It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul: No Federal Financial Aid for Tornado Victims

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by badconduct

You don't need the Government to take your money,

I wish you would tell that to someone in congress, because my check stub says otherwise..

The last thing I believe this country need right now is any policy that cuts jobs. Eliminating half of the FED workforce would put over 1 million people out of work. This would cause a trickle down effect and end up hurting us more in the long run.

Where are these people going to work if there is already a job shortage? What would they do apply for unemployment benefits and cost the tax payer more money?

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
reply to post by The Sword

Especially health insurance. How is an 18 year old supposed to afford to go to the doctor when their chances of getting a job that provides insurance is incredibly slim? Be indebted thousands of dollars because you happened to get sick? Its ridiculous....
edit on 4-3-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

Take the money at gun-point.

Oh wait, that's the current system.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by liejunkie01
reply to post by badconduct

You don't need the Government to take your money,

I wish you would tell that to someone in congress, because my check stub says otherwise..

The last thing I believe this country need right now is any policy that cuts jobs. Eliminating half of the FED workforce would put over 1 million people out of work. This would cause a trickle down effect and end up hurting us more in the long run.

Where are these people going to work if there is already a job shortage? What would they do apply for unemployment benefits and cost the tax payer more money?

You have a choice between laying off a bunch of people that no one can afford to pay, or running up such a huge debt, that the whole country is going to risk being "Laid off" because of irresponsibility.

People who work, and want to work, will do fine, with or without money.

People who make money and do very little work will be left in the dust if the Government has to default on it's loans.

Working and money are not the same thing. You can work for food, you can work for shelter, you can work for charity in your spare time.

You can make money sitting in a chair online gambling, benefiting no one, and collecting tax money.
edit on 4-3-2012 by badconduct because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by liejunkie01

Eliminating half of the FED workforce would put over 1 million people out of work.

And force them to get a job which actually contributes to the country's gross domestic product instead of further straining the fiscal deficit.

As the benefits would be lower than the salaries they are paid it would cost the tax payer less money.

edit on 4-3-2012 by DrinkYourDrug because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by DrinkYourDrug

And force them to get a job which actually contributes to the country's gross domestic product instead of further straining the fiscal deficit.

Are we talking forced slave labor here.

And what gross domestic product would that be these days?

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Simple, NO STATE CAN TAKE CARE OF EVERYONE. Next.

Insurance issue is completely different story. If we took half of the Lawyers who are working on BS and created a Contract Rights Cabinet with 1/4 budget of the Current Education Budget, which will be CUT 100%, than we can hold these Insurance Companies to task more easily. This Contract Rights Cabinet will report direct to Congress Members who vote ONLY according to the Constitution. All other Votes will be NOT COUNTED. A Complete reversal of the System.

NEXT.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   

This is just a ridiculous comment and only degrades the conversation here. I hope you were just pulling the "tard" card on this, because judging from some of your previous posts you have an education.

edit on 4-3-2012 by rockn82 because: I killed that quote and I don't care.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by hoochymama

This is my biggest gripe with RP supporters/constitutionalists: You assume that your ideas will fix things and that they are absolute.

The rest of us live in reality and know that your ideas are half-baked and won't work.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   

No, we are talking voluntary and mutually beneficial transactions between employers and employees.

And what gross domestic product would that be these days?

If you educate yourself in economics before debating on it you may appear less ignorant. Wiki "GDP" to find out what gross domestic product is.

reply to post by rockn82

Missing one more quote tag on your post?
edit on 4-3-2012 by DrinkYourDrug because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Man many of you people are the reason why nothing will ever change. Why will continue getting the same republican and democrat lackeys who will keep business in Washington running as usual, while they continue stripping your liberties and squeezing you and your family of every last dime until there is nothing left.
Listening, to many of you support the federal government, that has stolen and usurped the power of the states and single handed erected themselves as tyrannical masters and king of the states, who every word is like unto the law and will of god,and who rail against the states trying to get their due and just powers back, only continues to confirm for me that indeed the experiment of the founding father's did fail and the false "nation" a lot of you seem to be worshiping the one that slayed the "republic" and then wrapped itself in it's vestments and flag, should fail as well.

Of course if there is any justice, you will continue to support the corrupt politicians and they will continue spending like there is no tomorrow and eventually the whole damn thing will collapse under it's own weight.

The United States of America was never intended to be a singular nation with all the power vested in the hands of the federal government, it was intended to be a republic, a loose affiliation of states, gathering together for their mutual safety and welfare and free to leave that union at any time that it threatened the welfare and power of the state and it's citizens. The individual states were actually suppose to be the flowering of a brilliant idea that the founding father's had, the free market of government.

The states were not intended to have homogenous singular laws, but each to have the laws that the people within the state devised.If the people of any state wanted legalized gambling, drinking, prostitution, drugs or even gay marriage, then so be it. If the people of the state don't like it they could change it, if they couldn't find enough people to help them change it they could move to one of the other states were the majority of the people agreed with them. If you like drinking and gambling go to Nevada, if not go to Utah, etc.

That was one of the greatest ideas of the founding father, freedom for the people of each state to decide it's course and every state offering another choice of government for the people. It was what we lost when the federal government destroyed the republic and usurped the power of the states.

And for those who keep saying this is not the 1700s, all I can say is the truth is truth whatever age it is spoken in and the ideas of the founding fathers are no less relevant in this modern era, then they were in 1700s, they to saw a government that erected a multitude of laws and offices and slowly began to eat away their sustenance with taxes and regulations. Yeah the knowledge they held in the 1700s is as relevant now as then, because it all comes around again, tyrants never change and their really is nothing new under the sun.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword

This is my biggest gripe with RP supporters/constitutionalists: You assume that your ideas will fix things and that they are absolute.

The rest of us live in reality and know that your ideas are half-baked and won't work.

My biggest problem is with people who want to ignore the constitution. If it needs to be changed then lets change it. Otherwise lets, as a nation, live by it. That's kinda how it's supposed to work.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   

How do you know?? How many Contracts have you written. Maybe alot I dont know. The point is, these things that you dismiss as NEVER GOING TO WORK doesn't make sense. How do you figure we pay for EVERYONE's issues that they cant fix them selves. What happens when unemployment reaches 30% or 40%. Than what?? Keep doing the same thing?? What happens when gas prices hit $7.00 a gallon. Ohhh, that wont happen right?? Lol. No thought we would see $3.00 a gallon like it was normal.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by rockn82

The constitution was not meant to be treated as a holy document.

Our founding fathers did not shy away from this.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   

You know this because...
because you think you know, but you just say it, and never back it up.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   

What does it it matter what I do for employment?

Why do so many on here resort to strawman arguments?

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

Weak response.

By November, you'll all realize that the ELITE, not us, choose the president.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   

How does keeping with the status quo help any of us? It helps people in useless jobs for sure. We do not produce anything these days except useless jobs. People that do useful things are considered irrelevant, while people that sit at desks and contribute nothing are making the big bucks. This cannot last, at least I hope it can't. People that pore their sweat and blood into building things are somehow considered less than liars..... We can do without liars, but good luck to people that think they can survive without the middle class. If no one was there to build their houses and deliver their food etc etc, the country would be a wreck.

edit on Sun, 04 Mar 2012 23:24:19 -0600 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   

I didn't bring it up. Someone on your side of this argument defended FEMA by using Katrina.
My best friend was down there when it went down. The federal government isn't the group you want "fixing" things after these disasters.

And to answer your question.. YES we do judge these things by incidences like Katrina. Was that some kind of deflection/argument you were making. Scoff, Katrina, rolls eyes. That is the best and most recent example of how ill prepared the government is to handle a catastrophe.

Ok.. you want to set Katrina aside. Fine, Hurricane Floyd was also a pathetic response by FEMA. Fact is they are next to worthless and a huge waste of resources.
edit on 4-3-2012 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Really? So they wrote the document and strived to create a genius series of checks and balances between all the branches so that we can just pretend that is it not important?

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   

I didnt say I cared about what you do for a living. I was saying that if we focused more on Contract Rights which Guarantee your agreement with another person or company than you would start to realize how important the Constitution and your own Liberty is. This would take care of the Insurance Issue, readily available Lawyers to look at Contracts between any agreement between a Company and a Citizen. These Lawyers will be Voted by Constitutional Congressman ONLY. This is KEY.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join