor has it ever been, nor will it ever be an outward expression of God, because to have an outward expression, you must have an inward experience. Does Christ dwell within you as He has said He will? Christ said, He will abide in us, and we in Him. If you say the Eucharist is an outward expression by transubstantiation, then you fail to grasp the concept of Christ abiding within you, the believer. Christ does not abide in the Eucharist, it is eaten and consumed then passed through the body. Therefore, it is not an abiding, and is against the very teaching of Christ Himself.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by WarminIndy

"I wasn't mocking at all, I'm just trying to show you that you're completely wrong. You can believe in Catholicism, that's fine, good for you. Just like others can believe in Judaism, Islam, Scientology, whatever speaks to them best."

Curious7,

I apologize to you. "Mocking" was not the right word. I felt "hell bent" was harsh. Your words underlined...

why accept so little? You are limited, waylaid, so you could easily lose your soul.

returning "soon" to tell the world, all is fine, you can believe what you want. And imagine Protestantism...which of the 38,000 sects in Protestantism is Christ going to reveal to the world to be His true Church?

Nonsense, a house divided falls. Prophecy, Scripture, the saints are explicit about God's end time plan. The Protestant prophetic is gently
they pridefully would reject their own prophecy. It has to be something major and it's going to be. It's the Second Pentecost but worldwide this time.

Is God absolute or not? Are His words absolute or not? If God is absolute truth, then no man can determine what those interpretations are because man is not absolute. Pope Benedict did away with Limbo, even though Limbo was once considered absolute. So therefore, the Catholic system does not speak to absolutes and cannot administer absolutes.

The Catholic church simply tells you it is the truth, and the Catholic bishops, archbishops and popes merely hold people within a non-absolute, keeping the followers from experiencing the absolute knowledge of God Himself.

The Catholic system is not, nor has it ever been, nor will it ever be an outward expression of God, because to have an outward expression, you must have an inward experience. Does Christ dwell within you as He has said He will? Christ said, He will abide in us, and we in Him. If you say the Eucharist is an outward expression by transubstantiation, then you fail to grasp the concept of Christ abiding within you, the believer. Christ does not abide in the Eucharist, it is eaten and consumed then passed through the body. Therefore, it is not an abiding, and is against the very teaching of Christ Himself.

WarminIndy,

Why are you bringing up the Eucharist and your denial that the RCC is and proclaims she is the true faith, the one and only Church Jesus established? You're Protestant that's why. Stay on topic. You can't cause you see in the OP the anti-Catholic author realized the Truth.

The thread is about dispelling the Protestant objection, the faith, the RCC is pagan based.

Discuss the Scriptural (Bible Alone...tee hee) examples Woodrow gave instead.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   

reply to post by colbe

Exodus 31:12-18, "And the Lord spake unto Moses, saying, Speak thou also unto the children of Israel, [the children of Israel here have the meaning of the blood descendants of Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, the twelve tribes, literally], "saying, Verily My Sabbaths ye shall keep: FOR IT IS A SIGN BETWEEN ME AND YOU THROUGHOUT YOUR GENERATIONS. This Sabbath he gave to the house of Israel to set them apart from the other nations. When Christ purchased you with his blood by your belief in him you were adopted into the royal family making you brothers and sisters and not slaves to them. If you make the Messiah your King, then you should do as he did, and follow his ways, not the ways of the pagans. Yeshua celebrated the jewish feastdays. In fact early christians kept the Saturday Sabbath until around 325 A.D. when Constantine and Eusebius changed it to Sunday worship and put it into law. For 300+ years christians both jew and gentile worshipped and kept the Saturday sabbath. They did not celebrate the birth of Mithra on December 25th, they didn't celebrate the birth of the Messiah period because his death was what was important, his death and resurrection. Before Pope Gregory instituted the Gregorian Calendar that we have now Christians celebrated their holidays on the same days the jewish feastdays fell on. Yeshua was crucified on Nisan 16 (april 1 or 3) and on that night was the eve passover in which the Paschal Feast began. The Gregorian Calendar shifted our holidays over about a week and our holidays landed on pagan festivals because thats what the Popes pretending to be melchizidek wanted. Ofcourse i put all this on my first post that you ignore because you refuse to see the truth and so doing you bind yourself up in lies and wed yourself to Satan. You cannot serve other elohim and serve El at the same time he will not accept this and he tells you this in the Torah (5 books of Moses). El is unchanging, having a new book and Yeshua's sacrifice does not change his ways. The whole point of Repenting is to turn from your wicked ways and no longer sin, not relentlessly keep sinning because youre too stubborn to see whats been put in front of your face by someone who loves you enough to show you the truth as opposed to letting you perish in ignorance. If you do not believe me fine, do your own research but for the love of God stop accepting what your priests tell you like it from the mouth of God.

Sorry, strange, this post, it shows the underlined are my words, they are not.

colbe

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Curious7,

WarminIndy,

Why are you bringing up the Eucharist and your denial that the RCC is and proclaims she is the true faith, the one and only Church Jesus established? You're Protestant that's why. Stay on topic. You can't cause you see in the OP the anti-Catholic author realized the Truth.

The thread is about dispelling the Protestant objection, the faith, the RCC is pagan based.

Discuss the Scriptural (Bible Alone...tee hee) examples Woodrow gave instead.

Jesus never established the Catholic church. That is something you will have to understand. I deny the RCC, because it has not taught several things Jesus taught.

Jesus taught we must be born again, that does not mean we simply convert to a different religion. Jesus taught that the believer must have Christ abiding in Him, not to let the Church dictate to you an outward expression of which she herself does not embrace inwardly.

Does the Church leadership and fathers teach you to follow Christ inwardly? Has that ever been a teaching of the Church? No, it has never been taught by the Church, so therefore, every rite, sacrament, alm, feast day and holiday has no expression whatsoever of Christ abiding with each believer. The Church teaches you to follow the Church outwardly, it has taken the role for you, thereby denying YOU the experience of knowing God inwardly, in intimate relationship. YOU are who Christ desires to abide in. Christ stands at YOUR door, knocking, to come in unto YOU to have fellowship with YOU, inwardly. Don't let the Church keep this truth from you.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   

The Catholic system is not, nor has it ever been, nor will it ever be an outward expression of God, because to have an outward expression, you must have an inward experience. Does Christ dwell within you as He has said He will? Christ said, He will abide in us, and we in Him. If you say the Eucharist is an outward expression by transubstantiation, John 6:57 He that eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, abideth in me, and I in him., the believer. Christ does not abide in the Eucharist, it is eaten and consumed then passed through the body. Therefore, it is not an abiding, and is against the very teaching of Christ Himself.

The above, a non-Catholic telling everyone what the Church teaches. I have to reply.

Limbo is not dogma, the Pope is not in error. Some things of God are mysterious, the Church is not "absolute" on every subject. She is about what is important for your soul. Jesus is absolute and the Church the same for 2000 years about His presence in the Eucharist. The Eucharist is the pinnacle of the faith. This is how He abides in us and we in Him. The Eucharist is the greatest means to eternal life and you are "dead" without it. Oh did you get "abiding" wrong. Read John 6:53-57.

If you look in your Bible, you will see Jesus established a hierarchy with Peter as leader of the flock. The word bishop is there in the Gospel. Too bad, it's not Godly, Protestants have changed their translations, replacing the word "priest' will elder. They actually believe no one notices. Presbyter means "priest", that's what St. Jerome translated from the original writings. Protestants accept the ministerial priesthood in the Old Covenant and reject Jesus established a ministerial priesthood in the New Covenant.

You are not seeing, how "inward" can you get than to receive Jesus Christ Himself, body, blood, soul and divinity into your very person?

I am trying to help you change, hoping you will come to the fullness of Truth. The Remnant is Roman Catholic. Have you shared, I forgot, were you baptized Roman Catholic?

love,

colbe

John 6:57
He that eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, abideth in me, and I in him.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by WarminIndy

Exactly.

Jesus couldn't set up the Roman Catholic church because it was established by a Roman Emperor several hundred years after Jesus' purported death because said Emperor (forget the name right now) was the first to follow the brand new religion of Christianity instead of the traditional Roman religion with several gods and goddesses and made it law to follow Christianity with his own rules on how it should be followed and worshipped.

That'd be like me establishing the Church of Holy Armchairs and saying that Jesus started it while taking on the same Pagan traditions that every other religion in history has save for those that began in China, Japan and India.

As I said before colbe, continue to follow Catholicism because it obviously helps you in your own life but please don't further embarrass yourself by claiming that it is the only "real" religion because no religion can ever lay claim to that.

You seem like a good if misguided man but all you and everybody else needs is faith.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   

John 6:57
He that eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, abideth in me, and I in him.

Is that indicative of any intimate relationship that Christ wants with each believer in Him? Yes, you do take communion, as a remembrance. But the abiding is simply more than just "Hey, I think I will express my faith today and go take communion, but during the week I will deny Jesus in my deeds and actions".

It is ineffectual and not truly abiding in you when you fail to walk according to the Spirit in which you must have in you. To take communion and then perpetually sin, knowing you sin, is not what Jesus died. Either His body and blood are perpetually abiding in you, or you don't have Him abiding in you at all. To simply eat a wafer and drink wine, it is not enough. You must have Him inwardly. Follow God after the inward man. When a sinner administers the Eucharist, they administer death, because of their sin. You know this is true. When a man who has sin in him, administers the eucharist, he is administering death because not only does he offer it, the one who takes it, takes it unworthily.

Has that priest been born again of the Spirit? Does he have the inward dwelling of the Spirit? If he is a sinner, then no, he does not.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join