It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[PICS] The Earth In All Its Glory

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Wonderful.. S&F for you..
Do you mind if i add this?

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   
To see this fabulous display of the wonders of our planet makes me warm and fuzzy inside. We take everybit of it forgranted. However, we cannot pass the blame. We are the main factor in the death of many species, warming the climate, destroying our atmosphere and ultimately, destroying the one home we have ever known. How much longer can the idiocy run on for?

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   
amazing imagery. great post. I even saved a few.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by paradox

Very nice pictures and a great idea for a thread.
I gave star and flag since this is a necessary reminder.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Fisherr

Not at all. Great addition. Thank you

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Thanks for the pics. Those were great. Recently me and my girlfriend have taken up photography. I am lucky enough to be in a place right now that allows for year round access to the outdoors. It is most humbling to get out into nature and realize how small you are. How unimportant one human being is in the grand scale of things.

We all are the center of our own universe, yet we are 1 in a 9,000,000,000. In a solar system that is 1 out of billions in our own galaxy. A galaxy that is one out of trillions. How important are we now?

My hope is that future generations will figure this out.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by David134

I love photography. If I was in a place with nice scenery I would take it up as a hobby. How very lucky for you two to live in a nice area. I plan on moving out of Chicago when I'm able to afford it. I'm not sure where yet, but there's something about desert sunsets and the night sky that's drawing me towards moving to Arizona or somewhere like that.

It's definitely a humbling experience once you realize how small we really are and how we treat one another. I'm going to make it a point to teach this to my kids when they're old enough to understand. It's something every parent should do, in my opinion. Maybe future generations would treat each other better then.

Thanks for the comment and I'm glad you enjoyed the pictures
edit on 3-4-12 by paradox because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Except for the bomb....

Wow! If those pictures don't make you feel good, nothing will.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by paradox

I had to laugh because thats where I am and I hiighly recommend it. One word of advice though, if you look around you might be suprised to find what is worthy of being photographed right around you. Yes nature is hard to beat but every now and then man does manage to create some beautiful things. The chicago sky line at b\night comes to mind. Good luck and peace be with you/

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by paradox

These pictures really brightened my day, had fun showing my daughter to an onslaught of how's and what's that's!! Lmao... Thanks again.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Xander1101

Beautiful

Always remind her how amazing life is.

You're welcome!

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Ah i could make an entire post about even just that first picture! Its a computer generated image and what you see is whats called super clusters of galaxies stretched across BILLIONS AND BILLIONS of light years. ( 6 trillion miles in even just one light year ) Galaxies, giant clusters of entire galaxies! And for those who don't know it goes; solar systems/stars, galaxies, universe. And there can be hundreds of billions of stars in a single galaxy, and there are hundreds of billions of galaxies in our universe. Absolutely mind boggling. Man i love space, any time i need to be humbled or need some perspective i go read about space. Thought provoking post, thanks!

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Love the Pics! Thank you!

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Keeper of Kheb

LOL!....In the movie "Butch Cassidy and the sundance kid" when the local sheriff is trying to drum up a posse to get "The hole in the wall gang" You are the bicycle salesman

On topic

Wonerful images, thanks for pointing my attention in that direction

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by paradox

Beautiful thread mate!
Some of the pictures are absolutely amazing.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

Thanks man. Glad you enjoyed. It took forever to upload those and post them

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Ditto to another who mentioned Desktop background. Several of your photos have been added to mine. I especially love the time lapse stuff of the night sky. It makes me want to go out and do some work on that myself the next night conditions and time are right.

What a terrific thread!

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Absolutely beautiful, S&F.

I love these sort of threads. Who says we can't find heaven on Earth.

Here's a little something to put it alll in perspective and I think only adds to the beauty of the images you have presented.

(I highly advise going 'FULL SCREEN' for this one and plugging in the head phones for this one
)

edit on 5/3/2012 by 1littlewolf because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by 1littlewolf

Incredible video, I've never seen that before. Definitely saved that.

Thanks

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 02:39 AM
link   
reply to post by paradox

This just breaks my heart because I look at all of these pics and want to cry. I look at the nature and the peace. I look at the Natives Indians and the Africans in their original garb and in peace with their environment and I can't help but curse the day they ever saw a European.

All these pictures show me what it was like before the Europeans came onto the scene. Everyone stayed where they were supposed to but them. They had to go and take and steak and kill and destroy. They disrupted the natural balance with technology and the real twisted irony is their descendants are now the ones who want to save the environment and put things back.

I curse the day.

PS (You can call that racist if you want. it's no ,more racist than half of the crap I see posted here on a day to day basis. At least, I'm telling the truth)

edit on 5-3-2012 by skepticconwatcher because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join