It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the author of Babylon Mystery changed his mind....

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by colbe

Blessing crackers and wine doesn't change the state of them...

Why do you believe its all about that ritual, as if you're actually eating Jesus' body and blood?

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by colbe

You reject
God's gift of Himself in the Eucharist.

Why did Jesus say to have communion?

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by colbe

Says who? You...NTT. How do you know? And now you are using the two words "revere" and "worship." Cancels your saying people worship the Shroud. Stick to your story.

Story? I said if it could be determined 100% it was His then people would begin to worship it.

So why did you say "forget it?" You don't believe it is the burial cloth
of Our Lord?

I don't know if it is or isn't, just saying I don't care. It has nothing to do with our justification, it's a burial cloth. Jesus died for us, the shroud didn't. The shroud stayed in the tomb when Jesus stepped out of it. My faith doesn't rest on the shroud being real or fake.. whatever really.

edit on 12-3-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

Do you have divide up every single post? Just to go on more....

Everyone, this guy is wrong. No one worships a piece of cloth~
No one has every said their faith is based on the Shroud. They
see it for it being Our Lord's burial cloth. They have a great
reverence for it.

Shouldn't they? It's miraculous!!! Science is amazed!!!! Think of the
light.!!!!

There aren't many relics of Our Lord. There are
relics of the Cross, one I can think of...

How old are you? You keep calling reverence worship, it's not. And
how do you know people's intention for that matter.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon
reply to post by colbe

Why do you believe its all about that ritual, as if you're actually eating Jesus' body and blood?

Look, this is retarded. They get their crackers from the same church suppliers protestant churches use. We use the same crackers, from the same company.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by colbe

You keep calling reverence worship, it's not

That's just it, you're under the false assumption I think all reverence is worship. It's not. You keep saying that, but I never said that. Worship means "worth" + "ship", whatever you ascribe great worth to. Reverence gets very close to worship.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   

reply to post by colbe

You reject
God's gift of Himself in the Eucharist.

Why did Jesus say to have communion?

The "communion" of Scripture is the most Holy Eucharist.

Only after 1517, when Protestants rejected the authority of the Church
and the power of the New Covenant ministerial priesthood did they come
up with denying the Eucharist. How obvious, the reason why.

Jesus was talking to the first priests, the Apostles. He told them do as
I just did, do this in remembrance of Me. And so they have and those who would follow them, every hour around the world to this day in the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass.

Protestants cannot confect the Eucharist. They're left with juice and
crackers saying it is a symbol now and not Christ Himself.

You are settling for zip NTT. Please ask Our Lord in prayer if He is truly
present in the Eucharist. You can become Catholic, it's Our Lord's desire.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by colbe

Okay, WHY did Jesus say to do it??

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   

reply to post by colbe

Look, this is retarded. They get their crackers from the same church suppliers protestant churches use. We use the same crackers, from the same company.

Ya but theirs has "christ inside"... do they have a creamy middle or something?

I find the idea of transubstatiation slightly amusing...

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   

What does Jesus taste like?

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   

reply to post by colbe

That's just it, you're under the false assumption I think all reverence is worship. It's not. You keep saying that, but I never said that. Worship means "worth" + "ship", whatever you ascribe great worth to. Reverence gets very close to worship.

worth + ship....LOL? What?

No it doesn't, they (revere and worship) a are two different words with two different meanings. Look them up.

You shouldn't have falsely said people worship the Shroud. It's not true.

Why have you chosen to reject the Shroud? Is it because it has been
kept and protected by the Church? You should be happy that it was/is....

Can you imagine, 2000 years later Science has stated recently we can't come up with the "light" that passed through the Shroud.

Change NTT, I care.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Someone here told me...

Cardboard ... Or similar to those rice cakes....

edit on 12-3-2012 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   

You must be 19 years old or less in age. You preach to wildtimes
Our Lord's words about understanding the things of God and once
again, above, you make fun of the very thing...Our Lord in the Eucharist.

Our Lord asks us to pray for disbelievers to help them give their yes when the Warning happens. It's going to take a lot of grace...

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by colbe

We eat the same crackers from the same church suppliers.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by colbe

reply to post by colbe

worth + ship....LOL? What?

No it doesn't, they (revere and worship) a are two different words with two different meanings. Look them up.

You shouldn't have falsely said people worship the Shroud. It's not true.

Why have you chosen to reject the Shroud? Is it because it has been
kept and protected by the Church? You should be happy that it was/is....

Can you imagine, 2000 years later Science has stated recently we can't come up with the "light" that passed through the Shroud.

Change NTT, I care.

Okay fine, you've made me a believer, reverence and worship are two different things. Thank you for showing me that.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Colbe, why did Jesus say to have communion? Why did He say to do it?

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 04:12 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

What did He say about being raised on the last day? What did He say about His body and His blood? Where did Judas and other disciples stumble? Why does Paul say eating "crackers" irreverently makes you guilty of murder of God? Why were the first Christian martyrs so obsessed with communion they smuggled it into prison to eat it?

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 05:01 AM
link   
reply to post by 547000

Jesus said to do it to remember Him. It's to remember His sacrifice and shed blood of the new covenant.

Can you show me a single verse in the NT where Paul is instructing people that communion is a requirement for salvation? Romans 10 is the chapter on salvation, along with 1 Corinthians chapter 15. Any mention of communion there?

Communion/the eucharist whatever you want to call it does not save you, it's what saved people DO. Like baptism. Every single instance in the NT where a person is baptized, they first were believers. Baptizing babies is just getting their hair wet. It was done by immersion in both the OT and the NT, and babies are not believers, it's just baptizing unbelievers.

We both catholic and evangelical love and trust the same Jesus correct?

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 05:16 AM
link   

reply to post by 547000

Jesus said to do it to remember Him. It's to remember His sacrifice and shed blood of the new covenant.

NTT, thank you for taking the time to reply and ask questions. It means
a lot. And it means you are not closed.

Here's on that word "remembrance."

The objection, back to the meaning of "When Christ said "Do this in remembrance of Me" what, exactly, was He commanding, and what do those "remembrances" constitute?"

Jesus is truly God, He said perfectly what He wished to teach us, it can't be taken apart by anyone.

+ + +

After Christ consecrated and distributed His Body and Blood, He commanded the apostles to "Do this in remembrance of Me." That word - remembrance - is very important, because the Greek word it is translated from refers to a deep and complex concept that has no proper word or even short phrase in modern languages. That word is anamnesis, and, according to the best evidence, means a type of memorial sacrifice. What is a memorial sacrifice? Note that it's not the memorial of a sacrifice but rather a sacrifice that is itself a memorial - a critical distinction.

Because there is some contention regarding the meaning of anamnesis, we will look at how it is used elsewhere in the New Testament and the Septuagint (the Greek translation of the Old Testament).

In the Old Testament, anamnesis is used to refer to either a bread sacrifice or a blood sacrifice - a memorial sacrifice, that is. Lev 24, full of the same terminology of priests, eating, memorial sacrifice, incense and bread that surrounds the Eucharist, speaks of the anamnesis of Aaron's priesthood. And Numbers 10 speaks of the burnt offerings of anamnesis offered to God to atone for sin. The parallels with the New Covenant Sacrifice are plentiful....

www.catholicthinker.net...

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 05:39 AM
link   

reply to post by 547000

Can you show me a single verse in the NT where Paul is instructing people that communion is a requirement for salvation? Romans 10 is the chapter on salvation, along with 1 Corinthians chapter 15. Any mention of communion there?

NTT and 547000,

I apologize to you both. I got excited at the questions and just noticed you asked 547000. I am like a kid in the class, raised hand, oooh oooh call on me teacher.

I can do better, with a verse from Our Lord.

Jesus said:
John 6:55
He that eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath everlasting life: and I will raise him up in the last day.

www.drbo.org...

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by colbe

"For whenever you eat this bread and drink this cup, you proclaim the Lord’s death until he comes."

1 Corinthians 11:26

That memorial sacrifice is just that, a way to remember and honor Him, and Paul says to proclaim His death (for our sins) until He comes. And that's what we do, we remember He died for our sins, that the beat His body for our healing, and He shed His blood for our sins to be forgiven. That's the gospel. We remember and proclaim the gospel when we partake of communion.

But my other questions were not answered. Why is it is the two definite chapters on salvation, Romans 10 and 1 Corinthians 15 make no mention of communion/ the eucharist?

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join