It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul: No Federal Financial Aid for Tornado Victims

page: 31
<< 28  29  30   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 04:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by liejunkie01
reply to post by jazzguy

The issue is..........

Our tax money should be used to help us out,,,,,,,,,,,

Not the Africans, Asians, Middle Eastern's, or any other non US citizen.........

What is the problem with that?

Is it ok to tax the crap out of us and then turn a cold shoulder when we are in need?

But we sure will send billions to Israel

The thing is, the way you feel about Africans and Asians is the same way I feel about California, Florida and Tennessee etc. These types of things are supposed to be handled by the state. It would mostly be a non-issue, but due to corruption in the housing markets(realtors and construction firms making it harder for private citizens to build their own homes/ harder to find land to put pre-fabricated homes on etc), it cost way more then it should to build homes.

What those communities can do, is pull together their resources and labor to build new homes. Kind of like in the old days how each community did a draft(conscription) to get the labor to build and maintain roads.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 04:53 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by liejunkie01

WE DON'T OWE THE FED A DIME!!!! They are crooks, and should all be dealt with as traitors. Without the fed, we would be flourishing. Without the federal government screwing our country over, we would be flourishing. They are stealing the states' as well as individuals' money every day, Then mismanaging it while making themselves rich.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   
If he's a against gov involvement in America, he is most likely against so much involvement overseas. Anyway, how would you like it if the government just took some of your money to give to these people? If you would be against that, that's what they are doing. If you are okay with that, you should donate to a charity.

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 03:06 AM
link   

So Ron Paul is taking # because he said it's not the Governments responsibility to help people who lost homes because of the Tornadoes. But why give him #? If you're house burns down, is it his fault? If you live in a flood zone, is it Ron Paul's fault? NO! So why would people think it's the President's responsibility to bail out the tornado victims? GET SOME #ING INSURANCE if you live in Tornado zones or flood zones, etc. WTF people?

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by resist2012

Without the fed, we would be flourishing.

Well,

Without the Federal government we would not be The United States of America.

The United States of America (also called the United States, the U.S., the USA, America, and the States) is a federal constitutional republic comprising fifty states and a federal district. The country is situated mostly in central North America, where its forty-eight contiguous states and Washington, D.C., the capital district, lie between the Pacific and Atlantic Oceans, bordered by Canada to the north and Mexico to the south. The state of Alaska is in the northwest of the continent, with Canada to the east and Russia to the west, across the Bering Strait. The state of Hawaii is an archipelago in the mid-Pacific. The country also possesses several territories in the Pacific and Caribbean.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States

The federal government of the United States is the federal government of the constitutional republic of fifty states and one district that is the United States of America. The federal government comprises three distinct branches of government: a legislative, an executive and a judiciary. These branches and their various powers are delineated in the U.S. Constitution; the powers are specified in greater detail in laws enacted by Congress.

The United States government is based on the principle of federalism, in which power is shared between the federal government and state governments. The details of American federalism, including what powers the federal government should have and how those powers can be exercised, have been debated ever since the adoption of the Constitution. Some make the case for expansive federal powers while others argue for a more limited role for the central government in relation to individuals, the states or other recognized entities.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Federal_government_of_the_United_States

I know that everybody here hates the idea that the federal government is the reason why we have a president and a country comprised of 50 states..

Without the fed, we would not be the United States of America as noted by out forefathers.....But you do not want to hear about that, do you?

But hey, I understand that people around here do not want to hear what America was founded upon, If you hate it so much, I think you should be blaming Lincoln............After all, the confederation was doing fine.

I just like most around here really dislike all of the dumb laws that come to pass every year. I also think that we pay enough in taxes and the government needs to be held more accountable for their actions.

I also noticed that you dodged all of my previous questions directed toward you, just to spew some more unbacked rhetoric towards our country.

How do you know that the states would be just fine? They can't even spend the money correctly that they have allocated.

In one of my last replies I noted the number of states that are operating in the black.. There is only a few. How come nobody wants to address this issue and keeps spitting the same old "the states would be fine without the fed"? How could you even proove it. It is an unbackable statement that has no legitimacy.

This tells me that people around here have selective reasoning. It is more than the fed, It is all governments involved in our way of life.

One last thing, the fed is not the only one's ripping us off. I personally feel that the states are more directly to blame for our mess than the fed, but hey that is my opinion......If the states stood up for their people you might would get some better results in your quest for a governmentless republic.

I know you will disregard this, just like you did the last reply I made to you...

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by mcspirit

So Ron Paul is taking # because he said it's not the Governments responsibility to help people who lost homes because of the Tornadoes.

No Rp is taking crap because this is supposed to be the day and age of political correctness, being courteous, unbiased, racism free, and equality.

The way you put it, it should be the age of, screw you you idiot, your screwed and nobody will help you. You should have known better. (in general).

I mean really, is it too much to hand someone who just lost everything $500 and tell them to go get them some essentials? How about a low interest loan that the people have to pay back anyways?

But why give him #? If you're house burns down, is it his fault?

We are not talking about a house burning down,, this is a disaster, multiple homes and businesses completely destroyed and many families left with nothing in "the land of the free"......

And I never ever once said it was his fault........

That is moot.

If you live in a flood zone, is it Ron Paul's fault?

Again why ask such questions?

So why would people think it's the President's responsibility to bail out the tornado victims?

Is it not his job to look out for the best interest of the people, for the people, by the people?

GET SOME #ING INSURANCE if you live in Tornado zones or flood zones, etc. WTF people?

Ignorance is bliss.

Do you bitch about how corrupt and greedy the insurance industry is? Or do you just bend over and pay them what they want like a good confused citizen that is not only getting ripped of by the government, but also industry?
edit on 8-3-2012 by liejunkie01 because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-3-2012 by liejunkie01 because: spelling

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   

So you are saying that it is more efficient to send our tax dollars to a corrupt bureaucracy,and then wait for them to decide how to handle the emergency at extremely bloated costs,than to let the individual States decide what their needs are,and since we are 17 trillion in debt,have our great,great,great grandchildren that haven't even been born pay for it.You could not count your way out of a wet paper hexagon with a piece missing.(answer:paper bag)There were people starving in Katrina,and my Dad could have fed thousands with the swipe of one net.Even if the governor had the brains to lift the net ban until the emergency was averted,the Federal Government would have stepped in to stop the savings.We lost common sense sometime in the 1950's and you are the clarion caller of the pinheads.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 02:26 AM
link   
Ron Paul explicitly stated he wouldn't cut federal aid all at once, but phase in the transition over time. In the meantime he'd redirect some of the federal funds back to the state where they belong. The state would better be able to decide compensation for families and businesses in events of these kind. OP, you're wrong on Ron Paul. He'd let people keep more of their own money by truly giving us smaller government so we don't have to rely on government handouts as much. Ron Paul is the best candidate to come along in a long time. He says it straight. It's just that people are so brainwashed now by the media, that they can't tell a good thing when they see it. Please open your eyes, or no freedoms will be left.
edit on 26-3-2012 by thepixelpusher because: grammar

new topics

top topics

<< 28  29  30   >>

join