It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul: No Federal Financial Aid for Tornado Victims

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by hoochymama

Because some people will look at that and turn their heads.

You may have a point with other groups supporting other candidates. Still doesn't make them appealing (to me at the very least).

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
reply to post by The Sword

That's the thing. You have to wise up and understand that that can't happen. Not as long as there is media propaganda and religious zealots. Sorry, you have to read between the lines.

If you were capable of reading between the lines you would see that RP is the best choice we have for uniting the people. I am a pro choice, anti death penalty, gun owner. I am for a public option in healthcare. I believe in some sort of welfare system. I believe in some things that go directly against Paul's beliefs and he goes against mine in some regards. I however am no so dense as to be incapable of understanding that in order to make real change you must first break the cycle. That is what I am doing, that is why I am a RP supporter. We come from everywhere and all ideologies.

If I could have a president that was pro gun, pro choice (excluding partial births), pro public option, anti war, por gay marriage. I would. No one can come out and be that person though. Not in this country.

That is the funny thing about Sword... he calls me a shill and fails to realize that some people actually have real life experience in dealing with the things he disagrees with Ron Paul on. In his opinion we are all just shills who think Ron Paul is some kind of God. It is simply not possible that we agree with him based on the things we have seen with our own two eyes.

You will not be able to convince him otherwise. He is bitter because he fell for the Obama lie and therefor ALL politicians are like Obama

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by liejunkie01

If the government paid the aid for it, it would be like admitting using HAARP to conjour this devastation

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

ALL politicians are like Obama.

Snake oil salespeople.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Another anti-Ron Paul hit thread. Spin it hard, baby.

What a joke.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by AwakeinNM

As opposed to the millions of Pro-RP threads in which his detractors are shouted down by his shills?

Wow, ATS really is Ron Paul Central as of late.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Paul is trying to restructure the government, and give more control back to the states and people, we shouldn’t be looking for the us government to bail us out on natural disasters… we should be looking at the states, counties, cities, all the way back to the people for help.

When Fran came through our city for example; nobody ran to get us government help… not in our neighborhood anyway. We banded together and helped our neighbors; if you had insurance we applied for it, and used that money to help someone else…that was just the way it was.

I do know that the state received help from the US Government; they provided a way to get rid of the debris... and nobody I know of received anything to rebuild or replace their property, it was all done as a community project... and everything was back to normal in just a few short weeks… except the scenery changed quit-a –bit.

Now that is empowering people… No BS, No Paperwork, No Red Tape…

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword

Snake oil salespeople.

Yes, ALL politicians are like Obama.
ALL black people like watermelon
ALL white people can't dance
ALL Asians are great at math

This is what happens when you paint everyone with a broad brush instead of judging people on their own individual merits.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Ron Paul
Politician

Hi
I am from the Government
And I am Not Here to Help You!

I don't understand all the debate
That sums up his statement.

We all make jokes about the other Politicians that state
Hi
I am from the Government
And I am Here to Help You!

edit on 5-3-2012 by Gmoneycricket because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-3-2012 by Gmoneycricket because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   

You brought race into it, not me.

Don't trust a politician.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Well.. that is just an absurd thing to think.
It is completely illogical. No basis for it at all.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Yes, maybe, but you were the one implying and applying a stereotype.
Also.. I wrote a lengthy post back a page as a specific reply to you, I think it was a very convenient post for you to choose not to reply to.
edit on 5-3-2012 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   

You brought race into it, not me.

Don't trust a politician.

I am not bringing race into anything. I am pointing out the problem with thinking in such broad terms. Obviously you didnt read the last line of my previous post, you are willfully choosing to ignore it or you just flat out missed the point.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   

As opposed to the millions of Pro-RP threads in which his detractors are shouted down by his shills?

Wow, ATS really is Ron Paul Central as of late.

Supporters are "shills" now? Spin hard. SPIN. Wheeeeeee!!

You're old hat at the spin doctoring. Should we call you "Doctor The Sword?"

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Wheres the Outkast's when u need them....lol.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   
I think Ron's statement comes off initially shocking and offensive (taken out of context of course) BUT when you think about it, if he were able to abolish federal income tax, these tax payers would be able to afford homeowner's insurance instead (if they couldn't already). And if that were the case, these people would be already taken care of without all the middle man BS of government intervention, govt funds going to people, people having to "do what they are told" to get the funds, and all the rest of the BS.

No income tax, more money for people. More money for people, easily affordable insurance. Easily affordable insurance, no suffering people from disasters.

Ron's logic is right, and people who are incapable of critical thinking once again rise to the top and show that by being sensational and overly emotional and reactionary make themselves to be the fool, as usual.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Snake oil salespeople.

So every single President we have had in this Nation's history is just like Obama?

Please answer that question with a simple yes or no. As you said, "ALL Politicians are like Obama". So if that were true and you actually believe what you are saying, there is only one answer you can give. If you answer "no" then you basically debunk yourself. So please, what say ye?

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by AwakeinNM
Another anti-Ron Paul hit thread. Spin it hard, baby.

What a joke.

Exactly..

Is anyone actually falling for this?

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   
All this talk about home owners insurance...I just have to ask some questions.

Does home owners insurance give you a place to sleep when your entire town has been flattend?

Does home owners insurance feed your family after every store in town has been wiped out from the same tornado that destroyed your town?

Does home owners insurance bring in the medical care and rescue services that are needed after a large scale disaster?

Oh...but you say the states should provide this once we get rid of the federal taxes.

But since a lot of states take in more federal dollars than they pay out...I don't think they are going to have the money to do so.

And if 10-20 tornados streak across your state and take out 50-100 towns...no state is going to have the funds or capacity to deal with a disaster of that size.

I say, it's a damn good thing we are a group of UNITED states, instead of INDIVIDUAL states. That way we have a federal government that UNITES us all so that when a huge disaster like this happens...that UNITED government can use funds collected from all the states to help the one in need.

It's almost as if it was designed that way.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

its there if need be
most of the time there is no need
it ends up forcing itself in everywhere to propagate its own existence

i think THAT is a problem

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join