It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama: "We Will Always Reject The Notion That Zionism Is Racism"

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

I don't care what "version of the term race" you are implying.. RACE transcends religion. For instance Israel has a very large Jewish Semitic population. You know, the same ethnicity as Palestinians? Israel also has a huge population of Germanic/Anglo white Jews. So we have two subsets of a single race with multiple hereditary ethnic backgrounds and all of a sudden we are grouping them into a massive movement and declaring it a "racist" nationalist movement?

I'm trying to explain to you the absurdity of such a claim. A movement that transcends racial boundaries cannot in fact be a racist movement... it's an oxymoron.

Call it bigotry, call it Nationalism, call it unethical, theocratic, closed minded, ignorant, but don't call it "racist" .. because it's clearly not.

(And for the ignorant and the blatantly anti-Semitic, when you hear the term "Jewish Race" it refers to the hereditary (maternal) "inheritance" of a Jewish child's acceptance into the Jewish faith. It is not actually "racial" in that a race is a specific genetic relationship of an entire community, thus a white Jewish woman mates with a black christian man .. the child is automatically considered a Jew by Jews, regardless of it's actual racial identity. Religious affiliation is not in anyway associated with Race, I'm an Irish Catholic, but that doesn't make Irish Catholics a race.)
edit on 3/4/2012 by Rockpuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
reply to post by ILikeStars

OMG that was so intelligent of you, a dictionary link to refute my point!

Definition of ZIONISM
: an international movement originally for the establishment of a Jewish national or religious community in Palestine and later for the support of modern Israel

Nationalism. Religious affiliation. Are. Not. Races.

Race: noun
Each of the major divisions of humankind, having distinct physical characteristics.

Deny ignorance.

reply to post by Rockpuck

You are so funny. Then maybe I was not refuting your point? Or was I? Or was I inferring some unclear anomalies in the English language? The definition of Zionism includes: "Jewish national or religious community.

Jewish nationalism = Jewish nationality? Maybe?

Part of the defintion of nationality includes:

b: an ethnic group constituting one element of a larger unit

Also: Synonyms for nationality =

Synonyms: ethnicity, nation, race

Definition of SYNONYM
1: one of two or more words or expressions of the same language that have the same or nearly the same meaning in some or all senses.

So, are we absolutely sure that 100% of all possible definitions and interpretations of "Zionsism" (aka Jewish nationalism/nationality) is not anywhere near to being a race?

Definition of NATIONALISM

1: loyalty and devotion to a nation; especially: a sense of national consciousness exalting one nation above all others and placing primary emphasis on promotion of its culture and interests as opposed to those of other nations or supranational groups

2: a nationalist movement or government

www.merriam-webster.com...

nationality: www.merriam-webster.com...

Personally I believe Jewish can both refer to the religion which also includes people from many races and also Jewish in the sense from being descendent from the Hebrews and the tribes written about in the Bible.

I'm not saying you are wrong. I'm saying are we sure it could not be interpretted this way?

Only inquiring and presenting information I believe relevant to the conversation.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

Ethnic nationalism en.wikipedia.org...
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search

Ethnic nationalism is a form of nationalism wherein the "nation" is defined in terms of ethnicity. Whatever specific ethnicity is involved, ethnic nationalism always includes some element of descent from previous generations and the implied claim of ethnic essentialism, i.e. the understanding of ethnicity as an essence that remains unchanged over time.

The central theme of ethnic nationalists is that "..nations are defined by a shared heritage, which usually includes a common language, a common faith, and a common ethnic ancestry."[1] It also includes ideas of a culture shared between members of the group, and with their ancestors, and usually a shared language; however it is different from purely cultural definitions of "the nation" (which allow people to become members of a nation by cultural assimilation) and a purely linguistic definitions (which see "the nation" as all speakers of a specific language). Herodotus is the first who stated the main characteristics of ethnicity, with his famous account of what defines Greek identity, where he lists kinship (Greek: ?µa?µ?? - homaimon, "of the same blood"[2]), language (Greek: ?µ????ss?? - homoglosson, "speaking the same language"[3]), cults and customs (Greek: ?µ?t??p?? - homotropon, "of the same habits or life").[4][5][6]

The theorist Anthony D. Smith uses the term 'ethnic nationalism' for non-Western concepts of nationalism as opposed to Western views of a nation defined by its geographical territory. Diaspora studies scholars extend this non-geographically bound concept of "nation" among diasporic communities, at times using the term ethnonation or ethnonationalism to describe a conceptual collective of dispersed ethnics.[7]

Ethnic nationalism is also present in many states' immigration policies in the form of repatriation laws. States such as Armenia, Bulgaria, Croatia, Finland, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Ireland, Israel, Romania, Serbia, and Turkey provide automatic or rapid citizenship to members of diasporas of their own dominant ethnic group, if desired.[1] For example, Italy allows citizenship almost entirely on the basis of jus sanguinis (having an Italian Ancestor). Israel's Law of Return, grants every Jew the right to settle in Israel and automatically acquire citizenship.[8] In Germany, citizenship is open to ethnic Germans.[clarification needed] According to the Greek nationality law, Greeks born abroad may transmit citizenship to their children from generation to generation indefinitely.

On the other hand, civic nationalism defines membership as an individual's duty to observe given laws and in turn receive legal privileges.

A nation-state for the ethnic group derives political legitimacy from its status as homeland of that ethnic group, from its protective function against colonization, persecution or racism, and from its claim to facilitate the shared cultural and social life, which may not have been possible under the ethnic group's previous status as an ethnic minority.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck

What moronic stupidity is this?

Israel is not a race. Judaism is not a race. It's a religion.
Israel has many different races, ethnicity, cultures etc.. it's an immigrant nation.. Zionism being about Judaism is a theocratic belief system .. nothing to do with race.

Why again Judaism was named in the name of Judah the traitor ?

never understood that

Who killed Jesus again ?
not the romans ..
edit on 3/5/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   
The thing is, there is a great deal of ambiguity over whether the Jews are a race, a religion, an ethnicity, or something else.

Many Zionists use this ambiguity as a weapon to get their way in different contexts. For example, if Isreal is attacked, they can shriek and howl about racism and Hitler and Nazis and so on. On the other hand, if somebody calls out Zionism or Isarel as racist, the Zionists can then turn around and say "Well, we aren't a race."

It's a pretty sweet deal they have going there.

It's also very, very sick and very, very manipulative.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join