It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

the author of Babylon Mystery changed his mind....

page: 18
4
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by 547000
 


Jesus said to do it to remember Him. It's to remember His sacrifice and shed blood of the new covenant.


Can you show me a single verse in the NT where Paul is instructing people that communion is a requirement for salvation? Romans 10 is the chapter on salvation, along with 1 Corinthians chapter 15. Any mention of communion there?

You asked for a verse that shows "communion" ie: the "Eucharist" is a requirement for salvation and I gave you Jesus' words and you come
back with, this verse is not true because Jesus was speaking in
parable. What? Read His words, how are they a parable?

Forget your nonsense about pharisees, it's a diversion. How
are Our Lord's very plain words He has shared more than once in
the Gospel a parable?

They're as plain as day!!!! Bread and crackers are not Our Lord's body and blood, the Eucharist is...


Jesus said:
John 6:55
He that eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath everlasting life: and I will raise him up in the last day.




posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 07:14 AM
link   
It's all PO, Protestants will not look at the true meaning of Scripture as
given by the Church for 2000 years.

Protestants drive me crazy. History shows the Apostolic Fathers believed
and confected the most Holy Eucharist. The Protestant rejection of the
Eucharist came about because they have no ministerial priesthood in rejecting totally the authority of the Church. And another "block", they
will talk of a ministerial priesthood in the Old Covenant and ignore the
verses in the Gospel about the priests and bishops in the New Covenant.

They're left with zip and then have the gall to take the Catholic Bible and call it their new authority! It just makes you laugh....not really, it's sad.

Remember, to be deep in history is to cease to be Protestant.

Remember, the Great Warning will enlighten our dear brothers and
sisters in Christ. They will...not all...finally "see" and come to the faith.



colbe



posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical
 

Okay, can we just forget the shroud?


Here is my comment on the shroud: click on this thumbnail.
This is me at the door to the Cathedral of John the Baptist, at Turin, the home of the shroud.
I imagined at the moment this picture was taken, that at that instant, I was the happiest person in the world.
Go to this spot and listen to see if you hear the voice of Jesus, then come back and tell me if you think it is real.
edit on 14-3-2012 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)



posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60
 


I think my words are being misunderstood. I myself think the Shroud of Turin is legit. I'm just saying it being real or not real isn't important to my faith. It's cool if it's His, but if it's not oh well. The Shroud being real or not has nothing to do with my trust in Christ. It's not a pillar of my faith.



posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by colbe
 


I asked about Paul. You didn't provide a single verse from Paul from either Romans 10 or 1 Corinthians 15. Do you think Paul is ignorant to what men need to believe to be saved?

Secondly, you showed me John 6:55, but you don't care at all that in John 6:52 Jesus is addressing "the Jews". (Scribes & Pharisees)

Jesus explains the bread and wine to His 12 disciples during the Last Supper. (Matthew 26:28)



posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical
 

I think my words are being misunderstood. I myself think the Shroud of Turin is legit. I'm just saying it being real or not real isn't important to my faith. It's cool if it's His, but if it's not oh well. The Shroud being real or not has nothing to do with my trust in Christ. It's not a pillar of my faith.
I think if someone thinks it's real, then it is real to them.
It could be that there is some sort of spirit attached to it, even if it was not "real". My point is that you have to get sort of close to it at least. Of course I did not see it, since they only bring it out on rare occasions, but just being within feet of it made me feel something.
edit on 14-3-2012 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)



posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60
 


I envy your trip to the lands mentioned in the Bible for sure, how cool. And if it's real for some that's fine, I think it's real too, but my faith doesn't rest on that is what I'm saying.



posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical
 

I envy your trip to the lands mentioned in the Bible for sure, how cool. And if it's real for some that's fine, I think it's real too, but my faith doesn't rest on that is what I'm saying.
Well, Rome is in the Bible.
I flew from Miami to Rome on Air Italia, then flew from there to Milan, and took the train from there to Turin.
Committing yourself to the trip I am sure affects you to where it is impossible to be totally objective.



posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60
 



Well, Rome is in the Bible.


Correct, I'd still like to see not only Rome, but all the lands mentioned in the Bible. I've never been outside the continental United States.



posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by colbe
 


I asked about Paul. You didn't provide a single verse from Paul from either Romans 10 or 1 Corinthians 15. Do you think Paul is ignorant to what men need to believe to be saved?

Secondly, you showed me John 6:55, but you don't care at all that in John 6:52 Jesus is addressing "the Jews". (Scribes & Pharisees)

Jesus explains the bread and wine to His 12 disciples during the Last Supper. (Matthew 26:28)


This is your comeback....tee hee.

Our Lord's very words trump Paul's words. Anyone with a brain, doesn't even take faith, agrees.

Correct, Our Lord changes the bread and wine into His body and
blood. You receive Christ Himself! It's supernatural. You refuse to
believe, you are disobedient. Pride too, you're not going to change.

I suggest you ask Our Lord in prayer.

One more, Back to your excuse of Jesus was speaking to the Pharisees so Jesus stating "This is My body" is a parable. Wrongo!!!
to both and ridiculous.



posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60
reply to post by NOTurTypical
 

I think my words are being misunderstood. I myself think the Shroud of Turin is legit. I'm just saying it being real or not real isn't important to my faith. It's cool if it's His, but if it's not oh well. The Shroud being real or not has nothing to do with my trust in Christ. It's not a pillar of my faith.
I think if someone thinks it's real, then it is real to them.
It could be that there is some sort of spirit attached to it, even if it was not "real". My point is that you have to get sort of close to it at least. Of course I did not see it, since they only bring it out on rare occasions, but just being within feet of it made me feel something.
edit on 14-3-2012 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)


jm,

You were blessed to just be close to the Shroud. How come you can't
put it together? There is history to Christianity, a complete history. The Church has preserved the Shroud and long before Protestants rejected the Church in 1517.

You can't remain Protestant. I know it's the easy way, all PO, not many
requirements but please, you should desire more. The fullness of Truth
not just a tiny bit of Truth.



posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by colbe
 


IF this ritual is "supernatural" as you say...

I don't believe ANYONE would actually ever convert from "Catholosim" to other religions...

Perhaps you believe Christ's "supernatural" presence in that ritual... fails on occasion?

Wouldn't his presence be overwhelmingly convincing?




posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by colbe
 

You were blessed to just be close to the Shroud. How come you can't
put it together? There is history to Christianity, a complete history. The Church has preserved the Shroud and long before Protestants rejected the Church in 1517.
I have received the highest blessings that the Church can grant a human being.
Do not feel sad for me, everything you can imagine, I already have and I raise them up and I return the blessing.



posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60
reply to post by colbe
 

You were blessed to just be close to the Shroud. How come you can't
put it together? There is history to Christianity, a complete history. The Church has preserved the Shroud and long before Protestants rejected the Church in 1517.
I have received the highest blessings that the Church can grant a human being.
Do not feel sad for me, everything you can imagine, I already have and I raise them up and I return the blessing.


Vague...? What blessing, there is only one Church. A blessing from the
RCC?

What's keeping you from the Eucharist then?



posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon
reply to post by colbe
 


IF this ritual is "supernatural" as you say...

I don't believe ANYONE would actually ever convert from "Catholosim" to other religions...

Perhaps you believe Christ's "supernatural" presence in that ritual... fails on occasion?

Wouldn't his presence be overwhelmingly convincing?



You're getting it Akragon, I am so proud of you.

A Protestant minister accompanying a Catholic priest as they drove
past a Catholic Church and the priest blessed himself.

The Protestant pastor replied...If I believed as Catholics do about the
Real Presence, Jesus Christ is present in the Eucharist, there in
the tabernacle of every Catholic Church, I would be on my face and
never wish to leave His presence there.



posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by colbe

Originally posted by Akragon
reply to post by colbe
 


IF this ritual is "supernatural" as you say...

I don't believe ANYONE would actually ever convert from "Catholosim" to other religions...

Perhaps you believe Christ's "supernatural" presence in that ritual... fails on occasion?

Wouldn't his presence be overwhelmingly convincing?



You're getting it Akragon, I am so proud of you.

A Protestant minister accompanying a Catholic priest as they drove
past a Catholic Church and the priest blessed himself.

The Protestant pastor replied...If I believed as Catholics do about the
Real Presence, Jesus Christ is present in the Eucharist, there in
the tabernacle of every Catholic Church, I would be on my face and
never wish to leave His presence there.


You're proud that i see the fault in your line of thinking?


Alright... Perhaps that priest feels the presence of Jesus in his every day life, and doesn't have to bow before an alter or eat blessed crackers and wine to feel it?

His words are the spirit that gives life my friend... No ritual is required, only understanding of said words




posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by colbe
 

Vague...?

I've gone into my history with the Catholic Church before on this sub-forum, about how 28 years ago I was involved in it.
I don't feel like I ever need to repeat the process I already went through (I don't mean the typing, I mean my long-ago experience), where maybe you think you need to do all these things every day. Some people do, I don't. I got what I needed at the time, and now I have other things I need to do.


edit on 14-3-2012 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)



posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60
reply to post by colbe
 

Vague...?

I've gone into my history with the Catholic Church before on this sub-forum, about how 28 years ago I was involved in it.
I don't feel like I ever need to repeat the process I already went through (I don't mean the typing, I mean my long-ago experience), where maybe you think you need to do all these things every day. Some people do, I don't. I got what I needed at the time, and now I have other things I need to do.


edit on 14-3-2012 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)


"my history with the Catholic Church"...

Vague again and not a very kind reply. Are you a practicing Catholic?
Sounds like you are a fallen away Catholic...saying "was."

Why do you insult, you and others reply on these threads of faith,
mine in particular quite often.

I love you anyway,


colbe



posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by colbe
 
Are you a practicing Catholic?
No, I am not, nor have I ever been officially a Catholic.
My only point is that I am thoroughly familiar with the Church, on an intimate level,
so you need not be concerned over me.
Maybe you should just be happy that I am not attacking you or the Church.

edit on 14-3-2012 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)



posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

Originally posted by colbe

Originally posted by Akragon
reply to post by colbe
 


IF this ritual is "supernatural" as you say...

I don't believe ANYONE would actually ever convert from "Catholosim" to other religions...

Perhaps you believe Christ's "supernatural" presence in that ritual... fails on occasion?

Wouldn't his presence be overwhelmingly convincing?



You're getting it Akragon, I am so proud of you.

A Protestant minister accompanying a Catholic priest as they drove
past a Catholic Church and the priest blessed himself.

The Protestant pastor replied...If I believed as Catholics do about the
Real Presence, Jesus Christ is present in the Eucharist, there in
the tabernacle of every Catholic Church, I would be on my face and
never wish to leave His presence there.


You're proud that i see the fault in your line of thinking?


Alright... Perhaps that priest feels the presence of Jesus in his every day life, and doesn't have to bow before an alter or eat blessed crackers and wine to feel it?

His words are the spirit that gives life my friend... No ritual is required, only understanding of said words



I am done. You mock the faith, the Eucharist again because you understand nothing about it.

For others, when Our Lord says "spirit" in the Gospel He is speaking
of something "supernatural." It's the "spirit that gives life" means do not
understand in the natural, it's God's gift of the "supernatural" that gives
you life, eternal life. Jesus is talking about the Eucharist, His supernatural presence in the Eucharist.

Read the footnotes in the translation of the Latin Vulgate, the first Bible. www.drbo.org...

John 6:62-65
But Jesus, knowing in himself, that his disciples murmured at this, said to them: Doth this scandalize you? [63] If then you shall see the Son of man ascend up where he was before? [64] It is the spirit that quickeneth: the flesh profiteth nothing. The words that I have spoken to you, are spirit and life. [65] But there are some of you that believe not. For Jesus knew from the beginning, who they were that did not believe, and who he was, that would betray him.



[63] If then you shall see: Christ by mentioning his ascension, by this instance of his power and divinity, would confirm the truth of what he had before asserted; and at the same time correct their gross apprehension of eating his flesh, and drinking his blood, in a vulgar and carnal manner, by letting them know he should take his whole body living with him to heaven; and consequently not suffer it to be as they supposed, divided, mangled, and consumed upon earth.

[64] The flesh profiteth nothing: Dead flesh separated from the spirit, in the gross manner they supposed they were to eat his flesh, would profit nothing. Neither doth man's flesh, that is to say, man's natural and carnal apprehension, (which refuses to be subject to the spirit, and words of Christ,) profit any thing. But it would be the height of blasphemy, to say the living flesh of Christ (which we receive in the blessed sacrament, with his spirit, that is, with his soul and divinity) profiteth nothing. For if Christ's flesh had profited us nothing, he would never have taken flesh for us, nor died in the flesh for us.

[64] Are spirit and life: By proposing to you a heavenly sacrament, in which you shall receive, in a wonderful manner, spirit, grace, and life, in its very fountain.




top topics



 
4
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

log in

join