It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul: No Federal Financial Aid for Tornado Victims

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by liejunkie01

he is right states have their own national guards but the government has for most part annexed them and deployed them to combat zones. that was trouble in katrina the lousiana ng was over seas and bush wouldnt bring them home to help
so they had to wait three days for help from fema. states should have there own money and plans for disaters but if they are overwhelmed or multi reginal in nature fema should send in help. yes people need insurance but also if people have insurance they should be made to pay for policies. too many times i have seen a hurricane throw trees through a house and damage plumbing and insurace say trhe water damage was from flood and refused to pay.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

And you're wrong too.

As long as we're bickering over this, it detracts from the main point.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by AwakeinNM

Get used to it.

RP is going nowhere. I rest my case.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
All this talk about home owners insurance...I just have to ask some questions.

Does home owners insurance give you a place to sleep when your entire town has been flattend?

Does home owners insurance feed your family after every store in town has been wiped out from the same tornado that destroyed your town?

Does home owners insurance bring in the medical care and rescue services that are needed after a large scale disaster?

Oh...but you say the states should provide this once we get rid of the federal taxes.

But since a lot of states take in more federal dollars than they pay out...I don't think they are going to have the money to do so.

And if 10-20 tornados streak across your state and take out 50-100 towns...no state is going to have the funds or capacity to deal with a disaster of that size.

I say, it's a damn good thing we are a group of UNITED states, instead of INDIVIDUAL states. That way we have a federal government that UNITES us all so that when a huge disaster like this happens...that UNITED government can use funds collected from all the states to help the one in need.

It's almost as if it was designed that way.

Have you ever been in a tornado?

I have. I got news for you, they dont wipe out whole towns unless it is a one stop light town. They do not have an area of effect like a hurricane does. The picture you paint is completely misleading.

I filmed and photographed the Andover Kansas Tornado in 91 (if I remember correctly), it was reported that the whole town was leveled. The reality was the SW corner of Andover was flattened. The rest of the city was just fine.

So where do you stay when your town has been flattened? You stay on the other side of town.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Most Tornados dont destroy Entire Towns over the Population of 300. So, as far as thats concerned most Tornado's shouldn't cost as much as they do. The Tornado's path is usually quite small but is the most violent storm. Hurricanes cost much more because it affects much more people and is a much bigger storm with damaging winds.

I assume (LOL) that most people on the East Coast do NOT have Hurricane Insurance????? The fact of the matter is there is something you can purchase at a decent rate that will protect you if a loss occurs because of a Tornado. Being a business person, maybe I buy the lot down the way where the Gas Station used to be and buy that and start creating my own town. Any idea of what I could call it??

edit on 5-3-2012 by hoochymama because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Wow... if you have money to purchase a house (again, ONLY talking about Home Owners) and you happen to purchase one where TORNADOES are notorious, you would have to be an **Idiot** to NOT buy insurance... I don't know about you, but I don't need the government to hold my hand and bail me out when something bad happens and I was too cheap to purchase insurance for my own home.

There are multiple disasters that happen every year in every part of this country. My house was flooded in 1997 with over 2 feet of water. Guess what, we had insurance and they took care of the damage. It's that simple.

link   
reply to post by The Sword

As long as we're bickering over this, it detracts from the main point.

So the main point is that this is a rant because why? RP said it? I am sure if Obama said it you would fail to reply back eh?

link   
reply to post by hoochymama

Loony Town?

All of the RP supporters can move there and build their own constitutionalist utopia and leave the rest of us alone.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 12:54 AM
link   

I have seen video of people basically from me to the street maybe 4 miles away filming a F5 Tornado. You will NEVER see anyone filming a Hurricane at the same scale.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Haha...niiiiccceee. Like I said, your Entire Town theory doesnt make sense.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword
reply to post by hoochymama

Loony Town?

All of the RP supporters can move there and build their own constitutionalist utopia and leave the rest of us alone.

It's cute how you ignore a direct question that you KNOW will debunk you just so you can spew more rhetoric.

People like you, using these tactics, are the best validation of Ron Paul's policies

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 12:58 AM
link   

That right there tells us YOU are NOT on the HOME team...Plain and simple. Think of Native Americans who have been here before you? Including 1/2 of my blood which is Mohican and Yaqui...

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Holy crap, that man has no conscience.

what the hell is wrong with him?

wha the hell is wrong with people who SUPPORT him.

i don't want to know... i just don't want to know.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by muse7
In the eyes of Ron Paul voters

The logical thing to do is this

If you're living in a tornado area or a place where there is a high risk of natural disasters then you should move! You should leave your job behind, take your kids out of school and relocate to another state where there is no risk of any natural disaster happening, since you know...you're too poor to afford any kind of insurance. Then once when you're living in your new place and you can't find a job then that's too bad! You' won't be getting any help with food to feed your family.

Nope, total fail again! You fail to grasp the true meaning by making wrong associations. Ron Paul supporters believe that we help others because we know that it's right to do, not because Big Government took it from us and mismanages the money that was supposed to go to the needy and instead went to their buddies. By funding the states through the National Guard to help actually gets the job done and gets people to care for others.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 01:00 AM
link   

I would rather my tax money be handed out to my fellow americans, then to be thrown overseas..... lets help out the friggin world but not our own country.....

I thought that Ron Paul was for the people?

I know this thread has carried on for a bit, but let me throw this is....

Your money was so useful to the people from New Orleans right?

That's where you want it to go?

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Well, what your not realizing is..Ron Paul is for keeping our money here in the country and wants to stop all money from going overseas. He also wants to get rid of the federal reserve. He wants to keep the tax dollars within their own states. If this were to happen, if, all or money did not go overseas, and if the federal reserve was gone and if our tax dollars stayed within the state we live in. Then he is correct....the federal government would not provide aid to states who have an emergency, because the state would already have its tax dollars to give aid to those who live in that state. This along with better insurance (for example...if you live in tornado alley, then he is correct, you should have home insurance that provides coverage for tornado damage) would help those who need it, FEMA would simply be the back up and the one on the scene to provide initial help, rather than the main form of help. We as a country have become to dependent on "Big Government" if we want big government to go away, we will have to fall back to our beginnings and learn to not rely on it so much.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 01:04 AM
link   
so it's best to do nothing about THE SITUATION AT HAND?
WHO CARES ABOUT THESE STUPID DETAILS WHEN PEOPLE ARE SUFFERING TODAY.

What would he do?

tell them to go get insurance apparently.

TOO LATE.

Who does not get that?

Forget policy a minute and figure out HOW YOU WOULD HELP THEEEEEEESE people.

You know... TODAY!

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Nah actually it got to the point where Kanye West said you are racist for not supporting the people of New Orleans...

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Outkast, please save this thread becuz we all know how RP is not for the Tornado victims of this outbreak. I am sure Fox News will come up with some fancy name for the Outbreak just to make some melodramatic montage with a voice layover by Geraldo Rivera.

Watch Geraldo holding a Baby in his Hands during Katrina and the effort put forth by FEMA (GOVERNMENT) was worth hanging everyone of them in the streets of New Orleans after the water subsided.

Now, considering RP probably would of not wanted FEMA involved makes me believe he might of had a better idea in mind. Oh, ya, the only one who was letting everyone know what was going on (that Young Mayor who was on TV Begging for help) wasnt getting any from FEMA.

Can of worms opened.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by KonquestAbySS
reply to post by boncho

Nah actually it got to the point where Kanye West said you are racist for not supporting the people of New Orleans...

That's the point. People supported it by funding FEMA and it was an utter failure. Paul is saying that states need be responsible, and that includes how they let insurance companies operate in their state.

I don't see it as a big issue. And not inherently bad.

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join