It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blast it or paint it: Asteroid to threaten Earth in 2013

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by ooYODAoo

Don't know what it's name was I just knew it leveled thousands of acres of trees. I don't recall of any people getting killed either.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   
First, my bad in missing the other thread for this. I offer my humble apologies to PerceptionReality. I was retroactively scooped and should have seen it. My bad.

Now, as for our little visitor, I hope everyone did read the link and whatever other material is floating around. This will surely become the next big thing to worry about and for the media to make a mountain out of a mole hill for. Don't blame me for the headline though, we all know how this forum works for that.

Little visitor would be the thing to keep in mind and another Headline could more accurately have read "Asteroid to make for interesting time in 2013". The fact is..this little guy is 60 meters across. By the time it punches the atmosphere and turns into a little ball of plasma in it's way down, I'd have serious doubts as to weather it lands as anything bigger than rocks you could pick up and throw.

I thought it well worth mentioning though (err...uhh..as did someone else.. err.) because we'll surely learn far more about this as MSM picks up on it later this year and explains the "dire threat" in breathless tones and bright scary graphics. Better to get a leg up and read the facts before the storm of misinformation and scare mongering begins in earnest, right?

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

I believe your thinking of the Tunguska Event in 1908.

Tunguska Event - Wiki Info

There are as many theories as there are people saying them. I heard a UFO conference here locally where they claimed to show evidence of extra-terrestrial rocks and energy signatures that proved it was a UFO exploding. Others say meteor...and I have my own thoughts that don't match either. I must say though, if we ever see a repeat of that blast in our lifetimes and modern world. it will be something. ......as long as a city isn't under it. Calamity would be a good description in that case.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I trust in my luck so you are all safe. It's going to land on my house and send me to hell. So don't fret about it hitting you unless you're luck is worse than mine.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

That was it. I recognize the name I can't pronounce. So it was over a hundred years ago.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   
With all the money spent on arms to kill each other you would think this would be better spent on a planetary defense system to address such threats as asteroid strikes.Face it,we have no defense period.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Let me have a go at it

Paint it brown so it looks like a giant turd. We will at least have a big laugh if the paintig idea fails and it comes crashing down into one of our oceans

splasshhh

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Living is a risk that I will take before cowarding out of life due to non-controllable issues like celestial mechanics.

Remember to bring the chips and dip and I will have the liquor and female company ready to bring in the end of days.

Ride life or die!

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by AgentX09

It is virtually impossible to have a defense against incoming cosmic bodies...and the same goes for shielding ourselves against cosmic radiation. We are all constant cosmic targets getting hit from all parts of the spectrum...always have been.
edit on 4-3-2012 by maestromason because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by kimish
Sorry wrabbit.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion in the above linked thread.
Thanks

**Thread Closed**

for future reference:

We Have A New Search Engine--Please Use It!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join