It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul: No Federal Financial Aid for Tornado Victims

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by The Sword

Only because people like you give up on trying.
You say, "the ELITE (come on.. christ they aren't some mysterious entity, corporations and banks that we can fight against) pick the president." That is a cop out so you can be lazy. You say they pick the president, yet you apparently LOVE what they are doing and who they are picking because you argue against the choice that the people are pushing.

You say "they" pick the president, and then you come in here and defend the current system. You are an absolute joke.

BTW my response wasn't weak, I pointed out that you lacked an argument, and rather than take the chance to put one forth, you further deflected with (the weakest post of the thread, i might add) that my response was weak lol.
edit on 4-3-2012 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by DrinkYourDrug

No, we are talking voluntary and mutually beneficial transactions between employers and employees.

Educate yourself in what forced and voluntary means.

If you educate yourself in economics before debating on it you may appear less ignorant. Wiki "GDP" to find out what gross domestic product is.

I guess I should have been more clear to an appearant Dic% such as your self.

I guess what I should have said was,,,,

What output of goods and services would suit you for these peoples employment.

After all the last time I heard businesses were not hiring.

I guess you are right.

We should force them to serve us all tacos at minimum wage.

What an a$$.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

And you jump to conclusions so easily.

You're just pissed that I don't support Ron Paul and now your rage is showing.

Where did I defend the current system?

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Let's say RP won the presidential election

What would he get done anyway? He's not going get congress to approve any of his laws or to even take a look at his proposals.

But let's just say he did get something done and got some minor laws and bills passed, as soon as the next POTUS stepped in those changes would get reversed and it would be as if RP never was president.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by muse7
Let's say RP won the presidential election

What would he get done anyway? He's not going get congress to approve any of his laws or to even take a look at his proposals.

But let's just say he did get something done and got some minor laws and bills passed, as soon as the next POTUS stepped in those changes would get reversed and it would be as if RP never was president.

He would release a lot of documents that put a lot of people in bad places. Than probably end up dead.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   

I have enjoyed the discusion with you.

Unfortunately I am supposed to be in bed. I have to get up at 4 am to do my duty as a taxpaying citizen and report for duty 90 miles away from home.

It has been fun and goodnight.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by muse7

There is plenty of Tea Party Congress People who are ready to start the Revolution. There just waiting for the Leader to Get Elected so he will sign there Bills.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   

No.. I don't care if you don't support Ron Paul. You have defended the current system throughout this thread.
If you think the election is useless and the president is chose, then just by default you should be curious as to whether or not a candidate that the people are pushing into the top three can make it. Why wouldn't you, unless you are ok with not having a choice? Then the whole point you are here is to either support FEMA which is useless, or to speak against Ron Paul, whom you shouldn't waste your time with because you think the elections are a farce. Therefor one can only conclude either you are lying and you don't think they are a farce and support the current establishment. Or you just want to argue to argue.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by liejunkie01

Yeah I guess we should all work in government instead of a career which contributes to GDP. Where would the money to pay our salaries come from?

Educate yourself in what forced and voluntary means.

Please explain where you got the forced labor notion from. It's confused more posters than just me.

What output of goods and services would suit you for these peoples employment.

Anything which is good enough for the rest of us...

After all the last time I heard businesses were not hiring.

I don't seem to be having much trouble finding work as an engineer.

We should force them to serve us all tacos at minimum wage.

Where did you get this notion of force? No one's stopping them from making something of themselves and gaining independence from the government teat.

edit on 4-3-2012 by DrinkYourDrug because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   

As much as you want him to be, Ron Paul isn't the candidate that's going to unite the entire country.

NONE of the candidates will.

Now, if we had a 3rd party candidate with concise ideas that benefit ALL Americans (not just the constitutionalists!), then we might have a chance.

Ron Paul's refusal to run 3rd party just shows that he's a coward who really doesn't want to be president. That's probably the only way he would have a chance and he's throwing it away by sticking with the establishment.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by BellaSabre

That's because you don't understand the position. The federal government works for Israel. The states work for the people. That is why foreign aid is dealt with more efficiently, where domestic aid takes forever (like Katrina and Joplin). If the states kept the money to bank role for these disasters, there would be little reliance on the ZOG (Zionist Occupied Government), who couldn't care less for the people from whom they take their money.

I stand with Ron Paul. He knows what's going on and this is just another headline taken out of context. Shame on the Zionist controlled media, but it doesn't surprise me...and should not surprise anyone who understands the inner workings of appropriations. Beyond this, the states are much more efficient if they had the money the constitutional powers grant them. You don't have to look any further than current events over the last 50 years to know this is exactly what is happening. Foreign countries, especially Israel, trump the states. Ron Paul wants to change that. See this thread...

Former CIA Officer Michael Scheuer on FOX: AIPAC owns the Congress

RON PAUL 2012
edit on 5-3-2012 by NowIsThe because: link

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Also, I didn't give up on trying.

I voted for Obama in 2008 and you know what? I REGRET IT.

Now get off my case.

Obama used similar rhetoric as Ron Paul is using now (hope and change) to dupe his supporters into garnering votes. Unlike Obama, RP isn't as good at hooking people.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   

LOL... Ron Paul was spitten game well before Obama was born. I doubt this is similar. Obama was a HOPE that was false and RP is LIBERTY and the rebirth of the American Dream that used to exist.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nephlim
How much money do you think gets wasted with FEMA, IRS, tax lawyers, politicians? how much times does your money change hands and pay for a beuracrats lexus b4 it comes back to you? if it even comes back?

I don't think Bureaucratizes drive Lexus B4s. I always imagined them working in a soulless government building crammed in a cubical farm with a thousand others like them. Pilled under thousands of redundancies and regulations. Kind of like office space I would imagine. I don't think they enjoy their job or even get payed well, but its stable and gives benefits. Though this is just my image of it, I could be wrong never met a government stooge.

OT:

I think this chap puts it better than I could.
edit on 3/4/2012 by Mcupobob because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

You know what Antar that is what will happen... The truth will be swept under the rug, but then yet this thread is going to get so out of control that its going to make it look like RP is the bad guy when he is actually speaking the truth... What RP is saying is deep and you should pay attention to it. RP is not selling dreams at the moment he is being truthful, and if you think what he said was wrong then blame someone else not RP....!!!!

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by hoochymama

Of course, ignore RP's connections with Conrad Black and Stormfront and he sounds perfectly fine, right?

I can't stop laughing here.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by liejunkie01
It seems the federal government has been helping long before people around here would like to admit..

It is not so much the issue of giving assistance where it is needed, it is more a matter that we have continued to increase the size and responsibility of FEMA and the larger they get the more ineffective they seem to become. In theory FEMA sounds wonderful, in practice not so much.

RP does a pretty decent job in this interview trying to explain it.

Now in this interview RP makes the claim that people in his district do not like FEMA. I live on the gulf coast, I can tell you for a fact that he is right. Let me tell you what happens down here when FEMA comes to town. After Hurricanes Katrina and RIta which devastated the Gulf Coast, we had TONS of FEMA workers in all these areas from Texas to Mississippi. Not to mention plenty of refugees coming West from New Orleans. The first thing you noticed was price gouging from the hotels. Since there was constant flow of FEMA workers, Construction crews, and refugees who's bill was being paid by FEMA, the hotels increased their prices. How much? Well prior to the hurricanes I had come down here for wor. I stayed in 2 hotels that month. The first was a motel 6 which ran about $75 per night. I eventually moved across the street to a travel lodge that ran $60 a night. When it was time for me to leave and a friend was being sent to take my place, he had asked me to find him the absolute cheapest place I could find, and I found him one that was going to cost $125 per week. It was a rat hole, it was nasty, it was ghetto. However it did have a kitchen so he was able to cook for himself and save cost instead of eating out every day.

When I came back down here for work after the Hurricanes, EVERY single hotel I was able to find was booked solid. It you were able to find a room, chances are it was only available for a day or two at most because FEMA, refugees, construction crews were expected in. I started at the Motel 6 that I was in before, they were booked and they were charging $125 per night. The travel lodge across the street was booked with refugees and they were charging $120 a night. I went to old rat hole, they were now charging $425 per week and they were booked with mainly construction crews.

This price gouging was outrageous and the bill was being paid by YOU, the taxpayer. This is just the tip of the iceberg. Eventually I moved here and I was just in time for hurricanes Gustav and Ike. I refused to evacuate and if you dig far enough back into my posting history and find those threads, you can see for yourself why I choose to stay and you can see for yourself how I was ridiculed, talked down to, told how foolish I was, etc etc etc by members on here while the minority understood and even supported my choice. Gustav of course was the joke I thought it was going to be and Ike was a very impressive storm. This time around I learned a few new things. For starters there was not as much destruction so the hotels could not price gouge. Prices at the hotels this time around remained consistent and normal. However, since people were told to evacuate and a State of Emergency was declared and a curfew was in place, people were not able to work as normal. The first thing to be handed out lie free candy was food stamps. It did not matter who you were, how much money you had or did not have, everyone got food stamps. I refused, I had money and I was able to take care of myself but I was shocked at how many people who were able to provide for themselves had their hand out for anything they could get.
I had roommates at this time who were young and stupid. One of them wanted to fix the an AC pan in the attic that was leaking. In doing so, he almost fell through the ceiling a few times. The result from this was a ceiling that sagged in different spots. The AC unit was actually too small for the house we were renting the unit began having problems. In the laundry room the washer hookup had a leak from the faucet that I had begged the landlord to fix and he choose not to. Eventually this lead to water damage along that wall and the whole wall needed to be repaired. All of these things happened prior to the hurricanes, but I will give you two guesses who got a nice big fat check from FEMA after blaming it on the weather. Yes, that is correct, you the taxpayer, paid my landlord a nice chunk of change for things that had nothing to do with Hurricanes Ike or Gustav.

My landlord was not the only one, as I talked with neighbors and other people in the area, it seemed everyone had a scam they were running to get some free FEMA money. It was all everyone talked about. This is FEMA in action for you. I could go on forever talking about these things most people would never think about when they hear FEMA. All they think about is the extreme cases and the real needy when in fact we are paying for much mo

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   

That's the thing. You have to wise up and understand that that can't happen. Not as long as there is media propaganda and religious zealots. Sorry, you have to read between the lines.

If you were capable of reading between the lines you would see that RP is the best choice we have for uniting the people. I am a pro choice, anti death penalty, gun owner. I am for a public option in healthcare. I believe in some sort of welfare system. I believe in some things that go directly against Paul's beliefs and he goes against mine in some regards. I however am no so dense as to be incapable of understanding that in order to make real change you must first break the cycle. That is what I am doing, that is why I am a RP supporter. We come from everywhere and all ideologies.

If I could have a president that was pro gun, pro choice (excluding partial births), pro public option, anti war, for gay marriage, and a sound currency based on gold. I would. No one can come out and be that person though. Not in this country not in this political climate. Ron Paul isn't interested in taking away birth control, or withholding gay marriage, or any of that other b.s. that liberals are trying to make him wear like a noose. He has to voice his personal preference in order to appease the GOP, but that isn't what he is after. He is after stopping war, saving money, and returning the real money to the people. That is all I need right now.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Quoted from this article Article of Stormfront endorcing RP “He’s clearly not a white nationalist, he does not have the same worldview we do,” Black told Cenk. “But we agree with his stand on the issues, which we believe are heartfelt, coincide with ours. I might prefer that he understand the racial issues that we deal with a little more than he does.”

Why are you making a big deal that a KNOWN Racist group endorses RP?? Im sure there are non that support the other Candidates. LOL?!

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword

As much as you want him to be, Ron Paul isn't the candidate that's going to unite the entire country.

NONE of the candidates will.

Now, if we had a 3rd party candidate with concise ideas that benefit ALL Americans (not just the constitutionalists!), then we might have a chance.

Ron Paul's refusal to run 3rd party just shows that he's a coward who really doesn't want to be president. That's probably the only way he would have a chance and he's throwing it away by sticking with the establishment.

I'll agree with that notion; currently it's almost impossible for a single candidate to unite the country. Blame the media, blame the system, blame whatever, it's not going to happen.

It's called divide and conquer, and it works.

Just look at this thread.

Edit: That part about Constitutionalists hit me back a bit. Call me archaic, but if the President, Congress, Military swear an oath to protect the Constitution, then... shouldn't it be protected and not pooped on daily?
edit on 5-3-2012 by squidboy because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join