It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2040 and sudden world cooperation on nuclear weapons.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   
I find it more than curious, regardless of the fact some of the following happenings having been in process previously that there could be an inter-relation of these three, what do you think?

I just wonder if quietly, through secretive channels all nations have now been notified of the dangers of this asteroid and that all must unite and pull together to somehow deflect this object and prevent a Tunguska type of event over a major population center.

On or about 28 February, 2012 (08:40pm) EST NASA announced that scientist believed a Asteroid 2011 AG5, an estimated 460 foot wide rock was calculated to have a 1 in 625 chance of impacting the earth on 5 February, 2040.
www.pcmag.com...

On or about 28 February, 2012, (22:27) Iran’s Foreign Minister, Ali Akbar Salehi announced in Geneva that: and I paraphrase, ‘ that the production, possession, use of threat of nuclear weapons was dangerous and a great sin and Iran is confident of the peaceful nature of its nuclear program and does not seek confrontation. Iran has in the past called for similar abandonment and moratorium of nuclear weapons.
rt.com...

And finally, on or about 29 February, 2012 (17:35EST), again I paraphrase: a deal with the US which had been in the works for months was agreed to by North Korea: a moratorium on nuclear weapon and strategic missile testing, suspension of uranium enrichment, and access for IAEA inspectors in return for 240,000 ton of food aid.
www.guardian.co.uk...

MODERATOR" I'm not sure if this is the correct forum, but please, if not, move it.
Thanks

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by OldCurmudgeon

5 February, 2040.

So does this mean we're done playing with the 2012 EOTW stuff ?

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Honestly, I doubt it.
The governments of the world could't agree to cooperate on something that was a grave threat tomorrow, much less something 28 years from now.
The branches/factions in the U.S. government can't come together to solve obvious problems in the here and now (budget, entitlement unsustainability, military overreach, federal overspending, etc).

If faced with a common threat, I don't think humans are capable of cooperating to deal with it. Especially if today's leaders will be dead by then. Frankly, I think they wouldn't care less.

You theory is plausible but improbable.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   
i feel the world as whole does not want nuclear weapons, but america being the old boy that is, doesnt get the picture and believes everyone else is building nukes despite evidence that says other wise. nuclear weapons are a terrible thing and no one should posses or use them for any reason other than to be studied because of the energy it creates.

even kim jong (cant remember the last part atm) seems to understand this fact, probably because he is well educated. humanity is moving past destroying itself. the powers that be just wants to retain the barbarism

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by skepticconwatcher
reply to post by OldCurmudgeon

5 February, 2040.

So does this mean we're done playing with the 2012 EOTW stuff ?

I'm not sure skeptic... I mean I don't know... honestly, over time I've became a little disinterested in the 2012 scenerios due to much talk by investigators regarding their miscalulations. But, that could be wrong too.. lol...

The chain of events I show above rather 'jumped out at me' and has held on and I can't seem to blow it away... I just wondered if anyone out there had similar thoughts???

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by pierregustavetoutant
Honestly, I doubt it.
The governments of the world could't agree to cooperate on something that was a grave threat tomorrow, much less something 28 years from now.
The branches/factions in the U.S. government can't come together to solve obvious problems in the here and now (budget, entitlement unsustainability, military overreach, federal overspending, etc).

If faced with a common threat, I don't think humans are capable of cooperating to deal with it. Especially if today's leaders will be dead by then. Frankly, I think they wouldn't care less.

You theory is plausible but improbable.

Thanks for your inpurt Pierre... and I agree with your logic... this thing is just stuck in my mind and keeps rearing up in my thoughts and saying, "watch me"... lol

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by XelNaga

Kim Jong Un... and I know this has been in the works with Korea for months... and we all know North Koreans have been starving for years...

As I told everyone else... this idea has ahold of me and I'm searching madly about the net for anything else seemingly interlinked...

Thanks for you thoughts...

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Why? Why would there be a sudden world co-operation of nuclear weapons?

These are as a resource. So, if the county has nuclear strength, it increases its power in the global heirarchy. International co-operations of all countries defeats the purpose of having nuclear arsenal. To co-operate in this resource, is illogical.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeepThoughtCriminal
Why? Why would there be a sudden world co-operation of nuclear weapons?

These are as a resource. So, if the county has nuclear strength, it increases its power in the global heirarchy. International co-operations of all countries defeats the purpose of having nuclear arsenal. To co-operate in this resource, is illogical.

Hi DTC... respectfully, I would disagree as my thought process is that if this asteroid was likely to cause an ELE, it would be in the best interest of every country in the world to stop fighting with each other and cooperate to find a way to stop a killer asteroid.

And given a 1 in 625 chance posed for this rock, then that is the most probable known object to collide with the earth in the near future.

Just my thoughts, thanks for answering.

top topics

join