It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Discuss Obama's AIPAC speech. War with Iran seems inevitable

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   
I'm watching it now and am seriously let down. Obama is very much war mongering and hyping a war with Iran. You usually don't hear this unless a war is inevitable. He keeps hyping how Israel is our friend and we're going to do whatever we can to "help" them. He keeps saying Iran wants to wipe Israel off the map. Maybe I'm getting this wrong, but I thought Israel was the one who wanted to wipe Iran off the map>

There was a thread on her yesterday (link) over how much more oil was found in Iran. Coincidentally, you have the speech today.
edit on 4-3-2012 by mossme89 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by mossme89

kill em' all,let god sort them out!

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by reficul

kill em' all,let god sort them out!

I hope you're joking -___-

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Its a sad and crazy world. Keep your arms braced and prepare for impact!

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   

While I'm no longer a fan of the interventionist policies that we've been practicing recently, I don't think Iran is less guilty of wanting to erase Israel from the map than vice versa. There's so much hate in that area that its really hard to tell who's wanting what more than whom. Lets just suffice to say that we should let both sides deal with their own problems and keep ourselves safe.

Edit: As for the speech, I'll have to watch it later. I don't have TV service. Netflix/torrents FTW.
edit on 4-3-2012 by Holodomor because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by mossme89
I'm watching it now and am seriously let down. Obama is very much war mongering and hyping a war with Iran. You usually don't hear this unless a war is inevitable. He keeps hyping how Israel is our friend and we're going to do whatever we can to "help" them. He keeps saying Iran wants to wipe Israel off the map. Maybe I'm getting this wrong, but I thought Israel was the one who wanted to wipe Iran off the map>

There was a thread on her yesterday (link) over how much more oil was found in Iran. Coincidentally, you have the speech today.
edit on 4-3-2012 by mossme89 because: (no reason given)

Just finished watching it and I'm pretty disappointed. I think if the Romney wasn't a sure GOP winner, he would have been more middle-of-the-road.

If he thought he would be debating a peace candidate in a couple of months (like Dr. Paul), I think he wouldn't have been so one-sided. With Romney so far ahead, Obama's administration probably feels comfortable with the kind of statements he made today because they probably won't be questioned in debates by Romney, who pretty much agrees with him.

I bet if the GOP race were more neck-and-neck, today's speech would have been drastically different.

link   
The guardian has a rundown of the speech. link

Morpheus

also here is a nice little quote from BHO.

Iran's leaders should know that I do not have a policy of containment; I have a policy to prevent Iran from obtaining a nuclear weapon. And as I've made clear time and again during the course of my presidency, I will not hesitate to use force when it is necessary to defend the United States and its interests.

edit on 4-3-2012 by MorpheusUSA because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   

well if i am,they are not! ready for the draft!!!?

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   
I discussed it with my parents while it was on and I talked about how I'm against it and how Iran isn't very close to getting a nuclear weapon according to some reports.

My favorite quote:
My dad: Where do you get your info from?
Me: I do research on the Internet
My dad: That's the issue, I trust the CIA much more than the Internet

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Sick how the president and congress has to cater to a foreign government to stay in power. This only makes Israel more hated in the US since everyone is starting to wake up to who is pulling the strings.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   
I'm just wondering...what would you guys like Obama to say?

Do you want him to say that he absolutely not use force...ever???

I didn't see the speech, if anyone has a link I'd appreciate it...but from what I am reading about it, it looks like he said he prefers diplomacy, but force isn't off the table.

Do you guys really want him to say that the use of force is off the table???

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

I think we'd just like Obama to realize that after a decade of war, this nation is tired. No..We're exhausted. This war thing may be a new bone to chew on for HIM, as President, but it's the same tired old song to the rest of the population.

I was behind it in 2001. I was even supportive in 2003..when I genuinely believed Bush MUST know more than we do to go to war on what publicly looked weak. Well.. Hell.. He didn't and it WAS as weak as it looked.

Now...We're at it again. The Propaganda is flying from all sides..once again..and people are eating it up. Some of the SAME people who, a year ago, were cussing George Bush for all he did to make this and praising Obama as the man who was really different and wasn't looking to drag the United States through world wide war.

I don't know which is worse.....Seeing myself that Obama is MORE enthusiastic for war than even Bush on the eve of Iraq or watching the deep disillusionment of the Obama supporters. I'm serious.. I'm not making fun of anyone. It's really sad to watch the depth Obama has betrayed his own base of support.

He's no friggen different than any other President, excited to be a War Time leader. He just needed HIS OWN war to run before getting into things and really rolling his sleeves up for a President's idea of "fun". Libya was his trial run to work the bugs out...now he's ready for Prime Time. Tehran here we come.

edit on 4-3-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Let me see if I have the duffus in chief's ideas down...

Hey, Israel - I'm all down with your war and stuff but I need to get reelected first because I don't want to have to answer to the people for this thing.

What a courageous man who stands by his convictions...

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Obama should send his Nobel peace prize back.
He could never go against the people of his own family. His mother was a jewess.
So more war? Yes its the american way.
Im sure that alCIAda can organise it for him. A nice false flag killing americans is all thats needed. Wonder if mosad will help? They love doing those sort of things, specially when its killing american goyim. . Or how about just out right lying? Yes like the gulf of tonkin. Its about time people in the states elected some one who follows that god damn scrap of paper, as that muppet bush used to call it. I still cant work out how a nobody community worker won it the last time.
Ron Paul? Who? That crazy guy without a hope in hell of winning? Thats according to all the press I hear. Even here in the UK we never hear a word of him.
edit on 4-3-2012 by illuminnaughty because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

The thing is, Obama never campaigned as an anti-war candidate, or as a pacifist, or anti-military action.

He campaigned as a diplomacy first, talking to our enemies, and not getting into a full scale occupation where there is no exit strategy.

I was 100% fine with Libya. It didn't cost us trillions, it didn't lose 1000's of US soldiers, and it didn't get us into a situation where we are stuck in for the next 5-10 years. We went in with air strikes and support...did the job, and got out of there. That is how we should use our military force.

As an Obama supporter...I don't feel like I have been lied to at all...because I paid attention to what Obama said while campaigning...I never thought of him as anti-war or anti-military involvement. Just against stupid wars with no defined exit strategy or goal.

I don't think we will get involved in a ground war with Iran...we don't need to. Airstrikes, drones, special operations...that is all that is needed. And I honestly don't think it will be us that strikes Iran...I think Isreal will and we will support their actions or maybe join in as a joint strike force.

But are you saying that you honestly want to have a 100% anti-war policy...take it off the table and publicly announce that?

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   
minions di hard
the communist bankers use every one to destroy everyone else then they destroy the destroyers
ala stalin

some folks will never learn till its 2 late

so sad

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

But are you saying that you honestly want to have a 100% anti-war policy...take it off the table and publicly announce that?

Without hesitation or reserve, yes. I would personally go out and campaign for Obama if he announced just that. There are many peaceful nations that have a no-war policy. Do you think the Swiss are a peg lower on the world stage because they don't throw around bullets and Budweisers?

Up against the likes of Romney, I'll vote for him anyway but I'm getting tired of this kill-for-peace illusion that we keep getting fed to us. Iran wants a nuke. So far, we pick on a nation until it gets one (like NK) and then we back off. Singling out one nation and preventing them from having nukes while not demanding that their sworn enemy get rid of theirs is an unrealistic and unfair request.
edit on 4-3-2012 by Cuervo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

We are not Switzerland...it just is never going to happen.

Asking Obama to campaign as a 100% anti-war candidate is asking him to concede the election. I am anti-war in the sense that I don't think we need to be involved in any long standing ground war. But I'm not a pacifist.

I would never want any President to take military force completely off the table.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   

no war

top topics

join