It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why *do* we have to defend Israel?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Starchild23

You don't think the billions in tax-payer monies going to Israel give every American justification for asking what this is all about?
How about simply restating the question?
Why do we care so much about Israel that part of my paycheck is sent to them on a regular basis?

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by The GUT
It's not that I think you're an anti-semite. I just think you don't have a clue. Have a nice day.

Why does saying that we don't think USA and UK should keep defending Israel make you anti-semite?

If we say that USA & UK should stop defending Canada (if they ever did) hardly makes us anti Canadian.

So now just saying we shouldn't be spending tax dollars on their country makes us anti - whatever? Makes no sense to me.

As far as ongoing defense of Israel, the Brits created the whole mess by deciding in 1947 that it would be a very good idea to create a Jewish nation in the middle of a bunch of Arabs, in a place that was never a Jewish state in the first place.

Even in Roman times, Israel was NOT a Jewish State, is was simply an enclave of the Roman Empire. The number of Jews worldwide is so small that it's amazing that world Governments pander to them, no matter how horrible their history was.

It hardly makes us anti-Semite to suggest that they go it alone.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Puck 22
reply to post by Starchild23

You don't think the billions in tax-payer monies going to Israel give every American justification for asking what this is all about?
How about simply restating the question?
Why do we care so much about Israel that part of my paycheck is sent to them on a regular basis?

We play off both sides against the middle. Give millions of dollars to Israel AND millions of dollars to Egypt. That way, if there's another war, USA is backing the winning side.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by thebabyseagull

I think its a religious issue,i hear it says in the bible that god promised the land of Isreal to the jewish people,and if you believe what it says in there,and most if not all American presidents do, then to not help Isreal would be to go against the word of god,also i think it says something about jesus returning to Jerusalum,or something,so no Isreal no return of Christ.

There it is in a nut shell: the hold that poor little Israel has on the soul of Americans since "Churchianity" began. I know. That is the dogma that is preached every Sunday in every church sermon I was ever forced to attend since I was a little child.

Jesus is a Jew (the special people) and we must defend "Jesusland" to the death or we will not get to "Heaven". That they (the jews) killed him doesn't seem to matter to the Christian paradigm in America. Well they didn't actually kill him, they just fingered him and handed him over so as not to get their hands dirty. Same thing in all the crusade wars throughout history. Somehow, the Christians and Catholics etc., had to defend the "Holy Land" from Evil.

And here we are today in the same boat. We have to defend the "Holy Land" with our blood and treasure. And Israelites still seek to get someone else to do their dirty work for them.

I guess they are a little paranoid because they are so well disliked by everyone and lately the "Spring" of awareness makes their little ploy less tenable. They are even more paranoid right now about all the revolution in the region and so are looking to take out more enemies preemptively (like Syria, Iran), but only if someone else will do it for them... again.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Puck 22
reply to post by The GUT

Well how can anyone argue with that?
Seriously. How could anyone respond to such an incredibly vague meaningless statement?
If your entire response had simply been:
Your stupid
2nd line
would it have conveyed any more/and less information?

And yet you argue & respond anyway, puckmeister.

I elaborated a little further on in the thread for those that didn't get my drift, but maybe you got as bored with this OP as I have and missed it? That's as nice as I can be and wouldn't dare state that you, or anyone else, were stupid 2nd line.

What's your OWN and studied opinion on the issue, btw?

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by The GUT

My take on it?I see Israel as the Nazis of the 21st century. I see them committing genocide on the Palestinian people. I see them like parasites using the Holocaust to do a guilt trip on the world allowing them to leech off others. They disgust me and I see no reason why they should get a nickel of American tax money.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   
It's not really about "defending" Israel, it's more about holding them back and diplomatically telling them to calm down and NOT to retaliate whenever they get threatened by their Muslim half-brothers.
If not, they would have destroyed all the anti Semites in the world.
And that is exactly what would happen if Ron Paul got elected.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Puck 22

Wait.....let me see if I can get this right. US sends financial aid to Israel but the money is saved for the next 5 years to be used to finance the US election campaign of their chosen candidate who will in turn be indebted to the Israelis/Jews. No wonder the Jews have the US under their thumb because that is real dumb.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

If that is the case then Israel should not possess any nukes. Having nuclear arsenals requires restrain and is not a license to threaten everyone. People with that kind of mentality should not have nukes. It was a grave mistake from the start. What were they thinking when they first allowed her to have these arsenals. But then again that was so many years ago...nobody would have knew that it would turn out this way. The same goes for the regime change currently on going in the Mideast...they'd also do not know how it'll turn out one day.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

Yes... it is a case of " David and Goliath " No country on this planet can dictate terms to US except Israel. When they ask the US to jump the US will ask "how high?"

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join