It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[PICS] The Earth In All Its Glory

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 03:29 AM
link   
Great thread! This is one of my favorites. Thanks

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 03:32 AM
link   
reply to post by juveous

That's awesome to hear

You're welcome

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 03:46 AM
link   
Wow, really puts things in perspective

Truly awe inspiring photos, thank you for sharing!

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 03:46 AM
link   
This is why we have some many E.T. visitors..
Our planet is incredibly beautiful and unique, you can't blame them for wanting to stop buy and check it out.. only the ugly minded people spoil our view of it.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 04:28 AM
link   
These are amazing pictures, and I think your intentions in posting them are noble. Thanks for sharing

Some of the pictures look like they couldn't possible be showing places here on Earth...

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 04:47 AM
link   
reply to post by paradox

wow!

Thank you OP

The picture of the earth from space, with the beam on sunlight, really is magnificent. Knowing that all we know, and who we know, and what we know, and what we do, and all the history we have, all took place on that one tiny rock...just amazing.

I mean think about it..we are floating on a rock, in space...how many people really understand this? I guess it's hard for people to get the right perspective.

But yea, not one picture was dull. Every single picture you used was just great.

Thanks for this bright spot in another day of dull threads

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Hope you dont mind but I had to take some of these for a background on my work PC. Breath taking

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by paradox

Thank you for the wonderful pictures. The Earth is beautiful and it makes me sad that there is war and devastation and suffering on this planet.

Our day to day individual problems and even "bigger" problems like wars and hate are just so insignificant in the grand scheme of things. That's why I pay no attention to these elections and politicians, etc.
This is my opinion only but I think they talk about things that really are not significant in the long run.

They mean nothing, in the grand scheme of everything.

Just my pondering.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 12:49 AM
link   
From the first image (not "galactic foam," but more accurately described as the "cosmic web"), with billions of galaxies separated by vast voids, to the drops of dew on that one anonymous plant, the range of Humankind's perception of the Universe is staggering. We can calculate the effect of Dark Matter on galaxies billions of light years away, and estimate the presence of quantum effects too small to detect with any device we are likely to build.

Yet, despite all of our staggering technological and scientific achievements, as a civilization, we're still blind to the rarity, the fragility, and the fleeting beauty of this one planet, the only one we've been blessed with.

Thanks for trying to open our eyes to the miracles that is our tiny blue marble.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join