It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Am I The Only One Who Agrees With The Georgia Guide Stones?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   
I agree with the sentiment, but not the dictatorial slant of the rules. 500,000,000 probably is a more sensible number of humans, but it should not happen through slaughter and genocide, but rather over the course of many generations through low birth-rates (where each race and family comprises a sensible proportion of the overall population. It should also not be up to a self-elected group to decide who and how population is decreased.

Basically, I believe that our numbers will be balanced if we return to a consumer-free, tribal, spiritual way. I know I'm not going to make many friends with this post... ah well.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Huggiesunrise

Originally posted by ALOSTSOUL
So I was recently reading an article about the Georgia Guide stones, the article was bashing them saying that they are part of the satanic NWO etc etc. But I find myself in agreement with all but the first "rules" the stones set.

Anyone else feel the same?

1. Maintain humanity under 500,000,000 in perpetual balance with nature.

This figure is conjecture there's no proof sustainability and peace (nature included) cannot be had with a higher number the fact this number is set down in any case. post apocalyptic survival or draconian population control aside means the author is not a fan of humanity and considers a bulk of the population is worthless. Its a hint of a eugenic philosophy that human beings can be "bred" for success.

2. Guide reproduction wisely -- improving fitness and diversity.

Eugenic statement. Again breeding for success when in this day and age even minor genetic engineering is expensive and unpredictable.

3. Unite humanity with a living new language.

This could possibly happen if the above conditions are met. Again simplifying sentient life leads only to a path of self sterilization. No diversity? No mutation and differences mean the entire species can be wiped out easier.

4. Rule passion -- faith -- tradition -- and all things with tempered reason.

Subjective content. odd how the words tradition and faith are put in where the above would require a fundamental lack of these things. Most important word here is Rule.

5. Protect people and nations with fair laws and just courts.

That is after the above is met cause once the size and shape is "perfect" of course ruling them will be much easier.

6. Let all nations rule internally resolving external disputes in a world court.

One.. world.. government... external dispute amongst sovereigns are to be handled between said sovereigns if there was said court this court would be tantamount to a world government there would be no nations here just subjects of the world court.

7. Avoid petty laws and useless officials.

And self contradictory guide-stones.

8. Balance personal rights with social duties.

personal rights is an interesting way to put it, what constitutes a social duty? the laws above? stone the child over 500000000? kill everyone over 30 years old? aloof half statement alluding probably to something worse.

9. Prize truth -- beauty -- love -- seeking harmony with the infinite.

Utterly contradictory with the statements above unless of course this is a "if you've done steps one through eight you should now have --- etc.

10. Be not a cancer on the earth -- Leave room for nature -- Leave room for nature.

The idea man can fully comprehend his impact on the environment seems arrogant to me. To think that in our grand knowledge of this world we live is sufficient enough to put an ideal "human weight limit" is hubris.

Technology and better societal systems can ensure we live with nature in a harmonic way, but we aren't there yet. To condemn man away from achieving this by simply saying "you are cancer on this planet" is nothing more then the propaganda of self hatred. And that is nothing new to this world.

Self love and the willingness to improve our lives and our world will accomplish utopia. Nothing else.. no order of cryptic laws left in stone or some Malthusian idea one must suffer life to live it.

Very well said, and to the "heart" of the matter concerning these "guideline's", kinda thinking the sledgehammer idea has merit here?

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by MountainLaurel
Very well said, and to the "heart" of the matter concerning these "guideline's", kinda thinking the sledgehammer idea has merit here?

Give me any list...any possible benevolent list you can possibly think of, and I can twist the words and spin it to make it sound like Satan himself put it down.

Seriously...any list whatsoever...say "love your mommy and give her hugs and kisses" as one of them...yep...I can make that sound evil also.
ok, that might be a tough one (unless we discuss incest).
Point being, you can read what is written and take it as is
or you can have someone twist it to suit an agenda and voila...you have a list of evil.

The question is, why do people want to spin words to reflect good sensible ideas and actions as something evil and to avoid?

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   
OK lets rip this NWO psyops apart rule by rule.

Smells of Eugenics to me and this Oh so simple and nicey nicey rule is a dangerous idea - We killed them for the sake of Humanity and the Earth. Who will say what perpetual balance is - certainly not you or I but some psuedo sceintific group or Institution probably funded by the usual suspects.

Guide reproduction - who needs to guide reproduction -
who is arrogant enough to state controlling natural pro creation as wise - we already have condoms if we choose to use them.

Language is alive already why destroy individuality in culture. Sure the elitist language of Latin is dead to those not privvy to elitist education. Who will choose what words we can use - I guess in the same breath my Yorkshire accent will be deemed unfit as well.

4. Rule passion -- faith -- tradition -- and all things with tempered reason
Rule passion - we need more people to be passionate - we are not their slaves and are free to choose what we believe - As for reason - who's reason - who is to say what is reasonable.

Protect people from governments they are the biggest killers.

6. Let all nations rule internally resolving external disputes in a world court.
Who will control these world courts - the same people who control world banks, mainstream media etc

Avoid the NWO

Personal rights - that is a good idea - social duties to which society - their society - their tyranny

Whose truth - beauty is in the eye of the beholder - love of what - harmony with the infinate - sounds like an ATS thread in the Gray Area - let the NWO come on ATS as an equal and see what is what - One persons truth is not always anothers yet both can be correct.

10. Be not a cancer on the earth -- Leave room for nature -- Leave room for nature.
OK if they want to get rid of the real cancer it starts with them - Yet the NWO and it cronies are also on Earth for a purpose but not the purpose their conceit speaks of - perhaps they have this grand delusion of control but in reality they are controlled by something greater than any of us. - Thank goodness.
Leave room for nature - many know their plan of off limits areas of wilderness - off limits to us but not them who they prefer to be in citys that are easily controlled.

I am sure I just heard an alien race sigh in harmony

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by MountainLaurel

Ha Ha - See you just posted your own retort
Great minds think alike and fools beg to differ

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   
I think the new word order is what we get after some cataclysmic event. Those rules are for the new world. Just my 2 cents...

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

Originally posted by MountainLaurel

Give me any list...any possible benevolent list you can possibly think of, and I can twist the words and spin it to make it sound like Satan himself put it down.

Seriously...any list whatsoever...say "love your mommy and give her hugs and kisses" as one of them...yep...I can make that sound evil also.
ok, that might be a tough one (unless we discuss incest).
Point being, you can read what is written and take it as is
or you can have someone twist it to suit an agenda and voila...you have a list of evil.

The question is, why do people want to spin words to reflect good sensible ideas and actions as something evil and to avoid?

What you say is true - so lists are dangerous which means their list is dangerous as it is open to their interpretation and abuse it is tyranny in disguise.
Animal Farm explains this simply

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by artistpoet
What you say is true - so lists are dangerous which means their list is dangerous as it is open to their interpretation and abuse it is tyranny in disguise.
Animal Farm explains this simply

-eyes the 10 commandments, then a history book-

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Sounds like Neo-fascism to me.

Who gets to decide who lives and dies and who is "worthy" enough? It didn't work in Nazi Germany and won't work anywhere else, oh wait...

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nicolas Flamel
Sounds like Neo-fascism to me.

Who gets to decide who lives and dies and who is "worthy" enough? It didn't work in Nazi Germany and won't work anywhere else, oh wait...

True - when are these mother truckers gonna learn - no one can control the world - they always fall flat on their arrogant butts - A Nazi by any other name still smells like a Nazi.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   
No, you're not.

Too bad we royally screwed that pooch though.

It's too late to go back on most of them now, especially #1.

Hopefully, should mankind ever see a global catastrophe, the guidestones will remain. And I hope that that time around, what's left of mankind will pick themselves from the rubble and heed their message.

The guidestones are no more than a time capsule folks built to withstand time and distaster. I'm not exactly sure how the NWO boogieman and it's sinister plans got weaved into their tapestry.

If the NWO's plan is all about power and money, then how are they supposed to steal money and power from a bunch of dead people they killed? The less of us there are, the less money there is for them to take. I don't get this logical disconnect.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   
i dunno.

we all want to believe that eventually humanity will unite and work out our problems and share resources.
but by time that happens, we will have a population of 15billion? only to help hinder those efforts greatly really.

im not usually an "end justify the means" kinda guy, but i dont think we have the time to fix our problems without something drastic ; ;
either natural disaster needs to whipe out 75% of the world, or some unnamed nation is going to have to conquer the world.

granted that nation is the bad guy right? but 100 years after domination, that 1 nation is the closest chance we have to order. no matter how you define order, some is better then the none we have now? maybe
at least in regard to the many nation system we are attempting now.

i dont know if i should be ashamed for saying that x.x

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by guavas
No, you're not.

Too bad we royally screwed that pooch though.

It's too late to go back on most of them now, especially #1.

Hopefully, should mankind ever see a global catastrophe, the guidestones will remain. And I hope that that time around, what's left of mankind will pick themselves from the rubble and heed their message.

The guidestones are no more than a time capsule folks built to withstand time and distaster. I'm not exactly sure how the NWO boogieman and it's sinister plans got weaved into their tapestry.

If the NWO's plan is all about power and money, then how are they supposed to steal money and power from a bunch of dead people they killed? The less of us there are, the less money there is for them to take. I don't get this logical disconnect.

Who says it is too late -
The elites are vastly outnumbered and live with the fear of being discovered for the tyrannts they truly are
They do not need money - money is a means to an end end and they have more money than they could ever require.
Footnote here
Not all elites are the same in their philosophy - some hate being trapped within their network and are good Human beings at heart but mostly afraid.
edit on 5-3-2012 by artistpoet because: typo

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by ucantcme

Over population is a Myth - There are exactly the right amount of people on the planet at any given time as there should be.

Perhaps the problem is not over population in itself, but the fact that we have no respect for our planet or anything on it. With this many people being careless and wasteful the consequenses are sure to be dire.

We have upset the balance of nature in so many ways....

Yes I agree we have upset the balance of nature - for example the state of the soil in which we grow food is badly depleted of all goodness.
I visited an Island called Sanday in the Orkneys - In the past Vikings used to grow wheat there year upon year without giving anything back to the soil - eventually the soil depleted of all organic matter was relegated to almost all sand on which nothing but coarse sparodic grass would grow.
Monsanto type thinking is not the answer for what are obvious reasons -
The answer is simple yet evades many - the answer is natural and simple - Give back to the Earth that which you take from it - Simple natural law.
When we harm nature we harm ourselves and yet how many really consider that the Earth has a purpose as do we both in the way of soul and biologically.
I believe it is our true nature to care for the Earth and each other
We can fire rockets to the Moon, view star fields millions of light years away - we are smart enough to sort out what ails us and our Earth if we want, if we choose to, if we care enough.
To bring the Earth to such a state where it is so depleted and then to think we can inhabit a new planet does not solve our inbalnance within ourselves, with the Earth or the greater Cosmos.
I am sure I just heard an alien sigh.

You are, of course, absolutely right about this. But the problem is nobody cares enough. Or rather not enough people care enough. Too many people are too caught up in their quest for everything they can get their hands on to take a step back and look at the bigger picture. Maybe some of them do realize but don't care because it is future consequences and they don't think it will affect them.

Most people can't see into next week let alone 50 years or 100 years and many don't care either way. That is why I agree with #1 on the guidestones. Though like I said in a previous post I do not agree with trying to bring the population down through nefarious means but rather let nature right itself. A Smaller population mean less destruction on the environment.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by ALOSTSOUL

4. Rule passion -- faith -- tradition -- and all things with tempered reason.

To answer your queation....No, you're not.

For all of you nit-picking certain rules, like number 1, saying that they're draconian and NWO-like, my question to you is.....do you have better ideas on how we should live......in peace? Or are all the wars between nations and ourselves acceptable to you simply because we have the free will to do so? Nowhere in these rules do I see ANYthing stating or even implying that certain people or entities should be "in charge" of implementing and enforcing these "rules". Besides which, they aren't the Georgia "rule" stones, but rather the Georgia "guide" stones. To me that implies that these are guides that we should implement ourselves.

It's really sad that our society has degenerated to the point where ideas on how we should live which would put us closer to nature are considered unnatural by so many. This world simply cannot keep sustaining us while we're doing what we're doing. Squandering our natural resources for the sake of money and fighting each other to do so. Don't believe me? Look out your window. Pay attention to the world around you and then tell me that everything is just fine and sustainable the way it is. We're going to hell in a handbasket and very few of us are enjoying the ride.

Let me give you an example of what I mean. I was talking with a friend the other day and she mentioned in passing that she feels safer in the big city where there are a lot of lights than in a rural environment where there's not. While I agreed with her that that makes sense, something interesting about what she said hit me later. She mentioned the lights made her feel safer, not the fact that there are more people around. The lights help illuminate her surroundings and the PEOPLE who are there, whether it's a big number of people in the city or a small number in the country. And while it's too bad that she feels that way, I'm sure she's not the only one. There are a lot of people who are uncomfortable, untrusting if you will, around other people especially if they're not easy to see.

We're closer to nature in the country but what makes this so uncomfortable to a lot of people is that we simply can't see our neighbrs that well. And this may be the biggest problem we all face today. We don't trust each other. We don't trust each other but we turn around and blame our leaders? It makes no sense to me. It also doesn't make sense to me that this is acceptable to so many people because because we get to keep our free will in the process. Kinda seems to me that this trade off isn't paying off too well.

I might finish this later when I'm more awake.

Just to clarify my 3rd and 4th paragraphs, I don't now if that was what my friend was implying, but that's what I took out of that part of the conversation. And I think I feel that way because that's the kind of thing I see most everyday. Little trust among us and we project that onto our leaders and say everything is THEIR fault. Don't get me wrong, I think most of them are idiots, but we have to look to ourselves if we want to solve our own problems. And if the guidestones are implying anything, I think that's what it is.
edit on 5-3-2012 by Taupin Desciple because: Clarity

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by ALOSTSOUL

I do tend to agree with you, but like many others have said...its that first rule that damns all the rest. If it wernt for that rule it would be a fantastic notion, but having it there means whom ever built it wants it to be that way. As others have posted, limiting our population is limiting ourselves. We have unlimited resources just outside our planet, its only a matter of surviving long enough and not blowing ourselves up before we reach them. For that matter we can support nature and still support far more than the first rule states with our current resources here, the issue is the control. Just a few weeks back there was posts showing we have the tech for windfarms that output more than nuclear plants, but big energy will never allow them to come to fruition because there's no money in cheap energy...the same way big pharma feels there's no money in finding cures. Its truely a sad state of affairs we're currently in, and the only reason we are in it is for bigger profits...

I do however feel we've gotten to the breaking point...to many people are fed up with the current condition and way too many are fully aware just who's doing the string pulling...so at this point only two possible outcomes can happen:

A: We force big corporations to hold human life to a higher standard than bigger profit margins

Or

B: Someone "accidentally" pushes that big red button, and while the fat cats hide in their bunkers with their tails between their legs... those of us that remain will find out just how good of intentions those who originally etched that first rule into the guidestones have for us.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by ucantcme

I feel sad - It did not have to be this way - I will never stop believing in the good in Humanity and how great Humanity can be but for sure Humanity has lost the plot - but never say never - It is not over till it is over and over is a new begining - another chance.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Count me in...I've been meaning to do a thread on this for a while. There probably is some sort of NWO conspiracy in the world but this isn't it....and I'd like to add, the nuts who disagree with the georgia guide stones are as much a problem and threat to society as this alleged NWO.

Nothing but good advice written on them IMNSHO

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by ALOSTSOUL

You"re not the only one, however you can't follow all the guidelines without the first. They are contingent on it.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   
What ails thee world? Oh! World of mine
What on Earth has possessed thy mind
To cause such harm to your own kind
Reaping the blighted harvest of bitter seeds sown.

Sad soul forlorn, Oh world war torn
In the lands where one taught
Nought but "Love thy fellow man"
Is this the worlds end now at hand?

edit on 5-3-2012 by artistpoet because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-3-2012 by artistpoet because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join