It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another Thread On The Evils Of Homosexuality

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   
The topic for today's rant is homosexuality (obviously) as instigated by this link:

Marines

I am going to keep this short and sweet, because I shouldn't even have to defend homosexuality.

Point #1) The only argument against homosexuality is religion.

Most religions in America teach about acceptance and not harming one another. Just because some people choose to love outside of the accepted standard, we persecute them? You Christians/Catholics/whoever's make me sick, in every sense imaginable.

Also, someone mentioned a child being in the picture, and these men setting a bad example.

Point #2) Are we teaching our children that being different is bad?

Why do we even allow cripples and autistic people in public if being different will earn them ill repute? What if heterosexuals were considered disgusting instead? Walk a mile in their shoes...

Point #3) If these were women, the picture would be the screen saver on hundreds of computers by now.

Just because it's men...yeah, that's right. You men are sexists. Get over yourselves. Women will be wooing over this image.

Point #4) We are setting restrictions on who we can love. Is this right?

Well done. America has officially begun teaching their children and peers whom they are allowed to love and touch. Sweet...next, we'll be told we can't make love to obese women/men, or that we can't kiss people who have black hair. We are placing restrictions on our very emotions. Police state, anyone?

And wonderful Point #5) Judging. You are all judging. Based upon the Bible, the very book by which you have condemned these poor innocent souls...you are all going to hell for pointing and whispering. Congratulations, don't you feel foolish?

If all you do is hate one another for the simplest, most irrelevant things, how can you ever expect to love someone who deserves it? Stop being all self-righteous. Seriously, it's getting repugnant. Stop superimposing your own desires upon those who have a different idea of happiness, and accept not everyone is like you. Variety is the spice of life.

Can we all grow up now? I'm tired of this religious, self-important, condemning bull#.

/rant over

Namaste

edit on CSundaypm525209f09America/Chicago04 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Well you missed somthing: Some people belive that it is wrong because it is unatural in terms of on going evolution and existance.

I might be hated for saying this and i want to state that it is not my opinion: Perhaps effeminate males (and therefore less effective males compared to a 'normal' male) are actually designed to be taken out of the gene pool for the greater good of the race by their own DNA. You have to be very open minded and look at the big picture to get that.

I personnely have no issue, what doesnt kill or hurt or effect anyone innocent is pretty much okay in my book. Alcoholics drink, drug users use and paracutists (lol) do what they do, all do so at their own personnel risk, why shouldnt a life style that is just not liked but also not harmful.

edit on 4-3-2012 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Biigs
Well you missed somthing: Some people belive that it is wrong because it is unatural in terms of on going evolution and existance.

I might be hated for saying this and i want to state that it is not my opinion: Perhaps effeminate males (and therefore less effective males compared to a 'normal' male) are actually designed to be taken out of the gene pool for the greater good of the race by their own DNA. You have to be very open minded and look at the big picture to get that.

I personnely have no issue, what doesnt kill or hurt or effect anyone innocent is pretty much okay in my book. Alcoholics drink, drug users use and paracutists (lol) do what they do, all do so at their own personnel risk, why shouldnt a life style that is just not liked but also not harmful.

What if gay men and women are part of a design to balance femininity and masculinity within our species?

Maybe homosexuality is part of the grand design to our salvation. Food for thought.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
also, parents of hetro familys want hetro children to give them grand children.

thats a fact.

EDIT: So thats a bias off the bat for the majority.

edit on 4-3-2012 by Biigs because: sorry

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   

also, parents of hetro familys want hetro children to give them grand children.

thats a fact.

So their desires are supposed to be superimposed upon the happiness of their children?

You've made the American priorities clear.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Biigs

Sometimes, what you want and what you get are two different things.

Thems tha breaks...

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I'm sure populating the earth as we have been doing for generations, we will never have to worry about our numbers running too low.

Religions treat homosexuality as a scourge on the planet that turns us all evil, and guarantees the extinction of the human race.

Two human beings in love is what is going to destroy us? When did love become such a bad thing? I really don't see how these people have so much hatred, disgust, and plain old anger really think they are taking the high road on an issue like this.

I think people really need to find the answers themselves instead of going along with everyone else.

Just another reason I despise religions. Until God comes down to me and says homosexuals are evil, I'll come to my own conclusion and let people find their own happiness wherever they can find it in the world we live in.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   
While i dont care about gay couples in general, i do not think they should be allowed their genes to be passed to their offspring (egg for gay females with sperm donor, sperms for surrogate gay women).

For me thats not to do with religion or ethics, thats pure anti-evolution and thats a road with un imaginable consenquences i fear (perhaps not! no expert here!).

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Biigs

Bull#
I'm bisexual, my parents have no problem with it, they accept it, they like my girlfriend a lot and even if i was hetero, i never would want children as i can't stand them. My parents have absolutely no problem with this.
There are also a lot of hetero couples without children, hetero people who never want children. What's wrong with them? I bet you think they are closet homosexual, because it's not "normal" to not want children

All this anti-homosexual talk is really ridiculous, you, the people who are thinking this way are just brainwashed by religion and it's really sad that in the 21st Century, people are still not open-minded, followed some crap story about god and # and 'rules' from a fairy tale book.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Starchild23

There is more to it than religion, I personally and many others believe it is wrong as it goes against nature and the way we were born. I also believe the same for things like surgery when people get implants or change gender. Nature gives you lungs for you to breath, if you smoke and abuse those lounges it is unhealthy but still none of my business whether you smoke or not. I do not mean this to come across s hateful but people should be allowed to disagree with homosexuality, but that does not give anyone a right to be abusive or try to make another feel negative.

(I am not religous by the way.)

edit on 4-3-2012 by OwenGP185 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Starchild23

Dear Starchild23,

I'm afraid I'm going to be misunderstood, but I'm not intending to attack or defend homosexuality. I'm only looking at the arguments used.

Point #1) The only argument against homosexuality is religion.
Some people argue that there is an increased need for health care and an increased incidence of violence in the gay community. Those aren't religious arguments.

You Christians/Catholics/whoever's make me sick, in every sense imaginable.
Doesn't that imply that it's perfectly OK to be sickened by an entire group without looking at individuals?

And wonderful Point #5) Judging. You are all judging. Based upon the Bible, the very book by which you have condemned these poor innocent souls...you are all going to hell for pointing and whispering. Congratulations, don't you feel foolish?
But I thought Point #1 implied that religious arguments weren't even worth considering? Further, judging an individual is not the only sin mentioned in the Bible.

Point #3) If these were women, the picture would be the screen saver on hundreds of computers by now.
Not on mine it wouldn't be. Because hundreds of people are susceptible to sexual fantasies and go out of their way to have them around, says nothing about the rightness or wrongness of any particular sexual behavior.

Point #2) Are we teaching our children that being different is bad? Why do we even allow cripples and autistic people in public if being different will earn them ill repute?
It seems that you answer yourself. We are not teaching our children that being different is bad, many different types of race, culture, and physical ability are seen in society with children being taught to fully accept them.

Point #4) We are setting restrictions on who we can love. Is this right?
Well done. America has officially begun teaching their children and peers whom they are allowed to love and touch.
When you say love, I assume you mean have sex with, no other definition makes sense here.
We have always taught this to people. You can't have sex with someone under a certain age, or someone too closely related, or someone too mentally or physically weak to give consent. There have always been restrictions on who you can have sex with.

Sweet...next, we'll be told we can't make love to obese women/men, or that we can't kiss people who have black hair. We are placing restrictions on our very emotions. Police state, anyone?
That argument seems a little excessive and unlikely. Besides how many states are investigating and arresting people for sodomy any more? How many even still have the law on their books? The number, whatever it is, isn't growing.

And please remember that God judges people on their behavior, not their temptations. I don't accept any argument FOR criticizing people based on their sexual orientation alone.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   

While i dont care about gay couples in general, i do not think they should be allowed their genes to be passed to their offspring (egg for gay females with sperm donor, sperms for surrogate gay women).

For me thats not to do with religion or ethics, thats pure anti-evolution and thats a road with un imaginable consenquences i fear (perhaps not! no expert here!).

Just because someone is born that way, more nature than nurture, it doesn't mean that there's a "gay gene". Genetics and biology is more diverse than that.
It might not be the "usual", but can still be normal.

There's also varying levels of femininity for boys, or masculinity for girls. Tomboys, for example, that are not gay.
Guys generally like tomboys, it gives them girls that like to go camping, drinking, and hunting, and then nighttime has its other benefits. Maybe a bit of a masculine gene in the tomboy, that likes guys? Diversity of the species.
Feminine guys also have their merits.

We're just animals, and it happens in the animal kingdom. Lots.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   
I'm tired of heterosexuals talking about how wrong gays are.
I'm also tired of hearing gay people talk about how special they are.
Keep your sexual orientations to yourselves, I don't care to know.
And I won't bother you about mine either.

Awful article there Starchild.
Pretty harsh condemnation of the guys in the photo.
"making Marines look bad"

They just look gay to me.
So what?

They're willing to fight for their freedom and we want to tell them what freedom is supposed to mean?

Hypocrisy, American style.
edit on 4-3-2012 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Anti-evolution...so you WANT Earth to be overpopulated?

Personally, a little less breeding sounds pretty good to me.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals
I'm tired of heterosexuals talking about how wrong gays are.
I'm also tired of hearing gay people talk about how special they are.
Keep your sexual orientations to yourselves, I don't care to know.
And I won't bother you about mine either.

Awful article there Starchild.
Pretty harsh condemnation of the guys in the photo.
"making Marines look bad"

They just look gay to me.
So what?

They're willing to fight for their freedom and we want to tell them what freedom is supposed to mean?

Hypocrisy, American style.
edit on 4-3-2012 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

This is my point exactly. We have become too deeply mired in the qualms of our own visions of perfection and self-righteousness, and completely forgotten how important true love is.

Especially expressions of true love. What with all the shooting and bombing and general destruction of our own species, I would think seeing ANYONE kiss like they were in love would bring joy.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Starchild23

erm, no i mean leaving it to its NATURAL course IS the way to stem over population, since a gay couple with only each other cannot have children. Im not agianst adoption nor am i saying gay couples arnt fit ro raise kids.

A gay couple cant breed togther, so using technology to splice up genes in eggs and so on, actually is allowing MORE children to be born not less.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by OwenGP185

If homosexuality went against nature, it would be gone by now.
The definition of nature is that it has 'ways' to rid itself of behaviours or traits if they are counterproductive. The whole way everything works is by evolution, by survival of the fittest etc. Formulas nature is based on. I said it before but homosexuality is no concern to nature and hence it is still about. How can it be AGAINST nature?
I mean, big "DUH".

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   
^ what Hecate said.

BIG duh.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Starchild23

erm, no i mean leaving it to its NATURAL course IS the way to stem over population, since a gay couple with only each other cannot have children. Im not agianst adoption nor am i saying gay couples arnt fit ro raise kids.

A gay couple cant breed togther, so using technology to splice up genes in eggs and so on, actually is allowing MORE children to be born not less.

Are you really blaming this on gay couples?

Why not blame it on science?

I think you're reaching for straws.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowAngel85
reply to post by Biigs

Bull#
I'm bisexual, my parents have no problem with it, they accept it, they like my girlfriend a lot and even if i was hetero, i never would want children as i can't stand them. My parents have absolutely no problem with this.
There are also a lot of hetero couples without children, hetero people who never want children. What's wrong with them? I bet you think they are closet homosexual, because it's not "normal" to not want children

All this anti-homosexual talk is really ridiculous, you, the people who are thinking this way are just brainwashed by religion and it's really sad that in the 21st Century, people are still not open-minded, followed some crap story about god and # and 'rules' from a fairy tale book.

Religion is the point of it. It is the ONLY reason we have ever questioned homosexuality, and this social-scientific nonsense is simply them rationalizing now that religion is no longer valid in courts.

edit on CMondayam595932f32America/Chicago05 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join