It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the author of Babylon Mystery changed his mind....

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by colbe

I understand it completely... i just don't believe in it...

IF "the flesh profiteth nothing"... why would he give his flesh to you in that ritual?

Its meant for rememberence of him as NotYourTypical suggested... Taking part in said ritual doesn't change ones "faith"... and as i've stated, IF said ritual was so spiritually overwhelming... There would be no conversions from your religion...

Its just logic my friend... believe whatever you like though.

I have issues ALL forms of religion so no need to be upset... Its not like im singling yours out, this just happens to be your thread.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by 547000

He taught His disciples to have the Eucharist, and His apostles taught their successors

You have it backwards.

His apostles were the main men....the disciples were not as special. There were like 70-some "disciples".....
He had only the 12 (or however many) apostles.....his middle managers. The "disciples" were the lower tier..they went out to preach....
but they were like "supervisors" or "messengers". They were decidedly NOT equal to the apostles.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by colbe

I am done. You mock the faith, the Eucharist again because you understand nothing about it.

colbe! So, you're a quitter?
Perhaps some people understand a lot about it....and have studied the "alternative" texts that show that your beliefs are, well, ......
very insular.
Can't you just open your mind? Just, open it? For even one day?

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes
reply to post by 547000

He taught His disciples to have the Eucharist, and His apostles taught their successors

You have it backwards.

His apostles were the main men....the disciples were not as special. There were like 70-some "disciples".....
He had only the 12 (or however many) apostles.....his middle managers. The "disciples" were the lower tier..they went out to preach....
but they were like "supervisors" or "messengers". They were decidedly NOT equal to the apostles.

Close Wild.

"Apostles" are church starters and ambassadors. The disciples became apostles when given the command to spread the gospel to the ends of the Earth. Yes, there were many disciples, only 12 though that were in His "war cabinet" basically. And even of the twelve there were only three (Peter, James, and John) who were considered the "inner-circle".

edit on 14-3-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Its meant for rememberence of him as NotYourTypical suggested...

Hey now, don't put that on me!! LOL, Jesus said that, I just repeated it.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by colbe

What's keeping you from the Eucharist then?

What kept the thief on the cross from needing it also? Christ said he would be with Him that very day in paradise. He wasn't baptized, he never took the eucharist. He just trusted Jesus. He just believed He was who He said He was, kinda why he called Him "Lord".

Since we both know that "God is NOT a respecter of persons", how can God require one thing from person A for salvation (Jesus + faith) and another thing from person B (Jesus + faith + baptism + Eucharist + the rosary + confession + infinity)? Is it because, as the Bible says, faith has always been counted for righteousness, even in the days before and during the Law?

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes
reply to post by colbe

I am done. You mock the faith, the Eucharist again because you understand nothing about it.

colbe! So, you're a quitter?
Perhaps some people understand a lot about it....and have studied the "alternative" texts that show that your beliefs are, well, ......
very insular.
Can't you just open your mind? Just, open it? For even one day?

You make me smile. I like you wildtimes even though we differ.

colbe

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 02:15 AM
link   
We just have to notice the Eucharistic miracles like hosts bleeding, turning into flesh, etc. That's simple a sign that His words are true. They are His blood and body.

Now someone is going to bring up "the Devil did it" in his/her heart. Way to blaspheme the Holy Spirit.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 02:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by colbe

What's keeping you from the Eucharist then?

What kept the thief on the cross from needing it also? Christ said he would be with Him that very day in paradise. He wasn't baptized, he never took the eucharist. He just trusted Jesus. He just believed He was who He said He was, kinda why he called Him "Lord".

Since we both know that "God is NOT a respecter of persons", how can God require one thing from person A for salvation (Jesus + faith) and another thing from person B (Jesus + faith + baptism + Eucharist + the rosary + confession + infinity)? Is it because, as the Bible says, faith has always been counted for righteousness, even in the days before and during the Law?

You remind me of my brothers, if you were in the room, I would just
shake you, it might help (humor).

You give the one famous example of St. Dismus on the cross. He showed
faith in his great pain, he recognized God and desired to be with Our Lord in Heaven. Jesus is God, our earthly rules don't apply to Him. He was
touched by the good thief's actions, as Dismus was dying. This one of
the three types of baptism, the baptism of desire. The other two,
water baptism and baptism by blood, martyrdom.

Protestants forever stick with God only requires that we believe He is
the Savior. No. The easy way, Jesus said do all that I command
of you. He was explicit about receiving the Eucharist John 6:53.

Our judgment, God looks at what we know, you've heard it NTT, you know
now, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink His blood,
you have no life in you. You have been evangelized concerning the pinnacle of the faith, the most Holy Eucharist.

p.s. See the English version of the first Bible. There is a footnote. Our Lord said paradise not Heaven. Dismus went to the place all the saints including beloved St. Joseph were confined, a paradise, waiting for their redemption.

www.drbo.org...

Luke 23:43 And Jesus said to him: Amen I say to thee, this day thou shalt be with me in paradise.

[43] In paradise: That is, in the happy state of rest, joy, and peace everlasting. Christ was pleased, by a special privilege, to reward the faith and confession of the penitent thief, with a full discharge of all his sins, both as to the guilt and punishment; and to introduce him immediately after death into the happy society of the saints, whose limbo, that is, the place of their confinement, was now made a paradise by our Lord's going thither.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by 547000
We just have to notice the Eucharistic miracles like hosts bleeding, turning into flesh, etc. That's simple a sign that His words are true. They are His blood and body.

Now someone is going to bring up "the Devil did it" in his/her heart. Way to blaspheme the Holy Spirit.

I'll post this Eucharistic miracle tested by science which took place
in Argentina a few years ago. It's compelling to watch, the Scientist
explains. There are miracles within miracles and another that takes
you back centuries....all connected.

There are 800,000 + views. Take the time to watch, God can do anything, He prefers though if you show faith without the miracles.

Tell me what you think. Hi 547000.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 02:50 AM
link   
I think it is amazing that, despite the evidence, people refuse to accept the truth. I also think God is merciful. I was one of those people who just could not accept the supernatural. I prayed for an experience so I would know and I received such an experience.

It's not enough to boldly claim to love the truth. To love it, you have to leave things which aren't true. Even if it is uncomfortable.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 02:55 AM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

His disciples left because of His teaching.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 02:58 AM
link   
reply to post by colbe

Don't you think... IF a cracker miraculously turned into a "heart muscle" which was actually alive and beating...

It would have been world news... on both scientific and religious venues?

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 03:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

No it wouldn't because the world hates the truth and censors it. Why isn't the Ivory Coast manifestation of Mary in world news? It is easier to shut your eyes and pretend everyone is a liar or delusional.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon
reply to post by colbe

IF "the flesh profiteth nothing"... why would he give his flesh to you in that ritual?

Its meant for rememberence of him as NotYourTypical suggested... Taking part in said ritual doesn't change ones "faith"... and as i've stated, IF said ritual was so spiritually overwhelming... There would be no conversions from your religion...

I have issues ALL forms of religion so no need to be upset... Its not like im singling yours out, this just happens to be your thread.

I just saw this, okay, fine, I won't take it personal. I'll try again. Akragon,
you have to go beyond logic to faith.

Jesus says it is totally Him, all of Him, how can you accept such a thing but by faith. You can't in the natural. The consecrated host (after the priest's words of consecration), you don't see a change but the sacred host which is the bread and the wine have been TOTALLY changed to God by God.

Actually to receive Him, Our Lord in the Eucharist, think of it!! God in
you. Think of the grace, God wishes this, His presence in you helps you
to be holy and isn't it a battle every moment? Yes. God always helping us...He is the humble one.

Akragon, NOTurTypical and everyone reading this who are doubters, remember, remember, remember.

The Great Warning could be this year.

love,

colbe

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 03:11 AM
link   
reply to post by 547000

Theres a rather large difference between an apparition.... and a cracker turning into a living specimen.

That is something that would get world attention... by both the religous and scientific community... IF it was true.

Especially considering who this tissue is supposed to belong to...

Im sorry, i think you guys are dreaming

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 03:14 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 03:21 AM
link   

reply to post by colbe

...Jesus means in man's way of thinking. For a thorough explanation,
the footnote in Scripture.... www.drbo.org...

[64] The flesh profiteth nothing: Dead flesh separated from the spirit, in the gross manner they supposed they were to eat his flesh, would profit nothing. Neither doth man's flesh, that is to say, man's natural and carnal apprehension, (which refuses to be subject to the spirit, and words of Christ,) profit any thing. But it would be the height of blasphemy, to say the living flesh of Christ (which we receive in the blessed sacrament, with his spirit, that is, with his soul and divinity) profiteth nothing. For if Christ's flesh had profited us nothing, he would never have taken flesh for us, nor died in the flesh for us.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 03:23 AM
link   

reply to post by 547000

Theres a rather large difference between an apparition.... and a cracker turning into a living specimen.

That is something that would get world attention... by both the religous and scientific community... IF it was true.

Especially considering who this tissue is supposed to belong to...

Im sorry, i think you guys are dreaming

Does this mean you watched the Eucharistic miracle Youtube Akragon?

Wow!!!

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 05:11 AM
link   
As usual secularists and pagans cannot believe. Read the stupid comments.

A group of rationalists complained about the matter in 2008, and called on authorities to investigate if a murder or other crime was involved if human flesh was indeed found on the wafer. Police say they have no evidence of any crime.

See what happens Akragon? Humans are very stubborn. If they wish not to believe they will not believe. Even if the Vatican affirmed it people would still call it a lie or a trick of some sort.

I will tell you this: the reality of hell is a stumbling block for modern people. It's easier to make up false spirituality than submit to the truth of hell.
edit on 15-3-2012 by 547000 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join